5D MkII : black LiveView, impossible to shoot, only LCD screen active

Started by KanedaActual, October 12, 2015, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KanedaActual

Hi there,

Here is my problem:

The day after a normal shoot with the latest version of ML for 5D MkII, it is no longer possible to shoot.

- The LiveView screen is black, and no button can change this state
- The Card LED remains inactive
- The LCD screen on top works perfectly
- Sometimes (1 times every 5 power up) the Viewfinder shows the parameters (ISO, speed, etc.) and the AF works, the rest of the time nothings works.

I have already tried the standard procedures (bad shutdown, card failure, bad ML config, startup mode problem) and, so far, the LiveView remains black, it is still impossible to shoot (even when the AF worked).

Any clue?

Best regards,

Michael

KanedaActual

I have replaced the autoexec.bin on the ML card with the autoexec.bin from your link.

The LiveView screen remains black, and the LED remains inactive.

So, no effect.

What can I do, at least to restore the original Canon firmware?

(I will try the 5D with an EVF tonight).

Take care,

Michael

a1ex

Make sure the card is bootable, and after each failed startup attempt, remove the battery.

If you already did these things, and you still can't get the display test working, I'm afraid it's most likely a hardware issue. The display test does not use anything from Canon's main firmware; it only requires the bootloader to be functional. If the bootloader is not working, there's nothing we can do, sorry.

KanedaActual

Fingers crossed for tonight with the EVF.

And if it does not work (read: hardware issue), I'll take the Canon Repair Service's road.

Thanks a lot, Alex!