MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpv5P

I'm not the developer, but maybe I can help you:

Quote from: keepersdungeon on August 14, 2017, 08:35:46 AM
1- any idea why?

What is your settings for H.264 export?

2- which would u recommend most using ProRes or the dngs? I just read above about the cinemadng having one file instead of a folder with whole bunch of dng files.

Color grade in dng will take no effect, unless you export to a non-raw format.
For CinemaDNG, other tools are better, such as MLVFS.

And 3- if I export to ProRes the sharpness made with MLVProducer won't be applied right?

It will, because ProRes is not a RAW format. It won't be applied if you do it in a RAW format (DNG / CDNG).

Prokopios

One of the best programs I've seen. Great stuff.
      I was wondering if anyone else has this "problem". When you preview the MLV files in the viewer it looks nothing like the DNG or CDNG files that are exported. Any other file that is exported eg. ApProRes, DNxHD, even tiff sequence  is 99% of what you preview in MLVProducer. In the viewer you get a really cinematic picture but the export looks nothing like the picture in the viewer. Here are 3 snapshots if you don't mind taking a look.
I am using the latest version on win 10, Dell Precision  T7610, Intel Xeon CPU 3.4GHz 8 cores.

keepersdungeon

hello thanks for your reply @bpv5P
Quote from: bpv5P on August 15, 2017, 01:02:24 AM
What is your settings for H.264 export?
I tried H.264 4:2:2 and also tried H.264 RGB and both did not open in resolve. was able to play them both in an external player but no in resolve.

Quote from: bpv5P on August 15, 2017, 01:02:24 AM
It will, because ProRes is not a RAW format. It won't be applied if you do it in a RAW format (DNG / CDNG).
Hmm Coz I tried same editing with H.264 4:2:2 and with ProRes 4:4:4 and the H264 was sharper that's why I asked

Andy600

Quote from: Prokopios on August 15, 2017, 07:54:42 PM
One of the best programs I've seen. Great stuff.
      I was wondering if anyone else has this "problem". When you preview the MLV files in the viewer it looks nothing like the DNG or CDNG files that are exported. Any other file that is exported eg. ApProRes, DNxHD, even tiff sequence  is 99% of what you preview in MLVProducer. In the viewer you get a really cinematic picture but the export looks nothing like the picture in the viewer. Here are 3 snapshots if you don't mind taking a look.
I am using the latest version on win 10, Dell Precision  T7610, Intel Xeon CPU 3.4GHz 8 cores.

Because MLV Producer is not color managed and leaves it up to you to apply tone mapping and basic primary color corrections.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Prokopios

Sorry Andy600 don't understand. I mean after I have applied color correction, any DNG or CDNG sequences that I output looks nothing like what I have done. I also experienced this in MLRawViewer.
Also if you use MLVFS and mount the MLV's the DNG already look like they have had contrast and saturation applied to them.
If I output another type of file eg. ProRes the color correction that I apply are what was seen in the viewer.

Kharak

C/DNG are RAW outputs, that is why no colour correction or anything else applies, only Fix pattern noise smd vertical stripe fix in MLVproducer affect the CinemaDNG output. CC only applies to compressed formats like h264, dnxhd, prores etc.
once you go raw you never go back

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Prokopios on August 17, 2017, 08:38:31 AM
Sorry Andy600 don't understand. I mean after I have applied color correction, any DNG or CDNG sequences that I output looks nothing like what I have done. I also experienced this in MLRawViewer.
Also if you use MLVFS and mount the MLV's the DNG already look like they have had contrast and saturation applied to them.
If I output another type of file eg. ProRes the color correction that I apply are what was seen in the viewer.
DNG and CDNG files are raw format. No color grading or filters will be applied. You can use it and then color grade in another software like resolve or any other

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wyrlyn

I tried it with lossness jpeg files, but seems to be the program not support it yet.

AWPStar

probably i could use decompression from mlcfs project.
https://github.com/davidmilligan/MLVFS/blob/master/mlvfs/lj92.h
But I need to understand structure of the header.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

ilia3101

You don't need to understand any header structures, here's roughly how I implemented decompression in MLV App (in C)...

I used Martin Herring's modified lj92 version with support for multiple planes: https://github.com/martinhering/liblj92 -  Not sure if the one in MLVFS is identical

It's pretty simple to use. You need a uint16_t array which it will output to, and a uint8_t pointer to the raw data you read from the mlv file (in this example it's called RAWFrame):
    uint16_t * decoded_frame = (uint16_t *)malloc(width * height * sizeof(uint16_t));

lj92 decoder_object;
    lj92_open(&decoder_object, RAWFrame, raw_data_size, &width, &height, &bitdepth, &components);
    lj92_decode(decoder_object, decoded_frame, 1, 0, NULL, 0);
    lj92_close(decoder_object);

jacquaviva

Hi everyone, hoping i am not interrupting anything serious here, but i have an issue here.

The FPN removal from MLVProducer seems to be a powerful tool but i'm shooting with a Blackmagic in DNG sequences. I can't find a way to import those in MLVProducer.
Tried to convert to RAW MLV but without any success.

If you have something in mind, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

AWPStar

> You need a uint16_t array which it will output to
Why int16? It converts from 14 to 16 bit?

ilia3101

Yes, it converts to 16 bit, but the value range is 0-16384, so it's still only a 14 bit range.

EDIT: also, variable components was 1 and bitdepth 14

IDA_ML

Is there a place where I can download the latest version of MLV Producer with the new features?  On page 1 I can download only version Alpha 2722.

IDA_ML

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I am on Win7x64.

AWPStar

@jacquaviva
Send me dng sample, i will check its format.

IDA_ML

AWPStar,

MLVProducer is absolutely amazing!  Thank you so much for it.  I am using it all the time for my hobby ML projects when I travel because it does a hell of a job with my 10-year old laptop (Core2Duo, 4GB of RAM) which is small and lightweight and suitable for travel.  I especially love the preset automation, batch processing and the ProResFast 444 feature which I also use for archiving my clips after applying basic adjustments to them.  I still struggle with obtaining this punchy vibrance, contrast and colors that I get from ACR in Lightroom but your statement that this issue has been fixed with your latest development makes me very eager to check it out.

Будь здоров и огромное спасибо!

AWPStar

Good news!
New version will support lj92 compressed raw.
But i need to rework some code.

Please send me couple of MLV-files with lj92 compression(new crop mode).

@Ilia3101
Why we need multiple planes?
I just trying to optimaize the code.
Do we need this stuff?
Quoteu16* hufflut[LJ92_MAX_COMPONENTS];
    int huffbits[LJ92_MAX_COMPONENTS];

ilia3101

I don't know really how it all works, but here's the original post from Martin Herring: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=19300.msg182502#msg182502
.. something about components (what i meant by 'planes')

AWPStar

@IDA_ML
2722 is the latest version.
I hope i will release the new version in a week.

IDA_ML

This is great news, AWPStar!  Keep up the good work!

mesebar2

Quote from: AWPStar on August 26, 2017, 01:02:43 AM
Good news!
New version will support lj92 compressed raw.
But i need to rework some code.

Please send me couple of MLV-files with lj92 compression(new crop mode).

This is fantastic news, AWPStar! I can't wait to try it!!!

ludzik3d

Dear AWPStar, could you add AVI output in some high quality codec or uncompressed? 
It woud really help with my workflow with Virtualdub and Avisynth. Avisynth unfortunelly doesn't read any output video from MLV Producer and it must be reencode.

AWPStar

@ludzik3d
You can use QuickTime plugin for VirtualDub to open mov-files.
I can add format settings, but nor for all codecs.

can_off

AWPStar, you're doing a great job! Your software is the best so far imo, but there's always some room for improvement)
1. I lack scrolling in GroupView and especially in Media queue (( It's necessary to have mouse scrolling and keyboard arrows to switch between footages as their amount may be more than dedicated window can accomodate at once.
2. I'm not an expert, but there's somewhat weird about utilizing CPU when rendering in different ways. I'v got a Xeon e5-2658v3 CPU, which codes "passthru" picture into ProRes 4444 Fast pretty good (Raw from 50D  10-20 fps), and all 12 cores work at near full speed, 24 threads are loaded. But when i do some adjustments and add several filters to the raw footage, the rendering speed falls drastically to 4-6 FPS, CPU clock is about 60% while CPU cores are mostly rest. Is there any hope for optimization here?

Thank you!