Save custom white balance

Started by gridluck, February 07, 2017, 07:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gridluck

I'm looking for a way to save my custom white balance, with an easy way to get back to specific one when necessary. I've several filters, that I put on camera, unfortunately those require (every time) a change to white balance.. My current workflow is
1. attach a filter to camera lens
2. perform and update a white balance in camera via grey card or picking up a file << time consumer...
3. update exp compensation, etc
4. start shooting

my ideal time saving workflow is
1. attach a filter to camera lens
2. swap a filter dedicated memory card with ML on it, and a record of last settings including white balance, exp compensation, etc << time saver!!
3. start shooting

I hoped that ML saved settings would include the records of last used white balance etc, but it doesnt, or maybe i'm doing something wrong.. could you please help, how to achieve above?

a1ex

Since you can already set a custom white balance from menu (both Kelvin and multipliers), it should be doable with a Lua script.

There is currently a similar workaround on some camera models that, for some reason, don't save white balance settings in movie mode (CONFIG_WB_WORKAROUND). It only covers Kelvin and green-magenta settings, but it should be easy to adjust for custom WB (if you prefer C to Lua).

gridluck

Basically I'd like my ML-SD card to dictate/override all settings for camera when inserted, like with a harddrive with it's own OS, config and files. I prefer Custom white balance to the rest, but can compromise, as long as final images look alike.

gridluck

so no way to do what I need? I'm new to ML really, and would appreciate step by step guidance.. thanks