Tutorials for Beginners: Davinci Resolve 10 Lite

Started by vickersdc, December 30, 2013, 08:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

Great. Thank you. I had a problem with an update from 10.0 to the newest one.. All my colorcorrections are suddenly gone?
But i will definitely check the turorials out.. Greets sw

duey101

Thank you very much David, your tutorials are great, simple and easy to understand.  Great contribution!
Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 60D, EF 70-200L, EF 85mm, EF 50mm, EF 10-22mm.  Platform: Dual Boot Win 7 Ultimate x64/Mavericks Hackintosh, PPro CC, LR5.

kaco

Could anybody explain, how to import CinemaDNG sequence extracted from MLV with the WAV sound?
I extracted the CinemaDNG + WAV from MLV, but when I try to import into Resolve, the video and audio is being imported as two files.

Hoggie1888

Hi there,

This is great and you have my total respect for not charging people for your insights.

I wonder if you could help me.

I have to work with ARRIRAW I'm going to stick rec709 on and tweak a little then transcode for the edit (MXF)

Is there any advice on you could offer for doing this in terms of master prefs ext?

we are shooting 25fps and the rest of the shoot has been done on EPIC.

Thanks for any help you can offer and again for these tutorials

Hoggie1888

Apologies a google search brought me here just realised it's all Canon great vids still

haemma

Hello!

Thank you very much for your effort! I find the tutorials very use and helpful, great job. :)

slicKrox

Hy, David. You're my saver! Magic Lantern RAW brought me to Davinci Resolve and thanks to you I can adopt much fast ;)
PS: I also miss 6th. and other tutorials. Will you come back?

Johannes

Hey,

How is it possible to grade DNGs in AdobeCameraRAW (maybe andust the highlights and shadows)
and then go with this settings in Resolve 10 Lite?

glubber

I think there is no way doing that, since Resolve can't read the adjustments you made to the DNGs in ACR.

Either export the DNGs as tiff/jpeg or use the workflow described in the link below:
http://www.mixinglight.com/0010-R9-LightroomandResolve-DM.html

But remember you can't do better in ACR than you could in Resolve, as you are limited to the Resolve color adjustments possibilities.
F.e. adjusting shadows/ highlights in ACR is doing some kind of tonemapping and adding micro-contrasts to the image that can't be transferred with a LUT.
EOS 550D // Sigma 18-200 // Sigma 18-70 // Canon 10-18 STM

miccaliente

It still cant seem to find the DNG folders in the Library even after changing the config settings. only when I add the DNG folder directly to the directory. Is it because i am using a PC or am i just doing something wrong?

dyfid

Quote from: miccaliente on September 13, 2014, 06:53:28 AM
It still cant seem to find the DNG folders in the Library even after changing the config settings. only when I add the DNG folder directly to the directory. Is it because i am using a PC or am i just doing something wrong?

Answered on your other thread.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13282.msg128280#new

sggvideo