Intervalometer in RC2.3

Started by garry23, July 21, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Just uploaded my 50D firmware, downloaded RC2.3 and all looks good. Battery drain problems from previous versions of ML seems to have gone away: fingers crossed!

One thing I have noticed, although I may be missing something, is that the intervalometer shoots number can only be changed in increments of 100. Of course I may be missing a trick.

I will carry on testing on the 50D and post anything I find.

Cheers

Garry

PS I PMed Alex on this as well

zhujunsan

in shoot.c , the parameter of intercalometer is stored in 'interval_stop_after' if i'm correct
and every time the code using that number, it use it in a 'interval_stop_after * 100' way, that's why it's 100 based.
hope it helps

garry23

'zhujunsan'

Not sure I understand what you are saying. The min intervalometer increment is 100, thus I am interpreting this to mean ML will stop after 100 images and not one less. Thus, if I play it back at, say, 30 fps, I will have just over 3 secs of 'video'.

Bottom line: I think ML is telling me I can stop after 100, 200, 300 etc images.

Francis

Yes those are the all the values. Of course you can always just not set a shot-stop count and just let it go and stop it manually when it has reached the # of shots you want.

garry23

Francis

Thanks for confirming my understanding.

Garry

;)

zhujunsan

Quote from: garry23 on July 21, 2012, 07:25:28 PM
'zhujunsan'

Not sure I understand what you are saying. The min intervalometer increment is 100, thus I am interpreting this to mean ML will stop after 100 images and not one less. Thus, if I play it back at, say, 30 fps, I will have just over 3 secs of 'video'.

Bottom line: I think ML is telling me I can stop after 100, 200, 300 etc images.

Sorry for my poor english.

what I'm trying to say is, 'interval_stop_after' only stores number like 1, 2, 3, etc., and every time before it shows the number to you, the camera load the parameter and multiply 100. that's why the min increment is 100.