I think I just bricked my T3i.

Started by HunterLoma, August 23, 2015, 01:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterLoma

So I was updating from 2.3 to the latest nightly build and in the process I accidently deleted the Magic Lantern files. Now my camera won't shut off and the LED indicator is blinking red. Am I screwed or is there hopefully a fix? I've tried formatting the card and updating to the stock firmware but nothing has worked.

dpjpandone

take the card and battery out. Now put the battery back in and start up with no card inserted. Does it work like normal?

HunterLoma

Wow! I'm an idiot. Thank you, that worked perfectly.  :)

Datadogie

Just a warning to all. First thing every time you have a freeze problem.TAKE OUT THE BATTERY. If not you risk overheating. But as I have never heard of a true bricked camera this has never happened. Or has it?
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

Decoymans

Probably asking the question in the wrong area, sorry. I'm new to this forum, I have just bought a Canon Rebel T3i and was looking on the net for the latest firmware for it, found that I have 1.0.2 but looking into it more I found you guys and magic lantern. I would like to install this on my camera but have mixed messages as some of the YouTube info is a bit out of date, can anyone help me with how to install it as a first time install and is it still good for my model?

Regards
John