My Blog post about shooting with ML on a 5D Mark 3

Started by GFuterfas, December 26, 2014, 07:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GFuterfas

Hi, I just shot a short film in Magic Lantern RAW on a 5D Mark 3 and wanted to share my experiences working with it.  Here's my write-up:

http://gfuterfas.tumblr.com/post/106008740319/magic-lantern-raw-on-a-canon-5d-mark-iii

I welcome your comments.  We had a very successful shoot, especially for my first time out with Magic Lantern after some basic testing at home.  I was very nervous about using it on a real project, but things went quite smoothly and the dailies are all ready to go. There are certainly some limitations that will preclude me using ML RAW on a lot of professional shoots, but the image quality is far superior to shooting in-camera H264.

Thanks to all the contributors here that helped me figure out how to use the software and what to look out for.  Happy Holidays!
-Graham

Tao

Hi,

Digging up this thread since it is a very good tutorial for beginners and an interesting feedback.
5D Mark III w/ Sigma Art 50mm f/1.4 + Sigma Art 24mm f/1.4 + Canon L 70-200 f/4.0

carles.castillo

GFuterfas great blog. I an trying to film in raw (5d mark III) at more than 1920x1080 but I Can not. Do you know how can I Do it?
Thanks.