1st Music Video with 5D Mark III RAW

Started by zossboss, October 03, 2015, 08:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zossboss

Produced my first music video for my DJ friend to find the best workflow as I have a few hip hop music videos coming up soon. It was a lot of fun making this! :)

DeafEyeJedi

I fucking love this video. Sorry it's so good that I had to say it.

Watched it again inside my car with a 10 inch bazooka and holy shit I must say the cuts goes with the beats really well and spot on.

Love the pace and it's story... Definitely can tell it was fun for you guys while making this.

Because I'm about to watch it again for the 3rd time and please share us your ML settings as well as post workflow if possible. Love how the blacks came out.

Also love how you used some long shutter exposure shots in some parts which came out awesome!

Thanks for sharing @zossboss and well job done, sir!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

zossboss

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 03, 2015, 09:00:49 AM
I fucking love this video. Sorry it's so good that I had to say it.

Watched it again inside my car with a 10 inch bazooka and holy shit I must say the cuts goes with the beats really well and spot on.

Love the pace and it's story... Definitely can tell it was fun for you guys while making this.

Because I'm about to watch it again for the 3rd time and please share us your ML settings as well as post workflow if possible. Love how the blacks came out.

Also love how you used some long shutter exposure shots in some parts which came out awesome!

Thanks for sharing @zossboss and well job done, sir!

Thank you so much! :) If you like the song let my friend know by posting on his FB page! http://www.facebook.com/diabeatz He would love to know he has some not-so-local fans!

I shot some of the beginning sequence at 23.976 fps since I knew I wasn't going to slow it all down. The rest was shot at 50fps with an aspect ratio of 1920x640 (3:1). I used MlRAWviewer to export to .mov, stretched and created proxies in AE, edited and color graded in Premiere, the lastly added the split RGB effect in AE once it was all put together. I used the lumetri color panel for the grading with a Fuji LUT and added a little purple to the shadows.

Max stood in one spot for a full 30+ minutes for the long exposure shots! Here's the link to the full video of that! https://youtu.be/6dAAIdecMy0

Really appreciate your feedback!

DeafEyeJedi

Brilliantly done with the long exposure shots -- thanks for sharing that particular video which leads me to another question -- was it done in undercranking via FPS override during RAW recording or the regular long exposure CR2 photos as in Timelapse?

zossboss

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 04, 2015, 09:45:32 AM
Brilliantly done with the long exposure shots -- thanks for sharing that particular video which leads me to another question -- was it done in undercranking via FPS override during RAW recording or the regular long exposure CR2 photos as in Timelapse?

I used the intervalometer in ML with, I think, a 1 second shutter speed, then i matched the ratio & fps in after effects. If I were to do it again I would make sure it is softened a bit, so it wouldn't look so different from the other clips. Thanks again!

DeafEyeJedi

Excellent work.

Also was this done with FRSP or the regular way?

zossboss

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 05, 2015, 06:56:25 PM
Also was this done with FRSP or the regular way?

It was the regular way. I had to google FRSP; I have never heard of it! There's probably so much I missing with ML haha