MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

I still cannot find this problem.
It works perfectly on my main computer and laptop.
I couldn't even reproduce the problem.

Please send me your configuration(CPU, OS Version, Working Directory(and attributes)) and log-file. And how do you open MLV files.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

IDA_ML

Hello AWPStar,

I have prepared a .RAR archive with 4 MLV files that you can download from here:

https://we.tl/z3Vx12PszF

The files were shot on the 5DMkIII in the 10 and 14-bit losslessly compressed 3K crop mode at 3072x1920 resolution.  I put them in a New Folder on my desktop, highlighted them and dragged and dropped them onto the MLVProducer icon.  Producer starts and I can see all 4 files in the Render Queue.  I then clicked each one of them one by one to open them in the main window.  Now, when I push the playback button on each one of them, the following happens:

1) The 10-bit LL file plays fine
2) The 14-bit LL files get white after the first few frames

The same thing happens if I try to export them.

I am on a desktop PC with a Q6600 quad core Intel processor, 8 GB of RAM and the GTX 750 GPU.  The OS is Win7x64 Ultimate.  Since Producer did not crash, I don't have a log file.

The above link will be active for 7 days.  I keep my thumbs pressed that you can fix the above problem!  We all love Producer! Good luck!

AWPStar

@IDA_ML
Thanks! Now i see it!

AWPStar

Got it.
Indexing bug. But not in Code! Compiler option for optimization has ruined the code. OMG Really o_O?

bpv5P

Quote from: AWPStar on November 08, 2017, 10:55:23 PM
Got it.
Indexing bug. But not in Code! Compiler option for optimization has ruined the code. OMG Really o_O?

haha, funny. That's why we need more formal methods.

AWPStar

IDA_ML

AWPStar,

Thank you for your fast response but you should take your time to make sure, everything works fine before posting a new version.  I downloaded the v.3200 and the whitening issue seems to be gone at palyback and Render Queue export.  However:

1)  The grading tap is missing,
2)  The software does not respond to the Contrast, Blacks, Whites, Saturation, Vibrance, Shadows and Highlights controls, (clip does not change at all) . 

I did not have time to check everything but this is what does not seem to be working at first site.  So please fix these things and post your v.3200 again.

mario1000

Quote from: IDA_ML on November 09, 2017, 10:11:00 AM
AWPStar,

Thank you for your fast response but you should take your time to make sure, everything works fine before posting a new version.  I downloaded the v.3200 and the whitening issue seems to be gone at palyback and Render Queue export.  However:

1)  The grading tap is missing,
2)  The software does not respond to the Contrast, Blacks, Whites, Saturation, Vibrance, Shadows and Highlights controls, (clip does not change at all) . 

I did not have time to check everything but this is what does not seem to be working at first site.  So please fix these things and post your v.3200 again.

Hm, I just tried with some old MLV files and everthing seems to be ok

Doofii

run-time error '5':
invalid procedure call or argument

what happened?

IDA_ML

Here is some more feedback on the new v.3200 that I tested for several hours last night. 

1) I got rid of the problem #2 that I described in my post 981 above.  How? I found an old 14-bit MLV file from the 100D and opened it in Producer.  Now the controls started working again and the clip responded to each one of them.  Then I opened a losslessly compressed 8...11 bit file with sound and it responded fine to the controls.  Since then, no problems any more with all the MLV files that I tested.  Mario1000, thank you for the old MLV tip!

2) Playback and batch export from the Render Queue works fine.  I played a lot with it and never had a glitch.  That is a great relief!  Thank you so much AWPStar for fixing that. 

3) I also tried to use Producer with WinXP x32 bit and it works great, except for one thing.  The software hangs when Render Task or Render Queue is attempted.  The only way out of this situation is Ctrl+Alt+Del and stop from the Task manager.

mario1000

Quote from: IDA_ML on November 10, 2017, 02:41:15 PM

3) I miss the grading tool from v. 3171.  It saves a lot of time with fast basic adjustments.  AWPStar, if you could add that tool to the v. 3200, I should greatly appreciate that.

The grading tool is there: just open the menu "windows" and see the last entry "Grading"

IDA_ML

Thank you Mario, I missed that.  I used to look for it next to the Filters tab.  I edited my post above to avoid misleading other people. 

chger

Hello AWPStar,

first of all: thank you for this brilliant piece of software!
I tried out a couple of tools but yours is by far the most extensive one and been silently using it for quite some time.

While it works very well for me, I do have a feature request.
I'm using an online/offline workflow exporting the MLV to a DNxHD for offline editing and a cDNG-sequence for onlining later in color-grading.
The DNxHD MLVProducer renders using the "DNxHD 1080p" option is (please correct me if I'm wrong) DNxHD185X.
I then do a recompression of those files down to a DNxHD36 to make them smaller and easier to work with (roughly about one fifth of the size of 185X).
I have to take this step because I have to use external drives for the offline. So this in mind my feature request would be:

1) Implementation of commandline options for ffmpeg specifying exactly which codec and bitrate one wants to use.

or taking it a step further

2) Implementation of a ffmpeg GUI (is that even possible?).

or I guess the most simple solution of all

3) Implementation of output format options DNxHD36 and DNxHD120 (knowing both are 8 bit)

Thank you for considering :-)

Best regards,
Christian

AWPStar

@chger
This is possible. But ffmpeg can get stuck with wrong parameters, so mlvp too.
I'll figure out how to solve this problem.

@Doofii
Quoterun-time error '5':
Send me log-file after error appearance, please.

pewpow

Quote from: pewpow on September 08, 2017, 08:31:08 PM
Very nice app. However, whenever I load my MLV files in MLVProducer, the footage exposure goes down drastically. I have also opened it with MLRawViewer and the exposure there is the same as I shot. But when I edit it in MLVProducer, I have to crank up the exposure with 3.0 - 4.0 to get the same exposure as when I shot. I am aware of the different LOG functions it has. It's on default (AdobeRGB)

Edit: when I import the mlv (the image is still underexposed) and export as cdng. The cdng's look different than what I saw on MLVProducer, and it looks like how I exposed it in camera.

How can I solve this?

I would like to do the color correcting in an app - either MLVProducer or AE. My preference goes to MLVProducer as I won't have to convert the mlv's to cdng's. So hopefully my workflow will be :
Import into MLVProducer, color correct and export as Proress
Import the Proress into adobe PP, edit, grade, export

Anything? Still having this issue.

AWPStar

pewpow

Quote from: AWPStar on November 24, 2017, 07:28:50 PM
@pewpow
>Anything? Still having this issue.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15271.msg192932#msg192932

Yes, it's the same as with the older versions. The footage is incredibly dark when I import it.

AWPStar

@pewpow
Can you share some mlv/raw source?

Doofii

Quote from: AWPStar on November 13, 2017, 04:02:29 PM
@chger
This is possible. But ffmpeg can get stuck with wrong parameters, so mlvp too.
I'll figure out how to solve this problem.

@DoofiiSend me log-file after error appearance, please.
Error:
Method: LoadSettings
Line: 0
Number: 5
Description: Invalid procedure call or argument

Is this it?

AWPStar

3200 -> 3203
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mlvproducer/files/MLVProducer.3203.zip/download
Quote### Fixed
-Import video in queue bug
-RAW after imported video bug

lordwilli

Can you explain why the white balance become 6500 when i export it as CDNG and open it on Davinci Resolve?

i can't fix it! Help!

chger

I noticed the same behavior with Davinci. Filmlight Baselight does the readout correctly, as does Adobes Camera Raw. cDNGs converted with v3200.

Quote from: lordwilli on December 02, 2017, 06:26:11 PM
Can you explain why the white balance become 6500 when i export it as CDNG and open it on Davinci Resolve?

i can't fix it! Help!

Doofii

Error:
Method: LoadSettings
Error:
Method: main

3203 The problem remains unresolved...please help...

AWPStar

@Doofii
When this problem appears?

Doofii

Quote from: AWPStar on December 03, 2017, 06:58:12 PM
@Doofii
When this problem appears?
As long as I open the software, double click then it shuts down immediately, and a window pops up: run-time error '5': invalid procedure call or argument