MLV glitches frames when 7D attached to HMDI Monitor

Started by sggvideo, June 15, 2015, 09:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sggvideo

I will be doing some tests later this week, but I figured I would start the thread to see if someone had an obvious answer.

The problem is the frame splitting horizontally during shots with lots of motion, be it camera or subject. I've been using MLV_REC without this problem for awhile, but for this shoot we had the camera plugged into an HDMI monitor so I'm thinking that's got to be what did it.

The set up was:
Canon 7D (magiclantern-Nightly.2015May03.7D203)
MLV_REC
23.976 fps
1728 x 972
HMDI Monitor - LILLIPUT 7" 339 IPS

I've been reading about this Global Draw option, not sure where to find it in the menu or if it was ON/OFF, could someone please explain what exactly that does!? THanks!

aace

I've had this same problem when using my Marshell monitor. To fix this issue I changed the HDMI out to force VGA output in the ML menu. I lost the HD output to my monitor but I was still able the use the monitor while recording flawless MLV files. Hope this helps: http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#force_hdmi-vga

sggvideo

aace - before I read your reply I fixed this issue by switching my HDMI monitor resolution to 480p... haha!! I think that's pretty much the same thing you did to fix it but with a different method!