New York City in-motion 4K timelapse (holy-grail too)

Started by mihovilm, September 20, 2015, 01:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mihovilm

New York City in-motion Timelapse [4K]

After more than 300 hours of post-processing and 5 weeks of filming, I've finally managed to release my personal masterpiece.
I've never put this much work into a project as I'm only 18 years old, but it was all worth it. The vibe and the atmosphere this place gives is simply unique and indescribable. Due to that I definitely think that no other city in the world can match it. Not even close.

I've spent most of the summer 2015 in the #USA, and I decided to test what exactly does Magic Lantern SW offer for timelapses. The result is simply amazing, from ETTR holy-grails to deflickering.
So please check out my in-motion timelapse of the greatest city in the #world - NYC.

All sequences are available watermark-free in 4K and 5K for a specific fee, and will be available on Getty Images and Shutterstock as well.

Please watch in 1080p (HD)
Visit : http://youtube.com/c/MihovilMandic
_____

What makes this project even more interesting is the equipment I used that maybe somewhat surprising.

Modified Canon T2i + latest Magic Lantern nightlies
Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
Vanguard Espod Plus 233AP

Adobe After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop CC 2015, LRTimelapse and Sony Vegas for post-process.

© Copyright 2015 Mihovil Mandic. All rights reserved. All photographs and video clips included herein are the property of Mihovil Mandic. All materials are protected under the United States, Croatia and international copyright laws and treaties which provide substantial penalties for infringement.
The use of any images or other materials included herein, in whole or part, for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, storage, manipulation, digital or otherwise, is expressly prohibited without the written permission of Mihovil Mandic.

Music : Disclosure - You & Me (Flume Remix) (C) 2013

Thanks in advance. All thoughts are welcomed.

dimitri

Excellent!
Could you please explain how you made the panning (motion)?
I do not thing that you used a slider.

bely1995

mihovilm

Thank you so much everyone!

I'm trying to improve my post-process skills, new cities coming soon! :)

@dimitri, I've only cropped the video using keyframes.

For an example, one sequence starts with a full 16:9 frame, and I've set a keyframe at the end of the sequence that it crops to 80% of the frame, so it looks like it's panning :)