White dots pattern on MLV videos [canon 700d/t5i]

Started by TheRadziu, September 23, 2015, 03:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRadziu

Hello, I just got my 64gb Sandisk extreme pro SD card so I installed ML right away,
My settings are basic right now because I wanted to try it out first without messing too much, so:
1280x720, 60fps(overrode to 23.978fps), sound enabled.
I recorded quick test and i spotted fairly visible white dots pattern [i assume its focus dots] in the middle of the recording, here its how it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/vXBXDo2.jpg (corrected exposure and gamma correction so you can see exacly what i mean, and by the way I dont mean the noise from high iso] I can see its going through the object, but it depends on the scene how much can you see them. I tried using "Remove focus dots" in MLVProducer but it only removes like 5% of them.
I think Im missing some step in my workflow, I tried pinkdotremover but it do not work on my pc right now [cannot run it to see gui, and when im trying to fix single dng it says something about tag error], raw2dng_cs2x2 also do not work since my file is MLV with sound, not RAW file and as I mentioned remove focus dots in MLVproducer do not work too well.

Any tips/solutions?

Mehmet Kozal

I use a 650D and it has that same behavior with ML Raw. But 2*2 chroma smoothing works for me with MLVFS and Mystic. But like you experienced, it doesn't play nice with underexposed footage.

From my experiments I also wouldn't go over 400 ISO on 700D with ML Raw (I find 200 is totally acceptable and I go 400 if I really have to) and don't underexpose it too much.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.