ML on EOS-M2

Started by Palpatine, September 22, 2015, 02:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonkjon

jonkjon

Working with the latest build from dforts repository and replacing the crop_rec with the presets from Danne is giving me the best results. I had some issues with Magic Zoom flickering using Danne's build but I get slightly higher res. using his. I do have to punch into the menu occasionally to get out of a lock up but it is much, much better than previous. Other than the shutter speed being off slightly, this thing is working pretty darn great. THANK YOU to everyone for the fantastic work!!!

--Jon

Danne

Yeah, that´s pretty nice. Branch should be merged and fixed but dfort seems busy these days. I have no cam so focusing on other stuff atm.

ZEEK

Magic Lantern on the EOS M2 has been going really great, really useable now. I have noticed that the M2 produces less noise as well as minuscule aliasing when compared to the EOS M.

One thing, though not major, is that the M2 doesn't work well with a monitor. It doesn't even recognize it is being connected to one and won't connect. Not sure what the issue is here, works well with the original M, guess ill have to play around with it more.
EOS M

jonkjon

Quote from: ZEEK on July 21, 2019, 07:49:25 AM
One thing, though not major, is that the M2 doesn't work well with a monitor. It doesn't even recognize it is being connected to one and won't connect. Not sure what the issue is here, works well with the original M, guess ill have to play around with it more.

I think the A/V out has been crippled by Canon from the start with the M2. I haven't ever been able to get them to work except for using the wireless functionality and an iPad. I was holding out hope that they didn't actually cripple it via hardware....

--Jon

ZEEK

Thanks Jon,
yeah thats a shame, though not a big deal. Thanks for the response. :)
EOS M

Aperture Science

Hi, my EOS m2 is about to arrive in 2 days (including a external monintor)
I can't wait to test this out.
I lens I got is 17-40 & 50 1.4
Also I have eos m1 in the same time, it is excited to have a compare between these two models since there aren't many video about this.

jonkjon

Quote from: ZEEK on July 22, 2019, 12:22:25 AM
Thanks Jon,
yeah thats a shame, though not a big deal. Thanks for the response. :)

Good News! I was wrong! (As I often am) I discovered that having wi-fi enabled on the device disables the HDMI output. I haven't tried the usb connection as I don't think I have the proper cable.

--Jon

ZEEK

Cool to know! I'll give it a go and see how it plays out :) Thanks. Would be a game changer.
EOS M

Aperture Science

From what I get:
The AF system works well during recording the raw video
by using the settings:
mv 1080p_rewired on (12bit 16:9)
RAW Video on
Sound record on
All the Modules are loaded
with 50mm F1.4 @1.8
Used "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_EOSM2_2019Jul07.EOSM2103.zip" by Danne

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/tohVR083V5M

However, I found that the camera will dead after record the raw video (Menus are available, but no images on the display. Won't fix by enter into the canon menu and exit)
And screen may froze after enter into the ML menu and exit (only once during my test).
The build is still kind of unstable, some problem like randomly black display or frozen; but a big thanks to you guys, the progress is so far so good

Also I found the focus pixel can not be removed even in the latest MLV APP

GOOD JOB GUYS

Danne

See reply #576 for better performance.

Aperture Science

I see...there are even more interesting models lolll
I will test it for a while and give you guys feedbacks

masc

Quote from: Aperture Science on July 25, 2019, 06:32:57 PM
Also I found the focus pixel can not be removed even in the latest MLV APP
Really? I could remove all focus pixels from EOS M2 MLV (mv1080p) files from 14 days ago without any problem. Have you installed focus pixel maps?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ZEEK

I could get rid of focus pixels since day one of using ml with the M2, even with 3x3 chroma smooth they're all gone!
I used Danne's July 07, but copied the crop_rec and replaced it into DForts July 06 Crop_rec. Works as good as the M now, with zero pink frames even with a monitor. Amazing Camera cheers to the team :)
EOS M

kaworu9527

Hi guys!

I saw this fantastic project 2 days ago, and then I bought a pre-owned EOS M2 ,even I had a EOS M at the same time.

I know a little about camera, video, coding, and so on. I will test this ML on EOS M2 and give feedback to you.

I hope I can help.

thank you very much for all the people who work in this project!

Aperture Science

Quote from: masc on July 25, 2019, 07:11:22 PM
Really? I could remove all focus pixels from EOS M2 MLV (mv1080p) files from 14 days ago without any problem. Have you installed focus pixel maps?

interesting...I am using MLV APP v1.8 and I noticed there are many fpm files in the folder. Let me see if these can be installed into the MLV APP

masc

Quote from: Aperture Science on July 26, 2019, 12:03:30 PM
interesting...I am using MLV APP v1.8 and I noticed there are many fpm files in the folder. Let me see if these can be installed into the MLV APP

->

Quote from: masc on July 23, 2019, 04:31:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYqSavtita0
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dfort

Quote from: Aperture Science on July 25, 2019, 06:32:57 PM
The build is still kind of unstable...

I'm surprised it is somewhat usable. Seems the most success is by using my latest builds with Danne's crop_rec module from his EOSM2 build. I tried merging to get Danne's more advanced EOSM2 settings but there are way too many conflicts and it will regress some things that we don't want to regress. Since it is "only" adding mcm_mv1080 and anamorphic_rewired it shouldn't be that hard. The hard part is keeping up with Danne's changes without breaking anything that is already working.

Danne

Maybe easiest to put in my rewired presets into your branch so at least those will work and then keep going from there?

dfort

Done -- I think. Haven't had time to try it but it looks like there are some willing testers out there.

Danne

Nice. Will check later. Did you upload a build?

ZEEK

New Settings July 26 Build has a few problems:
- New zoom modes are cool and work smoothly
- Shutter speed is working fine (1/49 compared to 1/56)
- The resolution has gone down from 1736x956 to 1736x568 or somewhere around there.
- When Global draw is on, pink frames are everywhere through the frames.
- Crop Mode Bid Depth is a "no-go zone". Enable it, and the whole image will go very dark with pink clipped areas in the highlights.
- Must enable 16:9 in Crop sub-menu otherwise image is black.
- When recording normally, in MV_1080, it has the anamorphic stretch with focus pixel dots all over the frame.

*Busy right now, but ill see if I can upload some MLV's sometime soon...
EOS M

Danne

Hm, not sure how dfort implemented stuff here but there are still plenty code missing. I can take a look later.

Danne