LOFTY_Short_Raw

Started by Pedro_MOD, September 03, 2015, 08:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro_MOD

A short I made with some footage I took up in Mt Lofty Adelaide (South Australia).
It was one week before Spring and the morning fog was inspiring.

Shot with Canon 5D MarkII
Using Magic Lantern Raw
Edited in Davinci and After effects
Did not record with sound so all sound in post work
Used 85mm T1.5 Rokinon Cine Lens and Canon 14mm 2.8

DeafEyeJedi

Your composures were breathtaking plus the sound editing was incredible (even with my cochlear implants listening to a surround system) & sounded theatrically awesome and I loved how the dynamic range from the good ole' 5D2 still looks so nice that it makes me regret selling mine.

Since you used AE -- did you apply a flat log prior to grading such as VisionLOG or Cinelog-C? Or did all the grades in Resolve alone w several nodes?

Again, this was a well shot short with great pace to the editing other than maybe a little too long (unless it was done intentionally) on few of the takes but that's about it. Gotta love the fogs!

Also thought I noticed a 3x crop-mode with the 85 1.5 in one of your shots -- did you shoot in crop-mode by any chance?

Nice job with the colors as well -- gives that chilly feel exactly just like how it should be a week within spring.

Thanks for sharing Pedro_MOD and welcome aboard!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Pedro_MOD

Thank you DeafEyeJedi,
I actually used Vision Color Style on my camera for the Flat log.  Then in Resolve used BMD color space to apply my LUT etc.
I then exported it as a floating TIF to then apply sound, text, and fix a few dead pixels in my cam.

I actually shot so much more and every shot was just ever so calm, collected and inspiring so I guess some of the long shots were deliberated.
Yes I did shoot on 3X crop with the Rokinon which I love.

DeafEyeJedi

Vision Color Style was actually set as your camera's color profile?

If so, that won't give it a flat log to the actual footage because you are shooting RAW unless you meant applying this in ACR as a dcp?

Great job on the 3X crop-mode w the 85 1.5! [emoji106]

Mind sharing what exact settings you used within ML & Canon menus?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Pedro_MOD

"unless you meant applying this in ACR as a dcp"
Correct.

Thank you

DanHaag

Wow, this is amazing indeed. Good work!!!

Pedro_MOD

baldavenger

Wonderful cinematography.  You captured a very distinctive atmosphere.  Well done sir.
EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | Canon 24-105mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Samyang 14mm T3.1 | Opteka 8mm f3.5

Pedro_MOD