RAW Video on 7D is not being saved on card

Started by z4mm43l, July 24, 2015, 11:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z4mm43l

Hi there,
this is my first post and I apologize in advance if this have been discussed already. I googled it and I couldn't find anything helpful.
My problem is: I just got my new CF Card (Hoodman Steel 32GB UDMA7 1000x) and I installed ML to it, set it up in my Canon 7D and fired up the RAW module. I then set up the raw recording options to 1280x720 (just to try out).
After all that, I started recording for about a minute... everything went great but when I went to my PC to check out the footage, there was nothing into the card... I mean, like I havent recorded anything. I tried again with the default H246 video recording and it worked... but still cant see anything when i shoot on RAW.

Is there any setting im missing?
Please help.

Thank you very much!

Walter Schulz

Check free space before and after recording.

z4mm43l

I did and the space was the same before and after recording

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

You have some other device able to shot movie? Smartphone will do.
Record cam's screen showing settings (Module tab, video tab) and what happens while starting RAW recording. Upload it somewhere and link it here.

dmilligan

Were you using a card reader or the camera to download files to your computer? You have to use a card reader.

Free space does not change until you reboot the camera.

z4mm43l

Guys, problem solved: what i did was, restarted my pc, and used a card reader like dmilligan said... by using the camera itself plugged into my pc, i dont see any raw video (which is weird) but i do see the files when i use a card reader.
thank you guys for the help.
cheers!