MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

Im still trying to find out why this is happening.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Serj

Hi, in the latest version of MLVP when I resize video on output, it saves camera-recorded size. For example I record MLV video on my EOS M in 1728x434 (2,39:1 and stretch by 1,62x). In MLVP I try to resize my footage to 2048x858 (scale 3x5 and output resolution 2048x858). But in final file after render size is 1728x434. Thanks)

AWPStar

@Serj
That was a bug.) Thx!

Serj

Waiting for next version, you are genious, program is awersome!)

66dellwood

Love the software, thanks much.

Shooting ML raw video on a Canon 5d2.   Convert my MLV files to CDNG which I import into DaVinci Resolve.  When I shoot ML with audio, I select the audio setting in MLVProducer.  For some reason, I am getting 2 copies of each audio (wav) file when I convert. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

JeDaiL

I love this app too, really quick at rendering and converting my files and I had better success so far than with other converters such as raw2cdng on pc.
But is there or would be a way to add the metadata of the camera to the cdng's, such as lens, wb and setting used? That would be great.

Also, any other settings than black levels can be applied before converting to cdngs?

Thank again for the good work!

cheers

Jerome

AWPStar

@66dellwood
Should be just one. I we review this part of the code.

@JeDaiL
Actually mlvp writes this information. except WB.

QuoteAlso, any other settings than black levels can be applied before converting to cdngs?
FPN, dual-iso, focus dots, hot pixels, vertical stripes, exposure(as white level).

ps
on this week i should be more or less free from my job, so i'll try to fix some problems and i'll release new version.

AWPStar

New version 2679
mlvp.alpha.build2679.INTEL.zip
mlvp.alpha.build2679.AMD.zip

Quote-fixed: Posterization in 3DLUT filter
-fixed: Output resizing
-fixed: Dual-ISO cdng export
-fixed: Dual-ISO frame analysis
-added: old patterns(focus pixels) for .RAW
-added: loading speed measurement

DeafEyeJedi

Here's a quick test with your latest MLVP.alpha.build2679 (Thanks for the update!) with a Dual-ISO footage shot from SL1/100D in ISO 100/800 while running Wine (Wineskin-2.6.2) on OS X Sierra 10.12.1 and here are the results...

https://vimeo.com/189903016

Notice the flickering in Final Output (at end of clip) which reminds me of how it looks as if I were to fiddle with the highlights sliders and whatnot. Is this due to the early stages of Dual-ISO algorithm that you supposedly came up with (do you have the source code for this particular feature) if you don't mind me asking?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

AWPStar

Thank you for testing!
"My" dual-iso still has many problems. Yes, this is my early algorithm. Just prototype.
I can share source but i won't (for now). Now it looks like garbage. No formatting, no comments, etc.

Danne

It,s cool it,s realtime. Is exporting dualiso to cdng files also realtime?

AWPStar

Well, it's not. 2.6 fps.

DeafEyeJedi

Well 2.6 is still pretty good for rendering speeds. Especially for Dual-ISO. What's even more remarkable is the fact that I can actually see the final results in literally realtime during playback.

Let alone play with logs and fiddle with the sliders is just so much fun. I have a lot of faith with your work. Please keep it up and hopefully once you share the sources which can help other dev's to make use of your stuff.

However, I came across something odd when trying to export as cDNG's and nothing spits out in the output folder -- is this normal or am I looking at the wrong destination? How do I go about for this?

Anyone else still having trouble finding their way into the main disk (I have two SSD's in my MBP) and it seems rather difficult to find them and when I click on Z: C: or D: drives it just shows blank and I don't even know if they are actually my drives?

GutterPump

Just did some tests with dual iso on the 5D mk III.

I did not find any bigs problems, it work well.

Just saw some strange colored artifacts in the top border of image.
Not a real problem, i can resize (arround 10 pixels) a bit my footage and it's gone.

Thanks you for these news upgrades @AWPStar !

Work with dual iso footage is become more easy now.

skrk

Damn, every time I come across a new thread on this forum there is another incredible piece of Magic Lantern software! You folks are out of control.

I am offering a humble donation. I hope everyone is donating to this amazing project!

A few things:

- the download links on the first post are reversed re: INTEL vs. AMD

- I tried running MLVP in a windows XP VM (I'm on Linux usually) -- the file dialog that opens MLV files can access network drives, but the file dialog that sets the output folder can not. (In this case the 'Network Drive' is actually the mapped share drive for my VM).

- when running in the VM, it would hang when I tried to render the output. I'm sure this is low on the list of bugs, but just wanted to mention it in case it was useful. (I can also use my normal Win 8.1 install and that works fine.)

- I tried running it in Wine in Linux; first I did "winetricks vb6run", then I did:
  wine "z:\path\to\mlvproducer\MLVProducer.exe"
  ...but when i try to set the output directory, it crashes. Also the "include audio' and related radio buttons aren't present in that window. (Just reporting all this in case it's interesting.) This is the error on the crash:

err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80004002
err:ole:create_server class {172bddf8-ceea-11d1-8b05-00600806d9b6} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {172bddf8-ceea-11d1-8b05-00600806d9b6} could be created for context 0x15

- I had some trouble with hot pixel removal, but I'll keep reading up on the forum here and see if I can figure it out

- 16bit TIFF export would be cool?

Thanks for the great software!

100D -- ML v1.0.1

AWPStar

@skrk
Thank you!

Quotebut when i try to set the output directory, it crashes
That happens on MaxOS via Wine.
Your crash report is very useful. Now i know why this is happening.
i'll install ubuntu and try to figure out how to fix this.

QuoteAlso the "include audio' and related radio buttons aren't present in that window.
You can scroll down all tabs. Or resize window.

QuoteI had some trouble with hot pixel removal, but I'll keep reading up on the forum here and see if I can figure it out
What do you open? MLV or RAW?

Quote16bit TIFF export would be cool?
Actually all tiffs that presented in exports list are 16 bit.

skrk

Quotei'll install ubuntu and try to figure out how to fix this.

Wow, thanks! Let me know if I can provide any other info.

I should also say that it says "Run-time error '445': Object doesn't support this action" when I try to set the folder.

And, darn: I just ran it again via wine, and played around, but never tried to set the output folder (so there was no crash), and the exact same three lines came on stdout, so I think those log lines are not in fact related to the folder setting crash (directly, anyway)... let me know if there's a debug mode or something I can run it with.

One way to trigger the three log lines is to open the settings dialog; I have definitely seen it without opening the settings, though, but I can't find a way now besides the settings menu...

I also saw another wine error line apparently indicating that I need to install the winbind package on my system, so I did that as well. (Only mentioning for any others who are running via wine in linux.)

QuoteYou can scroll down all tabs. Or resize window.

Sorry, this was just because the output file type did not involve dithering, etc. Please ignore.

QuoteI had some trouble with hot pixel removal, but I'll keep reading up on the forum here and see if I can figure it out

What do you open? MLV or RAW?

It was an MLV. I zoomed in on a couple hot pixels with the "+" activated, and the box would turn green, and I would click, but nothing would happen. Then I rendered and the hot pixels were still present. There is a good chance that I'm doing something wrong, because I'm not even sure how it's supposed to work, which is why I think I should probably read a little more first... :-)

QuoteActually all tiffs that presented in exports list are 16 bit.

Ah, great, thanks.
100D -- ML v1.0.1

skrk

Hello --

So, I'm learning a bit more about FPN. Here's my current issue -- FPN works great. Focus-pixel removal works great. But they seem to combine strangely?

I found this because I'm doing some custom video effect stuff that requires low-noise images because it does a lot of addition of frames, so if there is noise present it adds up and becomes visible. I noticed that a series of still raw images from the camera work fine, but I've been trying to use MLV video as an alternative route, and it doesn't work (yet!).

If I build a FPN profile and enable it, the noise drops significantly. But if Focus-pixel removal is also enabled, it also causes a bunch of red hot pixels to be created. I then enable the hot pixel removal, and that removes the hot pixels but it seems to add a bit of gray noise as well, as shown at the end of the gif below. (When I say "hot" here, I don't mean truly hot, just hot when I sum a lot of frames.)

Is this normal/expected, or is it some kind of error in the order of operations being done?

For example, it seems like the FPN also includes the focus pixels, so if I'm using both perhaps there is a math error when the FPN subtracts focus pixels that were already removed, which in turn causes the hot red pixels?

Here is an animated gif that shows the effect. I'm making the issue visible by turning up the gamma correction. Perhaps increasing the gamma is ruining the value of my experiment, but I do see the same scenario when I run them through my process (hot red pixels when I use FPN and use remove-focus-pixels but don't remove hot pixels), so I'm reasonably suspicious that it's related?

I suppose I could use MLVP to remove the focus pixels, and then do my own dark frame subtraction in processing (BTW -- it'd be great if there was a way to export the computed FPN frame -- if it didn't include the focus pixel removal also, that is.)

Thanks for looking at it! And let me know if I'm misunderstanding anything, or if a demo MLV would be useful.

100D -- ML v1.0.1

skrk

QuoteI suppose I could use MLVP to remove the focus pixels, and then do my own dark frame subtraction in processing

...update on the above: I have done this and it works well: I do focus-pixel removal in MLVP, but no other processing. Then I have custom code that computes an average dark frame and subtracts it during my post-processing, and it works very well. So perhaps that indicates that something could be changed in MLVP in terms of how the FPN is applied?
100D -- ML v1.0.1

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: skrk on November 10, 2016, 09:10:51 PM
...Then I have custom code that computes an average dark frame and subtracts it during my post-processing, and it works very well. So perhaps that indicates that something could be changed in MLVP in terms of how the FPN is applied?

Interesting ... could you eleborate more on this? What exactly does your code do during post-processing? If you don't mind me asking if you could share with us -- that would be awesome and thanks for sharing @skrk!

skrk

QuoteInteresting ... could you eleborate more on this? What exactly does your code do during post-processing? If you don't mind me asking if you could share with us -- that would be awesome and thanks for sharing @skrk!

Thanks for asking -- I'd normally be eager to share but in the short term I'll have to keep quiet about it. It's nothing that would impress serious coders/visual FX people, but i'm working on a project with it and would like to do that first. :-) The dark frame part of it is dead simple (just a straight average) and probably no different than MLVP, except that it works after the focus pixel removal on the frames cleaned up by MLVP... something that is important in my workflow but probably unimportant for most use cases. Short version: probably nothing useful to anyone, but I'll share when I can. :-)
100D -- ML v1.0.1

AWPStar

Can you send me mlv sample and dark frame(\data\fpn\*.fpn)?

skrk

Sure!

Here is the MLV (213MB): http://lacinato.com/pub/M11-1826.MLV  update: smaller .zip version (126MB): http://lacinato.com/pub/mlv.zip
Here is the .fpn: http://lacinato.com/pub/demonoise.fpn

I made the fpn from the last few seconds of the video (during which I covered the lens with a card).

In MLVP, if I set the output space to sRGB and gamma correction to 0.52, I note that:

- enabling only focus dot removal removes focus dots
- enabling only FPN removes focus dots and removes some noise
- enabling focus dot removal and FPN removal removes focus dots, removes some noise, and adds some hot pixels
- enabling focus dot removal and FPN removal and enabling "remove hot pixels" removes focus dots, removes some FPN noise, removes the hot pixels, and adds some noise

This was taken with a 100D (Rebel SL1) and the kit 18-35 lens in a dark-ish room at f3.5 and ISO 100.

Thanks! Let me know if I can provide anything else.
100D -- ML v1.0.1

AWPStar

skrk

Yeah, brilliant! Works perfectly now, thanks!
100D -- ML v1.0.1