Canon 600D / T3i

Started by Avenger 2.0, June 16, 2015, 10:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Read first post. And inside v2.3 "stable" ML zip is the most detailed installation instruction covering uninstallation, too.

mlnotuser

I just formated the card from my pc and there is nothing in the card and that is the reason why I don't know what to do. My dslr looks like its new.

Walter Schulz

You have to run installation to uninstall. Please take special attention to pic's bottom line and last few lines of first post.
You need ML v2.3 stable. No need to mess up with nightly builds.
If you insert a bootable card without ML files or an Eye-Fi card cam will get stuck at startup  ...
Want to bet? Just run EOScard/MacBoot to make card bootable, wipe all contents and try your luck. You will have to remove battery and card to proceed.

mlnotuser

I think is the same if the card is formatted from pc

mlnotuser

ok bro I understand I will install again and then I will unistall

mlnotuser

mlnotuser

I didn't run EOScard I just installed it like the first time and then I did like in the video

Walter Schulz

To verify deinstallation format your card in cardreader, use EOScard to make card bootable, wipe contents from disk and startup cam with card inserted.
- If cam get stuck: Cam's bootflag is there
- If cam starts up with Canon menu: All done. Format card in cardreader and you're clean.

gbk

Have anyone working on update for 600d?

spokesz

Will ML shoot video using STM on the 24mm pancake?

Walter Schulz

I think you're asking about the "smooth" AF introduced with STM technology. Nope, ML won't bring this feature to 600D/T3i.

PG

Two problems to solve:

- I just bought a new 64gig SD card.
Magic lantern don't load on it.
I have ML installed in a 16g card and it works fine. I copy the ML files to the new card , put it on the camera and nothing happen when I put camera ON.
Did somebody already try a 64g successfully here? (It will be useful for long video shoot)

-Other thing, when I update my 16g with the new nightbuild ML, it works but the screen flicker a bit and I can see "firmware" write very palely .

He's anyone can help me with that?
Thxs

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam, insert card into cardreader, copy nightly build contents to card. Run Canon firmware update.

PG

I already try all of these. Is there limitation for the card size?

Walter Schulz

No.
Which error do you have trying to run firmware update?

Or try this:
Run EOScard/MacBoot to make card bootable. Delete all content but do not format card. Copy extracted nightly build content to card. Startup.

PG

Well what I dont understand is wy is it working perfectly with my 16g card and not at all with my 64g.

When I try to install the firmware from the 64g card, I have a grey screen whith : " Update file cannot be found,Please check the memory card ..."

It's really wird. I did the exact same procedure with my other card and everything is fine.

Thank's guys for your answers anyway!

Walter Schulz

My wrong: Totally missed you're running 600D.
You cannot use card bigger than 32 GByte with Canon's update procedure. And you cannot make a card bootable using nightly build for 600D.
You have to use EOScard/MacBoot to make cards >32GB bootable. Wipe card's content after and copy extracted nightly build content to card.

PG

ok so card uper than 32 gig won't work on 600d. Is it working on 60D? (A friend of myne have one, I could trade )

Walter Schulz

Wrong. You cannot use Canon's firmware update procedure in 600D to enable cards > 32 GB . You have to use EOScard/MacBoot.

xmanoux

Hello,
The follow focus seems to be a wonderful tool ! But I can't use it with my 600D and the last night build : only a short part of the distance between the current focus point and the stored focus point is triggered when I press "play" , maybee is it a solvable problem ?

Walter Schulz

Lens used?
Focus -> Focus Settings -> Step Delay. Increase number. Results?

xmanoux

Tamron SP 17-50 F/2.8
Same thing with step delay 50ms and 100ms

Walter Schulz

Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical [IF]?

xmanoux

Walter Schulz

Works fine with 650D and Sigma 18-125 here. Unable to reproduce.