MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GianlucaM83

Quote from: Doofii on December 04, 2017, 12:52:15 AM
As long as I open the software, double click then it shuts down immediately, and a window pops up: run-time error '5': invalid procedure call or argument

I had the same problem with update v3203.
In my case in the v3203 program folder I found only two files "MLVProducer.exe" and "log.txt". maybe because I only downloaded the update.
So....  I copied the file that was located in v3203 folder "MLVProducer.exe" in the folder of the previous version of the program (3200). run the .exe file from this position and the program works without any problems.  sincerely I do not know if it is the correct procedure but in my case it worked.

-sorry for my terrible English.

Bassman2003

Hello,

Please excuse my basic questions as I have not shot with my 5dMKIII for a while.  I have recently learned of MLVProducer and the workflow has me interested in learning more.  Here are some questions I have:

1)  Can MLVProducer output to an external monitor?  I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K and would like to grade on my external monitor.

2)  Can MLVProducer use DNG profiles?  I have DNG profiles that I use in Lightroom for stills and it would be great to apply to RAW video.

3)  Is it possible to output to an AVI format called Canopus HXQ?  This is for use in Grass Valley Edius the NLE.

4)  Can you edit the files straight from your card without any conversion?  This would be a great compared to the workflow of the past.

Thanks for the program and for your help!

AWPStar

Hello, Bassman2003!

1. No. But this is possible. I can implement this.
2. MLVProducer and Lightroom have difference in tools, so i dont thing this is possible.
3. Only if ffmpeg has its decoder. I will research this.
4. What do you mean, without any conversion? You cannot edit raw file and leave it raw.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Bassman2003

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.  Please disregard #4.  I watched a YouTube video last night and saw the workflow.

With regards to #2, what would be the best way achieve the same workflow?  Custom colors applied to the RAW video?  Create a custom LUT?

As a side note, have you thought about packaging up your program and selling it as a plugin to the major NLEs?  I am sure a lot of folks would like to be able to edit MLV directly inside of Premiere etc...

TechnoVirtuoso

Hi there, I've been using MLVProducer for over a year now without any issues but I've just started using Resolve to grade CDNGs and ran into a small issue. When I export my MLVs to CDNGs through MLVProducer I always tick "Remove Vertical Stripes" but when I import them into Resolve I'm seeing some strange patterns on certain clips. When I export the clips to .mov files the stripes are present in the exported files as well. I've included some examples from inside Resolve below.

Any advice on how to avoid this would be appreciated.

Shot on the 5D MIII with a Nightly Build from around July '17 (I have since installed the crop_rec_4K version so can't remember exactly which one).

banertop

Hi,

happy new year to everyone>))

is it possible to import mjpeg video file into mlv producer and export as prores?

tnx

reddeercity

@ AWPStar , I was playing around with Dual ISO Video from 5D2 again  :D and processed a short clip to "Balanced" .
I couldn't believe how good dual iso processing in mlvproducer is , when I try it back about a year ago I got bad results
but now on v2771 (yes I know there a new version 3200 , but I can't drag & drop or file associate it to mlv's just have to load thought the main menu)
Has very clean shadows (that what I was going for) but did have to adjust the black level from 1793 (that only in dual iso) to 1791, normally it's that in 14bit .
Very good job !! make's me what to do a project in dual iso (for the low light detail) as 5d2 is not the best (5d3 & 6D are far better) but with dual iso it now can
compete with those camera  8)

Quote from: Bassman2003 on December 13, 2017, 06:51:54 AM
1)  Can MLVProducer output to an external monitor?  I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K and would like to grade on my external monitor.

Quote from: AWPStar on December 13, 2017, 02:21:28 PM
1. No. But this is possible. I can implement this.
A big +1

I too would love to see this come true , that would make this the Prefect Raw processing app. hands down .
The biggest problem with grading is not having a proper color space when you are  viewing on the same monitor you are working on .
I use Blackmagic USB 3.0 Ultra Studio SDI box which uses the same video desktop software as the add in PCIe card
there's a SDK kit for windows Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.9.9.zip there a Examples.sln that open up in Microsoft Visual Basic 2015 ,
thou I'm kind of lost when I look at the code but I'm sure @AWPStar it would make sense to you .
It that link doesn't work here another one /Blackmagic_DeckLink_SDK_10.9.9 . I'm glad to help if I can in any why , Testing at least .

IDA_ML

Happy New Year, AWPStar and thank you for this amazing and very powerful software that you created!

Over the holidays, I finally found some time to test the latest v.3203 version of Producer and can confirm that it works very well.  My impression is that it is more stable than previous versions, regardless of the bit rate and file size used.  It works with 8...11, 12 and 14-bit losslessly compressed files too.  The Render Queue feature finally works without or with very little crashes.  The noise reduction feature that I often apply to clips shot at high ISO also provides pretty good results. 

The only thing I wish an improvement for are the colors.  Although greatly improved compared to older versions, the colors still are pretty dull and lack the vibrance and vividness of those obtained with Adobe Camera RAW.

Thank you again and keep up the good work!

banertop

One more question...

The Fast film Lut, in Filters section....is it possible to find that lut on the net, and use it in the Lumetri (Premiere pro), for exemple?

Thanks again

AWPStar

IDA_ML

Hello AWPStar,

How do we update your new custom maps in our 3203 version of MLV Producer?  Where are these available?  Do we just put them in the data/fpm directory?   Will they be recognized by the software with their new .ppm extension instead of the old .dat?

Will you provide a new build with the latest focus pixel maps included?

Thanks.

AWPStar

@IDA_ML
Hi!
This is for the new version. they were hardcoded in previous versions.
>Do we just put them in the data/fpm directory? Will they be recognized by the software with their new .ppm extension instead of the old .dat?
Yes. And also with fpm.

>Will you provide a new build with the latest focus pixel maps included?
Is there some updates?

IDA_ML

Yes, AWPStar,

There is a lot going on with focus pixels.  Please read here:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.425

You may also want to contact Dfort who created the latest focus pixel maps.  He might give you some helpful hints on which ones to implement into the latest version of Producer.  I can't wait to test!

AWPStar

Preview monitor

Associations/win Registry fix

@IDA_ML
Updated maps will be included.

timWB

Hi AWPStar - I've only just come across MLVP and have been reading through the development - amazed by the feature set, fantastic job altogether!

Just a quick question re: color spaces (thou this is probably applicable to other conversion apps too) - I understand each color space has its own unique curve and that some are similar in shape but as MLVP offers such a variety of output options are some color spaces more suited to the MLV RAW spec than others?

AWPStar

>more suited to the MLV RAW spec than others?
It depends on workflow.

IDA_ML

AWPStar,

It may be interesting for you to know that over the last few months, I have been using Producer v. 3203 all the time with my amateur video clips shot with Magic Lantern RAW.  My favorite way of usage is for quick preview of my footage right from the CF/SD card using a USB card reader.  This I can do also on my old laptop while traveling.  I simply connect the card to the PC, highlight all clips on it and drag and drop them onto the Producer icon on my desktop.  They open and line up very fast in the Queue, regardless of resolution, bit depth and compression - amazing!  By clicking on everyone of them, I can see it in full size on the Producer window, check focus and play it back to see if there are corrupt frames, etc.  In this way, I can decide which clips to delete and which ones to keep.  I can also perform basic adjustments to selected clips and export them in ProRes Fast 4444 - my favorite export option, for further processing in Resolve.  This format reduces file size significantly, opens and plays well in Resolve and stands serious color corrections and grading while preserving image quality.

All in all, excellent work, AWPStar!  I can't wait to test your new build!

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: IDA_ML on January 31, 2018, 09:51:33 PM
You may also want to contact Dfort who created the latest focus pixel maps.  He might give you some helpful hints on which ones to implement into the latest version of Producer.

Good call @IDA_ML!

Quote from: IDA_ML on February 09, 2018, 04:59:05 PM
...All in all, excellent work, AWPStar!  I can't wait to test your new build!

+1
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

AWPStar

Quote from: IDA_ML on February 09, 2018, 04:59:05 PMI can decide which clips to delete and which ones to keep.

You will be able to delete file from disk.
Hotkeys in MediaQueue
Shift+Del - delete file from disk
Del - remove from MediaQueue

AWPStar

Working on something new

Already done with warp transformation.
I am trying to increase speed and scanning quality.

Could be used in noise suppression, shake reduction, detail restoring and HDR.

AWPStar

New version. 3261

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mlvproducer/files/mlvp.alpha.build3261.zip/download

Quote### Added
-MLV/RAW Associations
-External Monitor
-Fast zoom. LMR+RMB
-New focus pixel maps

### Changed
-Loading window
-Scale mode saves now
-Default codec

### Improvements
-More accurate Auto white balance
-Fast 3dLut loading
-Optimized and multithreaded texture sharp filter.

### Fixed
-Tetrahedral interpolation overflow
-Many other fixes.

reddeercity

@AWPStar , Thanks for the cool update  ;)
Just started to test it  out , came across a small bug when the external monitor is active and you chance workspace the GUI display goes black but the external display still works .
To get it back I have to switch back to "Workspace" the GUI then comes back , enable the external display again all good then .

The other thing I notice (this may be the way it is ) if you play the file or just skim it , it only play in the external display not in the GUI , you have to disable
the external display to play file in the GUI/Workspace .
I on win7pro dual GPU's (GTX580's) the main display/GUI is connected to HDMI & my external display is on a DVI , both displays are at 1080 60p .

Thanks for the file association fix , it was a real pain before .

Not sure if you can implement this but it would be a good idea to have Test Pattern that in Legal Color Space e.g. HD/Rec709 (16-235) (could be a single frame) for the external monitor ,
reason for this to make sure the external monitor is accurate and in range . I know on my Asus ProArt 24" 1080p has a factory preset sRGB that can reproduce 98% of the color space , but it needed a small gamma tweak with my Datacolor colorimeter to be correct that I can trust to be in range when I'm grading . Nothing sucks more when you think you are in range then render out a h264 only to find out that the hi-light are blown out or the shadow are so crushed you kill detail & sharpness .
If you could have it displayed when you start the program and when you load mlv file  it toggles to the preview image from the GUI/Workspace.
Something like this below , If not it's just a Idea , there other workarounds but are very painful .

AWPStar

I just found out that ffmpeg does not work in windows xp.
If mlvp stuck at rendering, please use ffmpeg build for XP - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpegwindowsbi/files/2016-08-12-v3.1.2/

g3gg0

hi AWPStar,

one thing i noticed, you do not support compressed video files.

could you please honor the mlv_file_hdr_t.videoClass flags?
if the videoClass is exactly MLV_VIDEO_CLASS_RAW (0x01) then it is a normal uncompressed video.
for compressed or delta encoding, these flags are set:

#define MLV_VIDEO_CLASS_FLAG_LZMA    0x80
#define MLV_VIDEO_CLASS_FLAG_DELTA   0x40
#define MLV_VIDEO_CLASS_FLAG_LJ92    0x20

so you should be safe if you check the class for 0x01 and if it doesnt match, you can throw an error message.

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

AWPStar

Hi, g3gg0!

It does support lj92.
                Compression = mlv_MLVI.videoClass
                Select Case Compression
                Case 1
                    AddLog "Compression: RAW"
                Case 2
                    AddLog "Compression: YUV"
                Case 3
                    AddLog "Compression: JPEG"
                Case 4
                    AddLog "Compression: H264"
                Case 33
                    AddLog "Compression: lj92"
                Case &H80
                    AddLog "Compression: "
                End Select

-At least for MLV. Does raw_rec support lj92?
-0x20? I noticed that it is always 0x21

Quote#define MLV_VIDEO_CLASS_FLAG_LZMA    0x80
#define MLV_VIDEO_CLASS_FLAG_DELTA   0x40
Are these used somewhere?