No Menu Item Appears for Loading Modules

Started by garzast, September 11, 2015, 05:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garzast

Wow... pulling my hair out on this one!

I've been testing Magic Lantern and loving it but decided to go that next step and go for RAW video on my Canon 5D Mark III with firmware 1.2.3.  I followed the instructions I've found on this site, got my nightly build at http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/ (making sure to use the 53 1.2.3 one) and replaced the existing ML files on the SD card, made sure the nightly build includes the raw module, then put the card in the camera and updated the firmware.  I got the message on screen that says it's been made bootable and it asked me to restart.  I did.  Unfortunately, no menu item appears to the right of the "i" menu item, so I can't load the raw module.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

UPDATE:  Figured it out!!  I was looking for the triangle menu item to be able to load the modules first, but after scrolling through the menu (and realizing I needed to scroll down) I found the raw module was already available.  I just needed to switch it to on, then go to the movie menu and also switch raw video on.  Looks like that did it.