exif and

Started by rednax, July 23, 2012, 01:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rednax

is possible add to exif data the quote to ML firmware?
for example: Camera Model: Canon EOS 550D with MagicLanter Version 2.3

sashk0

I support your request!
but in more advanced way:
to write several exif parameters from prepared *.txt file:
copyright, website, owner etc.
that would be great!

a1ex

I think the only way to get this is to save a script with exiftool commands.

Could be one script per picture, or a global script for everything on the card (not sure how it's better).

sashk0

I guess at least possibility to make a tiny exif-template for all pictures on card would be useful!

discocalculi

I'm also a bit interested in some kind of EXIF editing but only as long as it does not interfer with a lot of other features. On the Canon 5D Mark II I usually get a "50mm" lens when I'm running an unchipped lens. Changing lens might complicate stuff... Perhaps something like choosable templates (with several on the card) to choose from could work.

sfmurph

Being able to have photos' EXIF data be "right" for old, converted lenses would be really cool, both for chipped and unchipped conversions.

For unchipped lenses, it should be easy to detect that there's no info coming from the lens, because there'd be nothing there. In this basic case, it'd be nice to have the Aperture value be the value from the camera (set by the user in Aperture Priority or Manual mode), instead of just empty.

Next would be to have files on the card that would hold the values for the particular lenses that the user wants to choose from. Then expose those in the menu system somehow so the user could choose among a set of lenses to have the EXIF data be right for MaxAperture, FocalLength and whichever EXIF field has the name of the lens.

This should be smart and only do this manipulation when it detects a chipless lens (so there's nothing to do when using a regular Canon lens).

For chipped lenses, it would get a bit trickier, but it should be possible to do some sort of autodetection based on the results coming back from the adapter. Some mix of FocalLength Xmm and MaxAperture Y and lens name "1234" would mean use the Takumar 50mm f1/.4 preset (or whatever).

Being able to create or modify the presets from right on the camera would be a bonus.

Plus, with the original poster's idea of modifying the camera name would cause Magic Lantern to show up on Flikr and other sites, which would be pretty cool.

Is any of this even possible?

miyake

I'm researched this thing for my Samyan 14mm.
The Exif is variable length. So I guess, no-exif file has no field for adding exif data.
So I need clear space with file copy operation for adding exif data. It's need a lot of time for adding exif data.
This means more battery and time needed,,,,,