FPS override feature on 500D

Started by mohanurs, July 23, 2015, 06:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohanurs

Tried out 1,2 and 3fps, exact frame on 500D, twilight sky.  Fairly good fast motion videos, but I am wondering still...

1. How to cut the overexposure on the LCD screen, it distorts the view, and I have to take the shot fingers crossed, until I reply it.
2. ML one liner in the bottom of the LCD screen says "This feature only works in Liveview", when I select FPS override function, but actually fps override works only in movie mode.  So that means, I cannot set manual levels of ISO, shutter speed and aperture while shooting in fps override mode ?
3. Using exact FPS, with fps override set to 3, in day light, I still get overexposure on screen while recording, as well as in the recorded video, is there some settings to be tweaked ??

Appreciate your response and help in advance.

Warm regards
Mohanurs

Rythmtech

Quote from: mohanurs on July 23, 2015, 06:04:28 AM
... with fps override set to 3, in day light, I still get overexposure on screen while recording, as well as in the recorded video, is there some settings to be tweaked ??

Hi mohanurs,
Did you ever work this out? I've recently been trying out FPS Overide and I'm having similar problems using a 650D.

Cheers,
Rythmtech
---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8
---------------------------------------------------------------------

a1ex

FPS override has to be reimplemented in a way that allows control over exposure time (it's done in models with NEW_FPS_METHOD defined).

I've tried to port this on 700D last year, but gave up, as it was different from anything I knew from other models. The method used in the crop_rec_4k branch could be helpful, but would require reimplementing the FPS override feature from scratch (probably not a bad thing).

Very old models are an entirely different story - Canon's LiveView code being extremely convoluted, compared to newer models (60D and newer).