Choosing SD card for RAW videos on Canon 700D[rebel t5i]

Started by TheRadziu, September 10, 2015, 03:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRadziu

Hello everyone, first at all this is my first post here and I hope i've posted it in correct subforum :)
Soon[like really soon] Im getting Canon 700D combo pack [with bag,lenses and some random 8gb memory card] from http://www.mediaexpert.pl/lustrzanki-cyfrowe/aparat-canon-700d-obiektyw-18-55-stm-torba-100eg-karta-pamieci-sd-8gb,id-535413(sorry, site in Polish) and first thing i'm gonna do is install MagicLantern mod, but of course I am aware that I need fast memory card in order to sucessful RAW video recording so here is my question:
Which memory card should I buy in order to record in max resolution that my camera can shoot in raw without time limit [or rather buffer limit?] like you know ~10min of continous recording without any breaks/pauses[not counting 4gb filesize file split]:
-Sandisk Ultra 40mb/s [up to 40mb/s [?]]
-Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s [90mb/s writing speed]
-Sandisk Extreme 60mb/s[40mb/s writing speed - in different shop i've found its 60mb/s so im not sure]

I'm asking this question mainly because I think I saw something like hardware max writing speed for 700D is 45mb/s somewhere, so in case this is right that canon 700d have such limit there is no reason for me to get 95mb/s because all these speeds are going to get wasted anyway.

Extra question: Can MagicLantern override FPS in normal recording [not raw] so I could record in 60fps in 1080p[I think camera should be able to do so]

Cheers! :D

TheRadziu

Sorry for double post but it was few days since I asked that question (and almost 100 views) and I still havent got answer. I already ordered my 700D and I chose extreme pro (95mb/s) as my card because rest of them cannot maintain constant 40mb/s, but 95mb/s can.

Now my question is: should i take 64gb or 32gb? because RAW recording is pretty big (25gb of 11 min /720p/24fps).
Does canon eos 700d support 64gb memory cards?

justanothershooter

"so I could record in 60fps in 1080p[I think camera should be able to do so]"

You're seriously overestimating the capability of the camera mate. No chance.

It should work fine with a 64GB SD card at least, so it isn't all bad news.

TheRadziu

Quote from: justanothershooter on September 18, 2015, 09:32:29 AM
"so I could record in 60fps in 1080p[I think camera should be able to do so]"

You're seriously overestimating the capability of the camera mate. No chance.

It should work fine with a 64GB SD card at least, so it isn't all bad news.
It wasnt harmful to ask too, I was aware that FAQ states it isnt possible, but I wanted to make sure it is up to date information.

I just got my 64gb sandisk extreme pro memory card and Im pretty happy with it. Card works well, on benchmark I saw that i get around 43mb/s on each step of the test so its pretty decent result. I'd like to include screen as further confirmation, but I dont know how to screencap these results [I know i need to press gallery button after I start R/W test to make my test better, and I also know there is 10s screencap option, but the test takes like 5min to complete, so I'm doing something wrong :F] - Nvm, here is result on playback mode: