Hangout Vacation Gelgaudiskis 2015 (Magic Lantern RAW 60fps)

Started by slicKrox, July 20, 2015, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicKrox

This summer as well I get opportunity to visit my friends back home in Lithuania. I got very nice memories from my previous visit last year and I was happy to visit them again at Gelgaudis, at south of Neman (Nemunas) River, Lithuania. Despite bad weather we spend a wonderful time. Got some shorts memories from there. Thank you for watching ;)

Little bit about technical site. First time I used only hacked software from my Canon 5D mark III, called Magic Lantern. All videos were captured at RAW (MLV files transfered to DNG) and time-lapses were done using Silent Pictures mode from Magic Lantern.

Also first time I used new transfer method.
1) MLV video files 
2) transfer to Cinema DNG 
3) Open with Davinci Resolve
4) change color settings decode using: clip and Color space: BMD film. (to get flat picture look)
5) Transfer to DNxHD 444
6) Import and Edit and color correction done with Adobe Premiere CC 2015 using new LUMETRI color correction update.

Summary: results are fabulous and saved me a lot of time. New adobe update: LUMETRI color correction is lifesaver.

Music by:
Jon Hopkins  - The River

Cheers ;)

DeafEyeJedi

@slicKrox:

Thanks for sharing your memories with friends especially in ML RAW... I love your 3x crop-mode shots and nice colors you came up with by just using Lumetri color corrector in PP. Nice!!!

Would you mind sharing which converter did you use to get them spitted out as CDNG's?

Also what were the settings you used for FRSP-TL?

*cheers*
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

slicKrox

Hy, thank you ;)  I also love extra ML functions, like: 3x crop mode + 100mm f2.8 macro, silent pictures, advanced intervalometer and many over extras... ML is the reason, which keep me with 5D.

Nothing specific. Tried many different methods, which I found here, but this is the easies one for me. Transfered MLV files to DNG with MLV Converter 1.9.2. Instead of doing color correction at Davinci Resolve, I exported video files with flat picture profile (decode using: clip and Color space: BMD film) to DNxHD 444. In new Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 with new LUMETRI color correction settings you have almost the same color correction slides like at Adobe Lightroom 5, which are very handy, and also you can use creative Looks (mine is Kodak 5218 Kodak 2383) and import LUT's. I put all my luts from Davinci Resolve to specific Premiere folder and most of them working, but some not.

DeafEyeJedi

Sounds good and how about FRSP for TL? Was it done in DNG or MLV? Which settings did you use? a-ETTR or no?

Please take good care of that precious 5D3 for as long as you can! [emoji108]
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109