ADOBE PREMIERE CC 2015 getting straight MLVFS ML dng!!!

Started by [email protected], June 17, 2015, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Hi

Today Adobe has released his Adobe Premiere 2015 - 15 June release. I have create a virtual drive with MLVFS from my MLV folder. Then I have import the first DNG of the clip into premiere. Premiere just gets the entire clip and not only that but I can play it in real time and with the new lumetri tools I can make a color correction in real time of my RAW material with my macbook pro from 2011. The footage maybe gets late from the audio a bit but if I put half resolition editing this gets fixed.

Incredible!!

Just test it. Before today I had to put ii in after effects and render like 1 hour to see a single shot and never in real time. That´s crazy!!

Enjoy!!

DANI

DeafEyeJedi

For real? That's definitely crazy...

Good to know and this pushes me closer towards to becoming a member of CC but their monthly fees are what have been holding me back.

Is it really worth the monthly $ payments?

Been using the good old AE & PP CC 12.1 and sometimes I wish I could do just what you did and have it all ready to export as ProRes4444XQ straight from AE!

Been using the Smart Import 2 workflow which works really well with Cinelog-C in AE within OCIO-plugin.

Thanks for sharing @daniel!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

[email protected]

They work a lot for giving you the best over and over. For me is really expensive but is my work so it worth it. I mean, I use as a daily basic Premiere, Media Encoder, Audition, After effects and Photoshop. From time to time adobe muse, acrobat cc, and always learning new tools like the new ones for iphone and ipad. They are always updating the apps, not like final cut that is kind of slow with updates.

I need that software for my work and Im not going to fight with piracy every year and cracks and shit. I need the last updates to be the best in my work. Of course if you are just playing or learning and not working, don't pay. Premiere now has new color correction lumetri tools and a useful library between apps, support for maginc lantern dng as I have seen, really nice and happy!!

reddeercity

Old News , MLVFS workflow works with Premiere Pro CC-2014 . As a matter of fact MLVFS's "virtual directory" works with All Apple & Adobe products to date.

Edit: Just playing around with Premiere Pro cc 2015, I'm not very impressed , really no difference between cc2014 & cc2015 .
You don't have workspace preset Like CS5.5, not a very User friendly interface and the Biggest Problem is, you No Longer have access to the Source Setting for Raw "Cdng's" but it work in CC 2014 thou ,make no sense adobe !!

DeafEyeJedi

That's what I thought... Thanks for clarifying that @reddeercity!

[emoji106]

reddeercity

@ DeafEyeJedi , If you're thinking of using Premiere Pro I would use the CC 2014 version, there seems to be a performance hit with cc2015 over cc2014 & as I said in my other post , for some reason
There is no access to the Raw Source Setting for the Cdng's like in cc2014(WB,Tint,Exposure) , it still there but Grayed Out & in cc 2015 I can not get realtime playback but in cc2014 there no problem.
Test laptop: i5 , 8GB ram with 240GB SSD.
I expected More from Adobe then that , Premiere Pro still has a long way to go before it catches up with FCPX .
I can't see myself ever using Premiere Pro cc2014 or cc2015 for any serious work .
Just my opinion thou, I'm still a FCPX fan-boy

Danne

QuoteThere is no access to the Raw Source Setting for the Cdng's like in cc2014(WB,Tint,Exposure)

Is this happening in the acr window in cc 2015?

DeafEyeJedi

@reddeercity:

I was just curious if it was a better routine to go with PP straight as oppose to using AE (having the luxury to use ACR is must for me) so far seems that FCPX gets the job done decently well and frankly it's quite fast especially with the exporting/rendering.

Agreed with your pointers esp with FCPX being ahead of PP but for some reason my heart still needs Adobe's love...

Took me years to completely get away from FCP7 fully before jumping onto the AE/PP wagon but still felt the need of Apple Products to go with OS X and boy the more I play with FCPX, the more I regret not getting on it sooner!!!

@Danne:

Curious on which CC do you normally use for AE/PP/PS/etc?

Danne

[email protected]

I think you can access this raw options but now they are in one of the monitors, clicking in the name of the file. I don´t know if I express good. I guess you mean all the things that appears in adobe camera raw when you open a file in aftereffects? Premiere 2014 does not import my dng before, I tested it.

workspace preset? You have them reorganized and Premiere is more focused on them. I think you have not play around a lot with the program.

For me it goes in real time in Premiere 2015.

Hug

reddeercity

6 months  ago I made a Short Video tutorial about the  MLVFS Workflow in Adobe Products
Quote from: [email protected] on June 17, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
Premiere 2014 does not import my dng before, I tested it.
Are You Sure You tried Cdng's & not Just DNG's ? There is a difference .
@ 12:46 mark I open up Premiere Pro cc 2014 and @ 13:30 I import Cdng's from MLVFS .

I guess you mean all the things that appears in adobe camera raw when you open a file in aftereffects?
No That's Not What I Mean.
@ 14:21-14:42 I adjust the Raw Setting of the Source Cdng Image.
I think you have not play around a lot with the program.
I have been using Premiere Pro, Off and On for over 6-Years now.
and if I could afford the subscription service from Autodesk I would be Singing the praises of Smoke for Mac.
Why do you think Adobe has a subscription service Now ? And Apple dose Not.
Think about it .

reddeercity

Quote from: Danne on June 17, 2015, 07:27:55 AM
Is this happening in the acr window in cc 2015?
No ACR window   , it's adobe weak attempt for basic raw adjustment for Cdng's 
see @ 14:21 of my video .

[email protected]

reddeercity I guess I did something wrong with PP 2014 but I can assure I tested it all and I was desperated. Thar´s why I was happy now. Anyway I'm not an expert in magic latern. By the way. Is there any way of testing the files we have shot after shooting in the camera (I have 5D mark 2). This is one of the reasons of not taking this software as a serious thing for a serious shooting,

Thanks

[email protected]

Why you have that pink in the whites in premiere? I think this is not right. Maybe because the 32 bits import in AE?