5DMKIII Frame Skipping and over 4,29GB Files Workflow

Started by sonoiosonoqui, September 03, 2015, 02:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonoiosonoqui

Hi,
i'm new in the forum and in ML RAW hack world.
I choose to install it on my camera because i wanted to be able to make my 5D an equal and right support camera to use with my others, Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K and a Canon C300.

But! Going straight to the point:

I. In both RAW and MLV hack my 5D skips frames. How come?
This is the situation:

- Komputerbay 128GB 1000x CF.
- Camera is set to 1920x1080 24fps ALL-I.
- Override is set to 29.976.
- Camera is set specifically and only on RAW image quality.
- Just for now in ML Frame Skipping is Allowed.
- Use SRM job memory is ON.
- Small hack is ON.

What isn't mentioned in the list and is bound to RAW recording is set to OFF.

II. Yesterday i recorded my FIRST over 4.29GB RAW (not MLV) file and when i tried - as usual - to transcode it using MLRawViewer the application crashed. So i tried to use RAW Magic and it appears to be a split and not complete file. So, i can glue the file together, or how can i transcode it as it is?

Probably the second question was already answered many times, so sorry to bother, but i'd like a recap.

Thx 

DeafEyeJedi

Set your CF card to exFat.

Not sure why would you override to 29.976fps with Camera set @ 24fps? It'd be ideal to set 29.976fps and not use override unless you want to shoot in exact 30fps.

Also with KB 128GB 1066x card -- it's going to skip frames at full 1080p and try to lower resolution such as 1856x1044 which should work without skipping.

If it does skip then try with Card Warm-Up enabled which should help do the trick.

Reminder: RAWMagic isn't supported here on ML (read here) -- since you are on a Mac try either MLVFS (only supports MLV files) or cr2hdr-r which works really well for both MLV & RAW.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109