Bricked my 650D

Started by timboe, August 01, 2015, 12:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timboe

Ok, I admit it was my fault. I didn't read all the guide. I wanted to delete ML, so I formatted the card and removed the ML files from it.

Now, my 650D won't start. I've removed and reinstalled the battery, the card, and the lens. I've tried different batteries and different cards. The camera still will not respond when the switch is turned to on.

Is there anything I can try at this point?

jackmoro

Might be some other reason. I'm accidently formatting cards with bootflag removing, nothing happens to camera.

timboe

Good news, everyone!

It appears this was caused by bad batteries. I have three Photive brand batteries and one Canon battery. When the camera "bricked" I had a Photive battery in. It read fully charged. I replaced it with another supposedly fully-charged Photive battery. Still the camera wouldn't turn on.

Right before going to bed last night, I had a feeling it may be the battery, so I placed my Canon battery in my charger overnight. I inserted that battery this morning, and the camera turned on!   :)

Datadogie

Why delete ML when it's so useful.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.