MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario1000

Dear AWStar,

excellent prgress as ususal. Thanks a lot!  But one thing I would like to ask you. When I try try to export Dual Iso Pictures as TIF file it works like a charm. Exporting the pictures as Cinema DNG files leeds to non processed files, i.e. the lines are not blended together. Will you fix it or is this not possible in CDNG files?
Thanks in advance

AWPStar

@mario1000
Thx! Yes, i will fix that.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Ottoga

@awpstar

Thanks for your continued efforts in developing this program. An issue that I have identified with the HotFix version of mlvp.alpha.build2643.INTEL is:

• mpeg export doesn't appear to work. It generates a MOV file that can't be played by any of my installed media players. VLC media player reports that the codec is not suported. VLC could not decode the format "m2v1" (No description for this codec). I guess that I was expecting the output to be an .mpg or .mpeg video format file Maybe my expectation is incorrect here. In any case as I have stated I can't play the generated media file with anything, including Quicktime.

I did have some confusion re: the SnapShot function re: how to clear/close it again but I figured it out. Not sure what its purpose is though as, apart from being able to stretch it to full screen I can't see that anything else can be done with it. Can you enlighten me on its purpose please.

Will try it out some more over the next few days and provide any relevant feedback.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

vadimlavr

Hello everyone. I have mac os and that is the problem for me to convert Raw to DNG. My DSLR canon 700d always left focus and hot dots and i need to remove it. I have installed MLVproducer through wineskin and it works. The problem is, i can't find rendered files in folder. Can you help me to manage it? Thanks in advance)

66dellwood

Your Settings for CDNG Conversion?

Love this product.  I use exclusively to convert my MLV files from my 5d2 to CinemaDNG for editing/grading in Resolve.  Am curious what MLVP settings make most sense for this purpose.

Since MLVP is converting to another raw format, I assume many of the image adjustments simply do NOT affect the CDNG image that is rendered.  Correct?

I use the Hot Pixel fix but nothing else.

Specifically, I understand that only Hot Pixel, Vertical Stripes, exposure and black level are the settings that will affect the rendered CDNG image.

AWPStar

@66dellwood
Thanks!

These should applies to dng:
-Black level
-Exposure(as white level)
-Focus dots
-Hot pixels
-Vertical stripes
-Fixed pattern noise
-Dual-ISO(but not now)

hyalinejim

Hi AWPStar, in another thread I was asking about dark frame subtraction:

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.msg171293#msg171293

However, although I can use MLVProducer to generate the fixed noise pattern, and although it looks correct in the preview window, when I export to DNG the results are not consistent with what I see in the preview window. In the example DNGs you uploaded in the linked post, I took them in to ACR and applied +5 exposure to see what's happening in the shadows and in fact the FPN reduced version just seems to have a slightly different exposure and hue.

FPN

no_FPN

(These are JPEGs from ACR)

whyfy

@awpstar

In version build2643 INTEL where are the noise reduction settings in general for normal raw videos NOT dual-iso stuff?

whyfy

Also as you can see in this picture, when I select any LUT with LOG or CLogC I get horrible bands going across areas of highlights and shadows :'(

http://j75i.imgup.net/Screenshotde72.png

This problem has never occurred in the previous builds.

.....REC 709 with no LUT does not have this problem at all, it only occurs with flat profiles.

AWPStar

Hi, whyfy!

I removed noise removal options. they have a poor result.
i have to rework 3DLUT Filter. It's some kind of interpolation bug.

Thx!

tweak

I take it there's no program for Mac users then?  :(

Danne

It works quite good on a mac.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15271.msg151402#msg151402

HAvn,t tested this for a while and wonder if someone can share some info on the quality of dual iso to prores files? Comparisons to cr2hdr maybe.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on September 02, 2016, 09:48:41 PM
HAvn,t tested this for a while and wonder if someone can share some info on the quality of dual iso to prores files? Comparisons to cr2hdr maybe.

Excellent reminder. I've thought about this too. Gonna take a dive with the latest from MLVP and report back re: Dual-ISO comparisons (also I noticed @AWPStar also added new features for HDR video so will check that out as well) and Thanks for the wake-up call @Danne!  :D
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Brawl

Hi AWPStar your work is very interesting. I'm experimenting the reduce false color filter in my workflow, may be possible to add the reduce false color filter to cinema dng please?

AWPStar

Hi, Brawl!

Not it is not, sorry.
It applies to RGB picture after debayering.
cdng contains raw data.

66dellwood

AWPStar:  setting question.  If I bring ten MLV files into MLVP for conversion to CDNG, what mode or setting do I need so that my output/CDNG and hotpixel fix apply to all ten files?   Am trying to avoid manually making those setting to all ten.

AWPStar

You can set one file and then copy/paste this settings in queue window.

66dellwood

thanks.   what are the global and group settings for?

AWPStar

@66dellwood
You can merge files in groups and apply filters by editing one clip.
In global mode you can apply filters to all files in queue.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Hi AWPStar

I notice MLVP is struggling with large files.
I have a 59GB .MLV file when I import it in MLVP it is really slow. MLVP only using 9% CPU and 0.1MBS read on SSD (read from windows task manager)
Hardware is not an issue. i7-4771 16 GB RAM MLV files are on 1TB Samsung SSD rougly 450 MB/S read/write
Anything I can do to make this faster? I'm in kinda a hurry

Thanks

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
Sorry, i cannot offer you a solution without testing.
How long it takes to open that file?

i only have 50D with fat32.

brucem3

Thanks for the continued support, AWPStar.  Any chance of supporting the dual ISO video module  for 5D2?

AWPStar

@brucem3

it has dual iso support. But for now quality is poor.

natan069

Hi  :)

I´m having problem converting files bigger than one minute, has to to with 4gb file split?
I use 50D, how to avoid problems with that?

I try to convert using mlvproducer, but the encoded file doesnt work past, say.. 1:18 minutes (bugs or freezes video).

mlvrawviewer can convert the entire video, and the file playback is ok.
50D + 600D

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar
Opening the 59GB file took about 30 minutes. To put it into comparisson 100 clips total of 59GB only take about a minute