Back up point about ML & 5D Mark III

Started by eraizgn, June 16, 2015, 05:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eraizgn

Hello Everyone..

I have been read and watched lots of post and videos on here and youtube. First of all sending all my respects to Alex and every single member of developer TEAM, you are the BEST so far.

I am the VFX and editting guy but after all this, have decided to shoot my own RAW video that's why I have bought Canon 5D Mark III and bunch of Komputerbay 64GB 1066x CF cards. I am really good in theory after read all kinda of post in here but not in practice. Whenever I want to find out an answer of my questions, all post had been written about 1-2 years ago. So you know there are lots of builty and update comes out and gettin little bit confused while trying to find out an answer.

And I want you all to give me a back up point until I get my own settings of RAW video. Of course I will try to a new settings on ML but If I fucked up, I need to gettin back to first point that you told me. So could you help me out about this subject? Because I couldnt find any tutorial in 2015.

- What is the settings of having 1080p raw video. Cropmarks, res, override etc.
- What is the settigns of having 2k or 4k?
- What is the settings of having timelapse?
- I am trying to fix to audio issue with a external audio recorder.

And I need to install to camera just last built? What am I suppose to do while I decide to install.. Which firmware is cool? 1.1.3 or 1.2.3? If I downgrade or upgrade to firmware on camera, might be big problem for me?

As a final.. I love this community really I do so take care of yourself and have awesome, amazing shoots.
Cheers

Walter Schulz

Make yourself familiar with "config presets".
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8499.msg78568#msg78568

-1080p: 5D3 is the only cam doing this without that much tweaking. 1920 pixel horizontal is 5D3's liveview native resolution. Without line skipping but pixel binning.
- 2k and above: Crop mode
- Timelapse. Manipulate fps in video mode or use stills as in http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5705.0

eraizgn

Thanks @Walter Schulz
The preset things is tottaly new for me, but I will spent time in that link. I am sure about to gonna find to similir preset that I want to have..

So anyone could give me more basic info like that:
IMAGE QUALITY : RAW
AUTO LIGHTNING OPTIMIZER: OFF
LONG EXP NOISE REDUCTION : OFF
HIGH ISO SPEED : OFF
(its settings of canon menu) I mean..

GLOBAL DRAW : OFF (Loose histogram-zebra etc but, gonna gain speed)
FPS OVERRIDE : 24
RES : 1920*508
CROPMARKS: 2.35.1

for result: 1920x1080p 24fps raw video. like that

For 2K & 4K : you need to do resolution that and stretch or crop(zoom) etc
do it for timelapse etc.

Walter Schulz

eraizgn

Ahh sorry then, let me rephrase..

Many people in this community has experience than me. I have just read many post in there, I have a little experience about ML eventho do not install on my camera. After watched some example movies which recored with ML. I have just bought Canon 5D mark III and bunch of Komputerbay CF card 64GB 1066x.

And I just want you and another people to tell me what they are settings for 1080p - 2K - 4K and timelapse. I will use those settings untill gettin my own settings. If I do something wrong, I am gonna get back to that BACK-UP point. (Those settings)

I will use ML with 5D mark III on DJI Ronin without Monitor right now after that gonna buy Atamos Shogun or ninja blade.
I will fix the audio issue with external recorder.

What I suppose to do for install ML (-need to install JUST last build? - camera firmware is important in that matter - which settings do I need to ON in ML menu for 1080 - 2K - 4K - timelapse.

I just want to record RAW video 1080p 24-25 fps, sometimes slo-mo and 2K & 4K and timelapse.
And if anyone share with their settings, they will light me up till I am lost in ML menu :)

have fun and record awesome, amazing shoots
Cheers

DeafEyeJedi

You obviously haven't been reading the forums... Have you heard of Crop-mode?

Try that and report back...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109