Prevent auto-off LiveView without Sticky HalfShutter

Started by bart1983, September 24, 2015, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bart1983

Hey guys,

I am a wedding photographer and I want to make a photo booth for my wedding guests. It includes a box, a Canon 50d and a HDMI LCD display. But when I activate the liveview to see something on the HDMI display the liveview turns off after nearly 30 minutes. The sticky HalfShutter option helps to prevent that. But after taking a photo, the shutter button must be pressed to half again to activate the sticky HalfShutter. I can not say to all the guests that they have to activate the HalfShutter after taking some photos.

Pressing the HalfShutter button is no solution, too. Because after taking a photo the token picture would not be shown on the display.

Maybe it would work with short HalfShutter impulses every 10 Minutes?

Bart

Marsu42

Quote from: bart1983 on September 24, 2015, 01:24:03 PM
Maybe it would work with short HalfShutter impulses every 10 Minutes?

In that case, did you try to merge the recent lua scripting branch and use a script that does this? I know it involves some work atm, but this sounds like a prime example for simple user scripting "press button x, wait y, repeat".

dmilligan

Emulated software button presses do not prevent LV from going idle (only real physical button presses, Canon firmware knows the difference somehow). There is a Canon property that does though, which is how raw recording for more than 30 mins (or for longer than the camera auto-power-off setting if it's set to < 30 mins) was achieved. I don't remember the exact property off the top of my head, but you can check the merged PR queue, there should be one in there about raw recording and auto-power-off.