EOS-M Time Lapse

Started by vertigopix, June 08, 2015, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigopix

EOS-M, Sigma 10-20mm 1:4-5.6 EX DC HSM (with Canon EF to M adapter), Wall plug  ;)

AETTR (allways ON) & Post-Deflcker (xmp) modules.
Slowest shutter 32", max ISO 1600, intervalometer 42"

dfort

Very nice indeed.

I took a timelapse workshop a couple of months ago and tried using Advanced Bracket to shoot HDR but must have done something wrong because as it got darker my exposure times got longer than my interval time.

Here's an external battery hardware hack you might find interesting should you run out of extension cords:

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg149196#msg149196

vertigopix

Thank you !

Quotemy exposure times got longer than my interval time
With AETTR you can set your max exposure time. My configuration with 2 sec. image review is to add 12 seconds to the intervalometer, eg : max. exp. 30 sec + 12 = 42 sec. intervals.

QuoteHere's an external battery hardware hack you might find interesting should you run out of extension cords:
Yeah, nice idea ! I've got my DIY portable power supply done with an 12V motorcycle battery and/or a regulator to feed 7.5v to the camera or a 5v USB adapter for other use (GoPro, smartphone charging). It's a bit heavy but you can do loooooooong timelapses ! And i've got another one done with a car (!!!) battery and an 12 vdc to 220 vac converter. (using it for continuous lighting with led panels) heavy but great !  8)

dfort

Thanks for the tip, haven't tried AETTR yet. So many settings for such a small camera!

Visited your site and facebook page. Excellent work.

vertigopix

Quotehaven't tried AETTR yet
You MUST give it a try !

QuoteVisited your site and facebook page. Excellent work.
Wow, thank you very much !   :)