Firmware 1.2.3 (5D300123.FIR) for my EOS Canon 5D mark III

Started by gpepix, September 08, 2015, 09:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpepix

Hi everybody,
Is anyone able to provide for me the firmware 1.2.3 (5D300123.FIR) for my EOS Canon 5D mark III cuz i upgrade my camera with the last firmware 1.3.3 (5D300133.FIR) that don't allow the ML installation.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards.
Greg.

Walter Schulz

<Sigh>
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> 5D3.123
and read instructions.
You need EOS Utility v2.x to downgrade. Downgrade using cam's firmware procedure is not possible.

joeray

Hello Friends,
          I sent my Canon 5DMK2   and Canon 5DMK3 to Canon USA  for cleaning.  They replaced the circuit boards in both cameras and they installed the latest firmware.  Unfortunately, I don't have the original firmware that I used Magic Lantern on.   

Can anyone send me the Firmware for my 5D3  1.2.3    and my 5D2  2.1.2
My email is:   [email protected]      and firmware must be MAC compatible...     Thank you,   Joe Ray

Walter Schulz

See post above yours.

And 5D2 is just simple. EOS Utility is optional.

joeray

I just wanted to report that I sent my 5DMK3 back to Canon and they graciously reset my camera firmware from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3 so I could load ML firmware.  I told them why I needed it reloaded and that I was using ML.  They said they understood and when I got my camera back, it had the proper firmware for Magic Lantern 2..... Thanks for the great help Canon.... at no charge...

Danne

?
You can already do this yourself with canon eos utility. Several posts about it.