MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

can_off
Thank you!
1. this will be more usable in new version.

2:
-Tell me your settings. (Menu, Settings->Performance->Threads)
-That filters and corrections do you use? Some of them should be multithreaded.
If you can, check filters one-by-one to get slower one.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

mvrck

AWPStar, thank you for developing this software! I've been playing with it for some time and I have a few questions and suggestions.

When I open an MLV file, the exposure is nothing like what I've seen on the camera screen (700D) - it's a few stops darker. However, If I export the video to Cinema DNG, without touching anything, the exposure of the dng files is correct. What could be the cause of this? Also, is it possible to make importing image sequences as video in MLVProducer?

I like exporting MLVs in image sequences, then correcting and grading one in Camera Raw/Lightroom, sync the settings with the others and then import into a video editor. The trouble is, the hot pixel removal and the false color reducing doesn't work when exporting the MLV as Cinema DNG image sequence, unless I then encode the sequence into a video format (in Premiere Pro), then import it back into MLVProducer, correct the false color and then re-encode again. That's a lot of steps where things can go wrong.

Another thing is the Cinema DNG files from MLVProducer aren't recognized in Photoshop or Premiere/After Effects as an image sequence. Probably something to do with missing metadata. If I convert the DNGs into JPGs, then the sequence is recognized. Can you suggest something to try and fix this?

Thanks! BTW, obviously I'm excited about the new version with compressed raw support. Keep up the good work!

pewpow

Very nice app. However, whenever I load my MLV files in MLVProducer, the footage exposure goes down drastically. I have also opened it with MLRawViewer and the exposure there is the same as I shot. But when I edit it in MLVProducer, I have to crank up the exposure with 3.0 - 4.0 to get the same exposure as when I shot. I am aware of the different LOG functions it has. It's on default (AdobeRGB)

Edit: when I import the mlv (the image is still underexposed) and export as cdng. The cdng's look different than what I saw on MLVProducer, and it looks like how I exposed it in camera.

How can I solve this?

I would like to do the color correcting in an app - either MLVProducer or AE. My preference goes to MLVProducer as I won't have to convert the mlv's to cdng's. So hopefully my workflow will be :
Import into MLVProducer, color correct and export as Proress
Import the Proress into adobe PP, edit, grade, export

helios650

Hi, this software is a beast! It saved me during short film shoot :) Only thing that could be improved is support for focus dots in 3x3 mode in eos m. I think combining 80000331 1808x727 preset with 80000346 1808x1190 should take care of all the dots because both profiles removes different part of them. It would be great if that is possible :D

banertop

best software ever for ml

thank you so much

keep on with good work

AWPStar

New Grading tool.
Luma vs Luma, Luma vs Contrast.

AWPStar

File format option

Plugins

IDA_ML

Great new functions and options, AWPStar !!!  Nevertheless, it may be better if you do not try to include too much new functionality into the next build.  Try to polish the existing functions, old and new ones, especially the colors, release a new build, let us test it and find possible bugs and together we will see what else makes sense and could be included.  You are doing fantastic work!  Keep going!

AWPStar

Preview version
sourceforge is lagging.
bmber.in/download/mlvp.alpha.build3151.PREVIEW.zip

changelog
## [version 3151] 27.09.2017
Preview/debug version

### Added
-Grading tool. Luma vs Luma\Contrast
-Plugin system
-LJ92 compressed raw support
-3D LUT CREATOR support
-DNG White balance
-3D LUT Tetrahedral interpolation. More accurate and faster.
-Custom and prebuilt Workspaces
-Export to MOV, AVI, MXF, MPEG
-Command line support for rqe-queues
-Drag and Drop support for: rqe, 3dl, cube

### Changed
-Settings stores in user folders and registry
-White Balance now applies before Color Space

### Improvement
-Optimized cache
-Optimized Proxy derbayering
-Slightly improved loading speed
-GUI Updated
-Multithreading for False Color filter

### Fixed
-3DLUT-file bug
-FPN with 10/12 bit files was bugged
-GUI fixes
-Video Import bug
-Black level and Exposure bug
-Tons of bugs

reddeercity

Great new's can't wait to test , thanks for making this amazing App even better .

mvrck

Quote from: AWPStar on September 27, 2017, 08:40:52 PM
Preview version
sourceforge is lagging.
bmber.in/download/mlvp.alpha.build3151.PREVIEW.zip

changelog

This is awesome! I'll do tests tomorrow and share my experience. Thanks again for your work!

IDA_ML

I have just opened a 3K MLV file shot at 3072x1728 resolution and successfully exported it into ProResFast4444 format in the same resolution.  Colors are greatly improved.  The ProRes file plays fine on the MPV Player.  All this I did on my 10 year old Core2duo laptop with 4 GB of RAM.

Fantastic job, AWPStar !!!  Thank you so much !  For me MLVProducer is a game changer.

reddeercity

OMG Kiss Adobe After Effects Goodbye !! :o
This this truly amazing @ AWPStar  , I never say this about anything and the term is so over used  but these is really a Game Changer for sure .
I love the new color tools & plugin filters (Lens Correction)

I also notice there no more CPU pacific builds (AMD & INTEL) one build cover all  :)
Plus and this is a BIG plus the image is no longer 1-2 stop darker in the preview , it looks the same as mlvfs , quick mount in file explorer or even adobe after effects cs6.

Look out ! Blackmagic Resolve ,  MLVProducer is taken over MLV Raw Video   ;D

ilia3101

Very interesting tool that Luma contrast tool. Is it local contrast? I wanna see how it looks :)

DeafEyeJedi

Sick stuff @AWPStar as usual. Love the new features. Just quite annoying with the mouse cursor disappearing every now and then as to be expected since this is alpha in preview, right?  :P

Also seems I have to click Windows > Workspace > Reset in order to see the entire app properly after each time I run. Will play around some more later.

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

noipego

yesss thx alot man, great work on this update!!

mesebar2

This is absolutely fantastic!!!!
Thank you so much, AWPStar!!!

mvrck

I can confirm the disappearing workspace panels issue, although it stopped happening when I changed some (unrelated) settings (Ctrl+S) and applied (saved) them. Also, the first couple of times I tried to render (export) a video, the program stopped responding. I found out it was because it was looking for the default 'output' folder in the main directory, but since it wasn't there, it just froze. I created an 'output' folder and that fixed the issue. Of course, pointing out to a different existing folder would also work.

Otherwise everything works.

banertop

o man....this is amazing...i was waiting for that so long...

thank you very, very, much......

best ml tool

reddeercity

Stop by my local camera shop today to check for deals , I'm looking for a great deal on a  used 5d3 but all there had was new 5D3 on sale for $2999.99 (canadian) , not bad since used one go for $2500.00 used . So I notice there had a 5D Mark IV with a fully charged battery (had my CF Cards with me  :D ) so I ask to test it out , there agreed and I made two quick files . So I thought this would be good to testing out the "import video" feature -- had a crash  when I started to color correct & grade it lockup and quit . I could scrub the time ok , when I started to grade it lost it .
The video file metadata below
General
Complete name                            : D:\5DMarkIV_4K24p\1Q4A9825.MOV
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : QuickTime
Codec ID                                 : qt 
File size                                : 1 002 MiB
Duration                                 : 15s 917ms
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 528 Mbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2017-09-25 01:39:50
Tagged date                              : UTC 2017-09-25 01:39:50
com.apple.quicktime.make                 : Canon
com.apple.quicktime.model                : Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : JPEG
Codec ID                                 : jpeg
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 526 Mbps
Width                                    : 4 096 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 1.896
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 24.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:2
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 2.479
Stream size                              : 999 MiB (100%)
Language                                 : English
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.601

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : PCM
Format settings, Endianness              : Little
Format settings, Sign                    : Signed
Codec ID                                 : sowt
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 536 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 2.91 MiB (0%)

Other
ID                                       : 3
Type                                     : Time code
Format                                   : QuickTime TC
Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:17:07
Time code, striped                       : Yes
Bit rate mode                            : CBR

Here is the Log file

QuoteMLVProducer alpha: build 3151
Threads: 4
command line:
cmdparsing...
cmd:'""'
files:2
import video: "D:\5DMarkIV_4K24p\1Q4A9825.MOV"
files:2
D:\5DMarkIV_4K24p\1Q4A9825.MOV
D:\5DMarkIV_4K24p\1Q4A9825.MOV
opening...
init buffer
init cache frame:4096x2160 fc=382  c=1073741824
init frame:4096x2160
init frame DONE
clear black level, load cslut
parsing complete
Here the file I used to test it's 1GB if you want download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNY4d4Aa7KuM1daWV9FUXdpdnM/view?usp=sharing

I'm on Win7 Pro  , AMD FX8350 (8 core) 8 GB Ram dual GTX580 GPU's , I had the 4k file on my 8TB raid0 drive
and mlvproducer is on the OS SSD drive.

Thobias

Exported audio is desynchronized. It begins in a middle, then in middle of timeline start from begginig and ends in middle. If I count during recording 123456789 it exports like 678912345. Recorded on 70D with ML 2017Aug21.70D112 Any suggestion how fix it?
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit

IDA_ML

I played for several hours with v.3151 last night and must say, I love it!   It does with MLV-files what Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) does with RAW photos and even more. I tested it with MLV-rec and RAW-rec video files from the 100D.  I still cannot get the same color vividness that I get with single DNGs from the same clip in ACR but it's probably me.  It requires quite a bit of training to get the look that you want.  In that respect, the new grading tools are extremely helpful.  On the other hand, Producer is powerful, efficient, full of very useful features, highly automated and portable - ideal for travel and vacation when most people, including me, shoot their amateur videos but cannot carry a powerful, heavy and bulky workstation with them to edit and archive their videos. Producer will do the job even on a small and lightweight laptop without beefy processor, video card and tons of RAM.

Most of all I like the noise reduction feature.  I didn't test it much and on very noisy files but my impression is that it does a hell of a job reducing monochromatic noise but preserving fine detail.  Congratulations, AWPStar !

Here are two bugs that I would like to report on for now:
---------------------------------------------------------------
1) V. 3151 is not very stable.  It opens all MLV-formats (14, 12, 10 bit and losslessly compressed) almost instantly, regardless of video resolution but adjustments are quite laggy, especially when several files are imported in the Que and synchronizing settings from one file to the others is attempted.  During export, the software hangs in the middle or even the beginning of a file and stops responding. The project is gone.  The only way to stop it is via the Task Manager.  After that the software gets damaged and would no longer start even after computer restart.  It needs deleting all files in the Producer directory, extracting the fresh files from the zip archive and starting all over again.  I tested it on two different computers and in both cases I observed this behavior.  With regard to stability, the old v.2722 works much better.

2) As reported above, sound export does not work properly.   It maybe works well with MPEG2 export, although I did not check for synchronization between video and sound.  But with ProResFast and ProRes422 export, audio stops much earlier than video in the exported file.
----------------------------------------------------------

When I notice more bugs, I will write again.

DeafEyeJedi

@AWPStar -- This post may be worth of your interests in order to try and fine-tune your algorithm for Dual-ISO files especially coming from 14/12-bit Lossless.

It includes several sample files for you to try out when you have time. Thanks!

Quote from: IDA_ML on September 29, 2017, 04:07:45 PM
...During export, the software hangs in the middle or even the beginning of a file and stops responding. The project is gone.

I also notice this similar behavior on my MBP running OS X 10.13 via under Wine.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

IDA_ML

After playing several more hours with v.3151 I found a way to improve stability for a while.  After clean extraction of the zip file to a separate directory I started Producer, opened a MLV file and exported it into the ProResFast4444 format.  This allowed me to get v.3151 working as stable as v.2722 for a while.  Adjustments worked fine and Copy/Paste settings from one file to the others on the Que page worked OK too.  Later I tried exporting to the MPEG4 format and the instability described above came back again.

Obviously, stability needs improvement but this ProResFast4444 trick might help playing with the software and testing its features that really are amazing!

Happy testing!

IDA_ML

Another bug:
=========

"Render Queue" does not work.  It just creates a proxy folder with some kind of corrupt proxies and sound files inside but the actual ProResFast444 files are missing in the Output folder after export.  This function used to work fine with v.2722.

"Render Task" renders fine for both ProResFast444 and ProRes422 files.