Need advice: T5i or 70D

Started by m_vic_p, March 23, 2015, 06:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_vic_p

I need some advice. I'm new to both Canon and Magic Lantern. I recently bought the T5i and I was about to sell it and buy the 70D, but support for it has just gotten underway. Would it be better to keep the T5i and use the developed Magic Lantern or go ahead and get the 70D and wait for it to be fully supported? Any insight would be very appreciated.

Frank7D

I would think that depends on when you need to start using magic lantern. Any reason you can't wait until 70D is fully supported before swapping cams?
On the other hand, if you had a 70D you could maybe help test and facilitate its development.

m_vic_p

I thought about it and decided I would wait until the ML rollout for the 70D. I'm going to use the time to get familiar with ML and make the switch just like your suggestion. I would love to help, but I'm not familiar with either ML or Canon cameras at the moment, but I will definitely contribute in the future.

c4v3man

Just keep in mind the 70D is likely to only do video at significantly lower resolution than other higher-end cameras due to the slow SD-card interface. If you're looking for RAW video (anything over 720P), the 70D is probably not the best upgrade, but for stills, it seemed handy.

sarkarshomit

If u wait long enough then considering price point of view u may not get satisfactory resale value of the 700D, thats the reason why i sold off mine and am using the new 70D,  ofcourse i had to sacrifice with the ML support for the 700D, but will wait for the development of 70D ML version.