ML on EOS-M2

Started by Palpatine, September 22, 2015, 02:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namake

Hi, how is ML M2 development going? Does anyone deal with it? I really need the fixed dual iso. I using the 19.07.27. date build in which dual iso doesn't work.

Fadis

Hi guys! I want to order M2 . I decided to switch from the first version to the second because of the size and autofocus :)

Does M2 support 256Gb of memory?

Walter Schulz

EOS M2 supports SDXC specs. SDXC storage limit is 2 TB.

Fadis

Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 01, 2019, 02:53:32 PM
EOS M2 supports SDXC specs. SDXC storage limit is 2 TB.

is a Samsung EVO plus 128-256Gb memory card a good choice?

ZEEK

Quote from: Fadis on December 01, 2019, 07:56:50 PM
is a Samsung EVO plus 128-256Gb memory card a good choice?

One word: Terrible.
I have used this one before meant for my smartphone, but I used it on the EOS M as a test and it was the worst performer. You don't want micro sd.
Stick with Lexar PRO 1000x or SanDisk Extreme Pro. I've used both of these on the M & M2. No issues. My favourite is probably the Lexar PRO 1000x. I know we always aim to get the cheapest for best value, but sometimes you have to spend the extra bucks to get good, reliable products.
EOS M

Walter Schulz

ZEEK, which Evo plus?

old (slow): MB-MC128DA/EU
new (fast): MB-MC128GA/EU

Walter Schulz

AFAIK they cannot be tell apart by visual inspection. GA's write rate is well beyond 80 MByte/s.

ZEEK

Ah right!..I don't have it anymore, so I won't be able to recall.  ::)
EOS M

Aperture Science

with "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_EOSM2_dfort_2019Jul27.EOSM2103.zip" I found that when an outer monitor attached, EOSM2 have the trouble on the bad(pink) frames. But this doesn't appears on the EOSM. The problem of the image buffer? PS: the monitor is running on 1080p

Aperture Science

Quote from: Danne on July 29, 2019, 03:15:36 PM
Thanks. Let's skip raw_slurp for now.
The other version should be working normally not getting into 1800x when selecting mcm rewired. If you can, please test that as well only for mcm rewired 1736x976
This version:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_EOSM2_dfort_2019Jul27.EOSM2103.zip

Another News is this is the stablest version I ever used.
With 1080p monitor attached and 1600x863@14-bit(not losses), it can recording normally without bad frames.
With inside monitor, basically everything are so far so good.

This is a tip for future developing (if it keeps), this version is on the right track.

ZEEK

Never experienced bad frames before on the M2 with three different branded monitors I've used. Also never had issues with the current build I'm using for the M2. Works flawlessly. Great camera!  ;)
EOS M

Danne

Eosm will probably work as good with monitor if raw slurp is disabled.

ZEEK

@Danne, really? That would be superb. Is it easy to disable raw slurp? If raw slurp is disabled on the EOS M, I would wonder how anamorphic modes and 2.5k mode would behave...Cheers!
EOS M

Danne

Disable raw slurp and all presets besides mv1080p and x5 zoom(non raw slurp)will break.
It´s defined for all presets now but I guess it could be undefined with mv1080p but low priority here. I never use monitors on eosm.

ZEEK

Yeah fair enough! Makes sense. Keep the M2 for monitors, and the EOS M for the fun stuff 😉👍

You know how it's like these days with film-makers, we all have to have monitors on our rig irrespective if we use them or not. 🤣
Cheers for the reply and keep up the good work. I recently got a 5D2 but I'm still hyped with using the M & M2.
EOS M

Danne

Well, someone with code skills could undefine raw_slurp for specific purposes.

ZEEK

EOS M

Aperture Science

Quote from: ZEEK on December 11, 2019, 09:44:24 PM
Never experienced bad frames before on the M2 with three different branded monitors I've used. Also never had issues with the current build I'm using for the M2. Works flawlessly. Great camera!  ;)

How...? I have no trouble using the built-in monitor, but with a 1080p monitor attracted, problems are just all over the place.  :'(

ZEEK

EOS M

Aperture Science

Quote from: ZEEK on December 12, 2019, 11:59:29 AM
Using a merged M2 build from Danne and DForts M2Builds:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o6e0LMn7r3bbNj84O06ThT3qezL14iEf/view

This is cool!
Let me try out for this :) :) :)
Thank you!!!

TheBunn

Super stoked to try this. My M2 has not been very stable with previous tests. Not like the M1 anyhow.. That thing is a tank. Thank you Zeek, DFort and Danne for your amazing work in all of this. Do y'all have any funding / donation options?

Aperture Science

Quote from: ZEEK on December 12, 2019, 05:58:53 AM
Yeah fair enough! Makes sense. Keep the M2 for monitors, and the EOS M for the fun stuff 😉👍

You know how it's like these days with film-makers, we all have to have monitors on our rig irrespective if we use them or not. 🤣
Cheers for the reply and keep up the good work. I recently got a 5D2 but I'm still hyped with using the M & M2.

Na....this is not working either, I am buying a HDMI hacker to force EOSM2 output a 480p signal in order to decrease the usage of the CPU. Lets see what will it do.

DeafEyeJedi

Hi @ZEEK -- hope you don't mind me asking but who did the merge for this and where exactly did it come from originally?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109