Canon 600D magic lantern noise problem

Started by classroom998, June 25, 2015, 05:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classroom998

Walter Schulz

Use same settings but in crop mode and compare results. If artifacts are absent you're dealing with moiré caused by line skipping. Search for VAF.

Frank7D

Also, with insufficient light you will have noise. Note that higher ISOs actually help reduce noise in low-light situations (assuming you are capturing as much light as you can and still are underexposed).

classroom998

Hey Walter,

Thanks for your advice but can you give me the settings for crop mode and what is line skipping by moire

classroom998

I shot this in crop mode . 5x. Iso 1600. Why are there so many artifacts ?? [img]http://s27.postimg.org/mqcj29

Walter Schulz

H.264 or RAW/MLV? Which settings?
You may upload some unprocessed files somewhere and link them here.

classroom998

Walter Schulz

classroom998

classroom998

I sent the sample raw file. Can check why does the footage have so many artifacts. And is dual ISO necessary

Walter Schulz

Sorry, this is RAW and doesn't contain any metadata. I have no idea which settings you used (I asked before). Either provide proper info or send MLV.

classroom998

Walter Schulz

classroom998

Hey Walter

Is there a way to download this module for 600D. I am usin magic lantern v2.3.

Walter Schulz

I'm surprised! RAW video is not implemented in v2.3 and you did it anyway.

classroom998

But is it safe if I get the nightly build. The thing that I worry about the nightly build is stability and battery consumption

Walter Schulz

DeafEyeJedi

Nightly builds are far more safer in terms of stabilization comparing to v2.3...

Just do it already, will ya?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

classroom998

Hey Walter,

Your suggestion works. Thank u so much.

I found out I was using tragic lantern for rae