Paris Poetry - the visual poem / ML RAW

Started by jackmoro, July 29, 2015, 11:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

Hello!

Poetry of Paris streets through my lens. The visual poem.

Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
Graded in Davinci Resolve.

Thanx for watching.

PS: listen it in headphones

Datadogie

Not just you but I wish people would put in a little more information. eg camera, lens and maybe which software.
Other than that little rant I enjoyed your video.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

jackmoro

Thank you.
I think most of details are in description/tags. Main camera 6D, few shots with 5D3. Graded in Resolve. Lens Tamron 24-70, Canon 50 1.4, Nikkor 105AIS. Sigma 35/1.4 DX (used in crop mode). Edited in Vegas.

DeafEyeJedi

How do you like your Nikkor 105 2.5 AIS?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

jackmoro

It's a beast lens when you use it as photo lens. Color is just amazing. For video it's also very good, but sometime I'm having issues with infinity focusing.

jackmoro

And lens built as tank. Dropped it several time on asphalt and nothing happen.

DeafEyeJedi

I bet. Agreed that they are built like a tank. Is yours the P.C. version?

Mine pre-AI copy is a P.C. and I personally think the contrasty look/feel that the glass produces is a nice feature and saves me time in post. Plus it can close all the way down to f32 for certain situations which is a plus, IMO.

It is also a fun lens to use during photos. I find Trap Focus module useful for this.

I also noticed the infinity issue on my end as well and suspect it's probably caused by the adapter that is being used on the canon bodies.

I tend to remind myself to slightly shift it over a mm or two to hit the sweet spot. It's not always perfect but I think it helps me for the most part.

jackmoro

KelvinK

This is just brilliant. Editing, sounds, grading, everything. How did you process dng files for this?

ps: come to Paris for free now, video is getting online on pretty famous trend websites in France.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jackmoro

Thanks Kelvin. Appreciating. I used BMD to Cinelog-C LUT.

gmfotografie

DeafEyeJedi

Which LUT did you use to apply on top of Cinelog-C for the final look?

Looks Like one of the 'Rec 709 FM' LUTS from Cinelog-C's package or did you do the grades on your own in DR with the new built in color corrector?

gmfotografie

hi jackmoro, great video: like the colors, the story and the editing !!!

i´m also interessted in more detail which lut you use and if you do an extended color grading after assigning a lut ?

some clips seams filmed by handheld. which stabilizer you use in postproduction?

best regards, michael

jackmoro

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on August 18, 2015, 07:58:15 AM
Which LUT did you use to apply on top of Cinelog-C for the final look?

Looks Like one of the 'Rec 709 FM' LUTS from Cinelog-C's package or did you do the grades on your own in DR with the new built in color corrector?

I'm working in Resolve 11 yet. I used several different grading nodes to achieve the final look, one of them for example Kodak Ektar-100 LUT.

jackmoro

Quote from: gmfotografie on August 20, 2015, 08:05:42 AM
hi jackmoro, great video: like the colors, the story and the editing !!!

i´m also interessted in more detail which lut you use and if you do an extended color grading after assigning a lut ?

some clips seams filmed by handheld. which stabilizer you use in postproduction?

best regards, michael

Thanks Michael. The main trick to get it stable is less shake when you're shooting :)
I used stabilization in Resolve to most of the shaky frames.

gmfotografie

Kodak Ektar ;-)   i love this film using with my chamonix largeformat 4x5"  8)

KelvinK

@gmfotografie Does this LUT look similar to real film from your camera? Never used real print film ^^
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

gmfotografie

i´m sending a pm not going offtopic.... ;)

KelvinK

6D - 5D - NEX - M50!