First Install 128mb card

Started by visiono, September 23, 2015, 11:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visiono

I wanted to do an install and start playing with photos at least and the menu. can't afford a 32gb card at the moment and was wondering if its safe to install with a 128mb sandisk card?

rpt

4 GB SD cards are under $5.00. If you are looking to shoot RAW, this may be much better than the 128 GB option.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: rpt on September 24, 2015, 05:46:23 AM
4 GB SD cards are under $5.00. If you are looking to shoot RAW, this may be much better than the 128 GB option.

And why?

rpt

Sorry, 128 MB option as you can get more snaps before you are forced to download or delete them... ;)

dfort

@visiono

Not 128 GB? The card is 128 MB? Really?

rpt

:)

Believe it or not, I have a 32 MB card (from a loooooong time back) and I cant even take a single picture on it on my 5D3...

Well, I shoot RAW, and that may be the problem ;)

visiono

in brazil things are much more expensive. yes i ment 128mb card, but only for first install. As i understand, you can later install ml on 32gb cards later or larger. So can i install ML on 128mb card or should i just wait and do it with 32gb cards?

dmilligan

I see no reason it wouldn't work. I have several 1GB cards I use for debugging.

rpt

If you mean only to load ML, that should work if there is a another card for storing pictures. Sorry I misunderstood.

Walter Schulz

@visiono: That's not the only card you own, I suppose.

visiono

walter, yeah its just a start to play around with a few photos, and magic lantern. i will be working with 32gb lexars.