Where is A1ex?

Started by budafilms, August 17, 2015, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafilms

... or I have to buy a Black Magic 4k?

;)

nikfreak

He's been off for a while now. It's summertime!
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

KelvinK

Quote from: budafilms on August 17, 2015, 11:11:52 AM
... or I have to buy a Black Magic 4k?

;)

Well if we don't see 7DII ML, everything points now to A7SII which probably will AF with canon lenses now then original canon cameras :)
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

budafilms

Yes, Sony it's very interesting.
But I don't want to buy lenses again :)

I think - I'm not a dev - ONE frame in MLV RAW it's better than a frame in 4k from Sony. Only watching the colors in both cameras.

DeafEyeJedi

Just like every Summer...

Once that ends...

Good times...

Are ahead!

Plus his life is just as important as ours, if not more? [emoji2]

p.s. Let's not spoil the so called hype for them Sony users just yet. One frame at a time, is that right @budafilms? [emoji6]
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

LEVISDAVIS

I went down the GH4 route with internal 4K... Bought one. Then bought another. A year later, it really brought me back to the same question, "Why compressed 8-bit?" Plus, the price dropped significantly from $1700 new to about $1150 used. Would have had to pay an extra $100 to activate an 8-bit log profile too. Are the new Sony's just another gimmick and trap?

Money where my mouth is... I'm thinking about selling off one of my 2 BMCCs. Naturally, I'm looking back at the 5DIII MLV and the 50D RAW footage with the newly updated MLVrawviewer 1.4.3. Wow has MLV and RAW come a long way for me as an early 50D adopter in June of 2013! It's great to have a fresh eye and a hard drive filled with footage that actually gets better as the computer processing world evolves.

Anyway, Sony appears to be going down the same Panasonic / Canon path with the 8-bit readout from an amazing sensor that is somehow purposefully crippled due to the noise floor. For example, add a Shogun to the A7S and you've got a noise floor that's worse than the FS100. What camera came out first and what camera shoots decent 80,000 ISO?

Got to say that I'm quite confident that the hype is still quite prevalent... Hints the night for grading the 50D and 5DIII raw footage. Checks and balances, right? Seriously though, there's a lot of movement on the Magic Lantern camera platform vs. Sony, Panasonic, and Canon native cam platforms. It's quite wonderful.

Honestly, the tipping point for me is knowing that a 2008 Canon 50D DSLR camera can shoot 30fps at 1600x900 in DNG but that the feature wasn't unveiled until mid-2013. Seriously, how important is that particular piece of information?
Levi S. Davis

budafilms

@DeafEyeJedi

Yeah, A1ex is Bono for me.

@LEVISDAVIS

Totally agree. I shoot Full Length movies with 5D3! Until have an Arri Alexa and her lovely DNG's...