6d Bitrate settings

Started by alperyard, October 09, 2015, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alperyard

Hi,
Firstly my English is not good, sorry.

I can change bitrate settings of eos m. But 6d ML menu hasn't got this option. How can i change video bitrate on 6d?

Thanks.

Levas

In the standard canon menu  ;D
The 6d had the 1080P ALL-i recording settings, it's 90Mbps, twice as fast as the older canons that shoot HD.

alperyard

Quote from: Levas on October 09, 2015, 04:00:48 PM
In the standard canon menu  ;D
The 6d had the 1080P ALL-i recording settings, it's 90Mbps, twice as fast as the older canons that shoot HD.

I know that, thank you. I'm using 1000x card, can i use magic lantern for set higher bitrate?

Walter Schulz

6D's SD-card interface is limited to about 41 MByte/s in write mode and not a single ML supported cam features UHS-II interface.

Levas

In the current builds of ML for 6d there's no bitrate control options like in the eos-m builds.
I don't now the exact reasons, but my guess is that there's no need for it because the 6d can do ALL-i recording in Canon menu.
But if you really want to try, I remember some builds in 2013 and maybe begin 2014 that had those bitrate setting menu in ML on the 6d.

For all 6d builds: (click in the left column build history on 'more' for really old builds.
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/6D.116/

Try some late 2013 builds, I believe they had the bitrate options in it.
But beware that these are for firmware 1.1.3 on the 6d and not as the latest builds for 1.1.6 firmware.
So maybe you have to downgrade to firmware 1.1.3

KelvinK

bitrate control on 6d  was removed due to camera freezes, as i recall it right
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!