ML on EOS-M2

Started by Palpatine, September 22, 2015, 02:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madlen

I'm just starting to shoot photos and videos on M2 with ML, trying, exploring the possibilities.
I have updated the version to 1.0.4. and installed ML. I shot for several days, then ML fell and now it does not start from this card. Writes logs, but does not start.

How should I reinstall it?
Should I reformat my card again and install ML for version 1.0.4?
Thank you in advance for your reply. I really want to shoot a video as soon as possible!))
EOS M2

AVS

It looks like I really need your help with my EOS M2 as well
1. I got camera with 1.0.2 firmware
2. Upgraded it 1.0.3
3. Installed ML (got link to it from Zeek's youtube video – thanks for that video)
4. It worked OK, when I used camera with 18-55mm lens...just one thing went wrong – I have assigned "trash can" button for Depth-of-Field reviewing and found, the same button have to be used for ML, so I removed that DOF and could access ML menu (I pushed "trash can" button a few times and it froze camera all that times)
5. I bolted on 11-22mm lens and camera froze on a first frame...I played with 11-22mm until camera started to display corrupted image (some pink stripes at the bottom of screen)
6. Tried to reinstall ML a few times with no success – now it freezes on a first frame even with 18-55mm lens...formatted card in camera and PC
7. Removed ML and it works as it should
8. Tried a few attempts to upgrade with 1.0.4, but camera is not recognizing firmware on a card and freezing
I like this camera and really want to install ML on it.

AVS

solved
1.0.3 firmware + merged ML works great, no issues for a couple days
After installation "Restore ML defaults" at "Config options"

Quote from: ZEEK on December 20, 2019, 07:32:49 AM
All you need to do is couple tap menu in live view for refresh register.
...not sure, how to do that - it wold be great if you explain it with more details

and there is a big surprise - Focus stacking is working :) reliability is not confirmed yet, but it works
a disappointing thing is the fact 11-22mm lens can not be used with ML  - it was main reason to buy this camera

ZEEK

Everything is explained in this video:
https://youtu.be/T0UYMluXR0Q

Tapping the menu button a few times is necessary when the Liveview is in frozen state to unfreeze, or even before shooting a clip to avoid footage error.
EOS M

AVS

Zeek,
Thanks a lot for quick reply. I watched it again, but could not find any steps you are doing for "refresh register".

Walter Schulz

Is M2 affected by something like M's shutter bug? Didn't wrote A1ex a "minimal" autoexec.bin for M to determine if it's a timing problem or not?

Which card type are you using, AVS? Have you tried to run ML with other cards?

ZEEK

Quote from: AVS on September 28, 2020, 08:27:46 AM
Zeek,
Thanks a lot for quick reply. I watched it again, but could not find any steps you are doing for "refresh register".
When the LV freezes, I'm pressing the Menu button a few times (until back to LV), this unfreezes the LV, then it works fine again (Liveview is not frozen).
EOS M

AVS

Zeek, thank you
One more question - anybody using 11-22mm lens (or 15-45mm) with ML?

ZEEK

I've had the 15-45mm, quality is quite poor. I've seen good things from the 11-22mm though.. quality looks nice.
EOS M

AVS

I already got 11-22mm and my question was, if it works with M2 + ML...mine is not working - it freezes camera when I put it on ...LED light is blinking red/yellow, when I push switch on

ZEEK

Maybe a link to a sample video could help. If you are in stills mode/photo icon on the M2, LV will freeze because you need to take off RAW Video, restart camera, then disable Crop Mode in ML Tab 3. For Video Mode, it should work fine, try enabling release without shutter in the custom functions menu, although it's probably not related, it could help with other lenses if already not enabled. Otherwise, it chould be the shutter-bug issue which I have never encountered before.
EOS M

AVS

spent whole evening trying different combinations
here is what I found:
camera works fine with lens, which was bolted on in process of ML installation (not sure about firmware)...when I try to mount different lens (camera is off), it freezes camera when I switch it on.
It is the same situation with 18-55mm and 11-22mm - camera works with one lens only
It looks like camera registers lens at installation and can't register another one later

chrissul13

I have found that turning on autofocus with RAW locks up the cameras.  as such, i can't use the stock lens since there is no real way to turn off autofocus.

ctfire

Hello , can anybody tell  if it possible to make some fast fps modes on eos m2 48-50-60 fps in raw?

vicenzzopaiva

Guys, thank you for all the effort to port ML to the M2.
The lack of wifi or USB remote shooting of the original M is the biggest downside of it for me.
I'm thinking of getting the M2 to replace my M because fo that feature, but not having the 2.5K RAW 24fps is putting me back. That's the mode i use more often (95% of the time).
Is anyone working on that port right now? (since the lastest build is from may 2020)
EOS M - 2.0.2 - Danne's feb21 build
70D    - 1.1.2 - ArcziPL's mar19 build

Walter Schulz

Quote from: vicenzzopaiva on February 02, 2021, 04:03:26 PM
Is anyone working on that port right now?

Sorry, but the answer is no.

dangerbyte

Quote from: Fedor on August 10, 2020, 03:30:38 PM
Hello!
I installed recommended by ZEEK the M2 build from Danne and DForts M2Builds:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6e0LMn7r3bbNj84O06ThT3qezL14iEf/view

But whenever you try to record RAW, stripes appear that are visible both on the preview in the camera and in the MLVProducer program.
What can it be and is it possible to fix it?
THX!
https://ibb.co/ykdCWB3
https://ibb.co/KrhM3PX

It happens to me too.

Can anybody help us?

Eos M2 1.03 with ML last versión.

If I record in h264 everything is fine

Happens when 1080p crop is activated

Thanks

dangerbyte

Quote from: dangerbyte on February 27, 2021, 10:48:52 PM
It happens to me too.

Can anybody help us?

Eos M2 1.03 with ML last versión.

If I record in h264 everything is fine

Happens when 1080p crop is activated

Thanks

I have done tests. The problme is not in the ISO values. YOu Have to war luminous lenses. At High F values, noise appears. From 1.4 to 2.2 there is no noise. With F values greater than 3, noise appears.

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

tornadohost

Hello !

I have Canon EOS M2. I'd like to install ML on my camera, but.. My M2 is with 1.0.2. The only thing I could find is ML for 1.0.3. I tried to install 1.0.3..

I made format of the SD card, copy - paste the FIR file on the PC.. I've started to update the firmware and this caption appears :

No OK button, no other options.. Just CANCEL.. After 9 minutes the green light got on.. 25 minutes after that the Canon goes out..

Please, tell me.. What to do ?

Walter Schulz

The OK button should be accessible by pressing one of your fingers on the OK button. The OK button is placed to the right of highlighted Cancel button.
Or use main dial to navigate to OK button (which will be highlighted) and press SET.

tornadohost

That's the problem. I see the button OK, but.. The button is not active. I try to push it in many ways but.. No chance..

I'm pressing at 3 o'clock too.. No access..

Walter Schulz

Madame Trash Heap told me that touchscreen and dial/wheel are deactivated for this function due to security. Press dial at 3 o'clock to access OK.

Canon provides PDFs with installation instructions within downloaded file. Follow the instructions. If in-cam update fails again try EOS Utility as described in PDF.

critix

I remade the ML for the EOS M2:
https://bitbucket.org/ccritix/magic-lantern-git/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2021Nov17.EOSM2103.zip
The links below were no longer functional.
Quote from: critix on May 20, 2020, 08:04:28 AM
Starting with the changes made by Danne to:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg208959#msg208959, I added support for EOSM2.
It's not finished yet ... there are some adjustments to be made, but it's functional.... I hope ;D
Download:
https://bitbucket.org/ccritix/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2020May19.EOSM2103.zip
Branch:
https://bitbucket.org/ccritix/magic-lantern/branch/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_raw_only-EOSM2

Last edit:
I changed some values in mlv-lite, and rebuilt ML.
Canon 1300D, 500D, EOS M, EOS M2

owendorweiler

Quote from: critix on November 24, 2021, 02:12:31 PM
I remade the ML for the EOS M2:
https://bitbucket.org/ccritix/magic-lantern-git/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2021Nov17.EOSM2103.zip
The links below were no longer functional.

Just to clarify, this version supports 2.5k raw and other resolutions/modes that the EOS M supports? Is there any differences in the firmware? Thanks for all your work on developing this!