MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbjones

Great app!  :)

However, I don't see GoPro Cineform as an export format option.

Is it possible or is there a plugin for it? 

I can get from .mlv->.raw->Cineform using mlv_dump and raw2gpcf (end up with .avi), but I need the Remove Focus Dots (chroma smoothing) feature to clear up pink/blue dots (I'm using a T5i).

Speaking of plugins, are they listed somewhere?

I used the installer from the 1st post which gives me 4 plugins (addnoise/lens_correct/reverse/TNR).

Thanks!

70MM13

Is there any chance you could add lagarith lossless export?

Thanks!

Savely

Please consider to change default output path to /desktop - default path with unexisting 3261 version folder is a bit confusing - it took a time to find out that I have to create it myself to find processed footage.

fortymileswest

Would like to see a native Mac port of this

barbona

Hello, im new in the forum. I get "runtime error 9. Subscript out of range" when opening the program with the last build.

AWPStar

Quote from: barbona on June 13, 2018, 10:42:10 PM
Hello, im new in the forum. I get "runtime error 9. Subscript out of range" when opening the program with the last build.
Send me log file pls.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

barbona

Quote from: AWPStar on June 14, 2018, 05:10:59 PM
Send me log file pls.

Thanks for the response. So im supposed to download the "mlvp.alpha.build3261" folder with various files and put the new mlvproducer exe there? Because i get this error when im opening the exe. i thought it was a standalone file.

reddeercity

@AWPStar , not sure if mlvproducer can export AVI files but i being using  "zoe-lossless-codec" https://github.com/edanvoye/zoe-lossless-codec
it supports 10 & 12bit   :D there are light files to work with , takes  little cpu power  to decode . I've been looking for a 12bit intermediate windows codec .
Is this something you could add ? it  open source from what i see .

ibrahim

What is the most stable version of MLV producer today for testing?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

reddeercity

Download on first post on page 1 mlvp.alpha.build3261 then to update to the latest version (3354) you need to download just the "MLVProducer.exe" update file from here then replace the old ".exe" with the new one , that's it.

ibrahim

Quote from: reddeercity on July 03, 2018, 05:51:30 AM
Download on first post on page 1 mlvp.alpha.build3261 then to update to the latest version (3354) you need to download just the "MLVProducer.exe" update file from here then replace the old ".exe" with the new one , that's it.

Thanks man.  :)
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

Dmytro_ua

Is there a way to preview my 60fps footage in slow mo (25 fps)?

Thanks
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

AWPStar

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on July 17, 2018, 12:15:05 PM
Is there a way to preview my 60fps footage in slow mo (25 fps)?

Thanks
Sure. you can set FrameRate at output tab.

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: AWPStar on July 17, 2018, 04:50:21 PM
Sure. you can set FrameRate at output tab.

Thanks! MLVProducer has smoother preview than MLV App. Does it use any GPU acceleration?

ArcziPL

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on July 17, 2018, 05:19:13 PM
Thanks! MLVProducer has smoother preview than MLV App. Does it use any GPU acceleration?
I've just checked it out: no, it does not. And indeed, the preview is faster than MLVApp. It offers real-time preview on my machine (25fps) whereas MLVApp achieves ~18fps on the same MLV. Need to have a closer look.
M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

masc

Quote from: ArcziPL on July 19, 2018, 12:15:08 PM
I've just checked it out: no, it does not. And indeed, the preview is faster than MLVApp. It offers real-time preview on my machine (25fps) whereas MLVApp achieves ~18fps on the same MLV. Need to have a closer look.
I think that depends on which debayer is used, and what other settings you activate or deactivate! On playback it looks like MLVProducer uses a fast and easy debayer - MLVApp uses bilinear as standard (a faster algorithm comes in next version). On export with the best debayer available the result may look different (on my machine 1.9fps (MLVProducer) vs 5fps (MLVApp)). But I am not sure if it is fair to compare the two algorithms, because they are different - all the realization and concept is completely different! ;) When doing nearly the same: chosing the fastest debayer + a LUT brings on both programs 5fps at playback for me.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: masc on July 19, 2018, 01:09:36 PM
But I am not sure if it is fair to compare the two algorithms

It's not fair, but there are two different cases:
1. If you need to see the best quality of your color correction - slow preview and the best algorithm.
2. But if you want to sort out 100500 of video clips and pick the good one, then you need 100% realtime preview even if it is with the worst algorithm and with lower resolution (as in Premier Pro etc. - 1/1 full resolution, 1/2 half resolution, 1/4 resolution).

The weakest part of MLV in Canon cameras - no possibility to preview footage in realtime. Few years ago MlRawViewer did this pretty good but now it is abandoned... ((

masc

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on July 19, 2018, 04:17:45 PM
Few years ago MlRawViewer did this pretty good but now it is abandoned... ((
...if you found a computer where it was working. I never had one until it was discontinued. :P The good thing at MLVProducer & MLVApp: they run on nearly every computer!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: masc on July 19, 2018, 04:39:36 PM
...if you found a computer where it was working. I never had one until it was discontinued. :P The good thing at MLVProducer & MLVApp: they run on nearly every computer!

Maybe you're right.
It worked smoothly on my desktop PC and laptop ASUS k56cb.
Actually it still works, but lacks the compatibility with a new MLV algorithms.

The lack of real time preview still is a big problem  :(

Rewind

Is it possible to make MLVP start in windowed mode instead of full screen (and remember window size and position) ?
rev. 3261

vincent pierre

Hi,

Just :  THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality of your work is amazing and thank you to share it !

Now, I use your smart and ergonomic software [v3354] in my workflow for : convert MLV to DNG and killing the fu**ing pink dot !
eos 700d - firmware 1.1.5 - experimental ML 1.1.5 with 10/12bits RAW
Now i can shoot at 1728x736@23,976 (2.35:1 ratio) in 10bit RAW.
(Before it was a nightmare : 1280 resolution / ratio 16:9 in 14bit raw only worked to kill pink dot)

So : BIG BIG BIG ENORMOUS THANKS !!!

Best regards from France
Vince
EOS 700D 115 | 50mm STM | 10-18mm STM | Tascam 60d ||| mlv-app | da-vinci-resolve

vincent pierre

Hi everyone,

Following my previous message, I have 2 newbies questions :
[ english is not my native langage, sorry for langage mistake ]
[ i read all the 43 pages before posting ]

A) I use Canon EOS 700D - ML 1.1.5 - MLV RAW - 1728 x 736 @23.976 10bits
B) My goal is to export my MLV to DNG the more "FLAT" possible. I use DAVINCI RESOLVE to edit the colorimetry. My hypothesis is that "more flat will be the video" "better for DaVinci Resolve it will be"
[ I hope, first, that this starting hypothesis is good ]

Question 1. When importing MLV files, MLVproducer automatically sets the exposure to +0.77 and Saturation to +100. I do not understand why ... Should I keep this parameter or should I change the settings to 0?  Is it an objective or an subjective choice/variable ? Do this parameter got an influence for DaVinciResolve ?

Question 2. When I import MLV files, MLVproducer automatically sets the "converting to color space" on AdobeRGB. I would like to know why. Is this a good choice for the canon eos 700d 10bit raw? Is it an objective or an subjective choice/variable ? Do this parameter got an influence for DaVinciResolve ?

Thank you in advance for your answers. Best regards from France.

EOS 700D 115 | 50mm STM | 10-18mm STM | Tascam 60d ||| mlv-app | da-vinci-resolve

AWPStar

Hi, thx!

Quote from: vincent pierre on August 31, 2018, 03:43:18 PM
My goal is to export my MLV to DNG the more "FLAT" possible

DNG contains raw data. so...
QuoteQuestion 1. When importing MLV files, MLVproducer automatically sets the exposure to +0.77 and Saturation to +100.
You can change exposure, but it will affect only on image settings.
You can disable this feature. Settings->Image->Match to DNG out

QuoteQuestion 2. When I import MLV files, MLVproducer automatically sets the "converting to color space" on AdobeRGB. I would like to know why. Is this a good choice for the canon eos 700d 10bit raw? Is it an objective or an subjective choice/variable ? Do this parameter got an influence for DaVinciResolve ?
Same. It doesn't matter for dng.
You can also change default color space. Settings->Image->Default Color Space

vincent pierre

Thanks you for your answer.

RAW and DNG are new for me and i have to learn more about it, technically. I will take time to understand more deep on the "non-destructive" concept of it. it's not clear in my mind ( raw, dng, LUT, colorspace translation for raw dng canon ml [ cinemaDNG, bmd film, BMD film to cinelog , cinelog to loc c, and final LUT export etc.... ]. I have a lot of noise on my black levels, i have to work on my exposure [ETTR etc... ]... In conclusion, i have a lot of work, test, etc... to understand and build a valid workflow to shoot with my eos 700d + davinci resolve.  ...and determine if it's a better way FOR ME compared to H264 way. (I have written a short film and i think shoot it next year.)

First step for me was to convert the RAW to DNG without "newbie" errors. ( and killing this pinks dots... ) - other softs don't worked well for me -

I am very happy to have found your software. I think I adopted it as the first phase of my workflow. I renew my thanks and congratulations for your high quality work and the time you took to answer my beginner's questions.

Best Regards
Vince

nollanelja

Great program. However, is it possible to get presets for this app?