MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canneloni

Is there a way to implement the focus pixel map for the 100D ? I feel like i am losing a lot of the sharpness when i use the full frame filter.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

AWPStar

I am sorry guys, but now i have too much work. :( I will continue development little bit later.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

Deadcode

Maybe someone else noticed earlier in this thread but i get different colors from MLVProducer than MLVRawViewer. I would really use producer but the colors are dull and missing some red's from the image. Yes i tried "calibrated color" tried all of the log profiles, saturation boost, correct exposure, but there is some problem with the colormanagement.

The RawViewer gives me the colors i want but it has less options and its slower

What am i doing wrong?

(5D2 both raw_rec and mlv gives me the same results)

mario1000

Dear AWPStar,

I read that you are quiet busy at the moment but would it be possible to get a kind of "pre-lease" in order to play with your latest dual iso implementation because it looks very promising?

BR

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Hi AWPStar,

I have found a solution on why Resolve was crashing with MLVP CDNG and Premiere not opening them.

First, The default frame rate goes to 23.973 not 23.976. Resolve and Premiere can't handle 23.973 frame rate.
Second I switched to TPDM (the second last one in the list) now it plays back just fine both in Resolve and Premiere. The last debayer option (it says best) makes resolve crash and Premiere won't open.

Also I've gone back to an older version (2183 INTEL) because the newer version is crashing all the time.
These are the settings I use and work fine in Resolve and Premiere: Reconstruct, TPDM, AdobeRGB, Remove focus dots, CinemaDNG, Include Audio, File name (does not end with a number)

One last note: MLVP does not seem to remember my preferences when I restart the software, can you fix this?

Thanks,

-Nelson

jankrueck

just stopping by to tell you: good work sir! keep it up!

Cheers, Jan

ps: saving settings would be nice ;)

AWPStar

Dual-ISO is almost done. 8)  works almost perfect, but still there's a lot of things to do.

sgofferj

Had a quick look and test... Awesome program! Just a little issue... I have a 4k display and increased the Windows font scaling a bit and MLVP doesn't seem to cope with that too well. The top bar is halved... :D
18+ years Linux user, wolf-fan, hobby photographer and -filmmaker
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

AWPStar

@sgofferj
I did some windows scaling support, but it was a long time ago. i need to rework it.
Can you make screenshot how it looks?

dualISO test
Low ISO Frame
Processed

I will implement three algorithms:
1. Resolution priority
2. Noise reduction priority
3. Balanced.

Performance
AMD Phenom II 555
1856x1044
Works pretty fast.
without any optimisations, using 1 thread - 3.7 FPS.

DeafEyeJedi

Excellent progress @AWPStar. Take all the time you need to hone this into perfection especially for Dual-ISO.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

anDyIII

Crash log here:

MLVProducer alpha: build 2241

settings:
Verstion:0
First:0
greencorr:1
debayer:9
cslut:AdobeRGB
cspath:C:\MLVProducer\data\cs\AdobeRGB.cslut
author:noname
cr:noname
codec:1
awb:0
uff:0
upd:C:\MLVProducer\output
ld:C:\MLVProducer\data\luts
eld:
cache:1073741824
mem:2147352576
memavb:2039808000
prevewmode:0
scalemode:0
threads:6
lq:0
dsm:1
system timer:59129,95
Threads: 6
command line:

cmdparsing...
cmd:'""'
files:2

-------------------------------------

I'm working on Windows 10 x64
MLVProducer crashed after I dragged it from one screen to another and it disappeared.
5D Mark III
www.facebook.com/groups/magiclanternitalia/
www.andreacasanova.eu

sgofferj

Quote from: AWPStar on May 20, 2016, 11:19:08 PM
@sgofferj
I did some windows scaling support, but it was a long time ago. i need to rework it.
Can you make screenshot how it looks?

Here's the screenshot: http://home.gofferje.net/stuff/mlvp4k.png
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

Ottoga

@anDyIII

Have you tried the most current build, mlvp.alpha.build2253........ 

You can get it from here:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/mlvproducer/files/
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

sgofferj

Is it already possible to apply an export/conversion profile to all clips in a queue? Yesterday I had to go through 28 clips to set the profile :D. Some "apply this preset to all clips in queue"-button would be awesome :).
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

AWPStar

@sgofferj
For now, you can use Copy/Paste option in queue. But it's good idea. Thx!  :)

All tutorials

Anurania

Hi AWPStar

Here is a 700D video with movie crop:

http://storage.bservice.org/700Dcrop.MLV

"Pattern Crop (700D)" only removes the focus dots in the middle of the frame. Several rows of dots remain at the top and bottom of the frame.

kgv5

@AWPStar
What do you think about implementing losslessly compressed DNGs support which comes from SlimRaw app?
I (and I think many other people) started using slimraw some time ago and i think its great, copying and lossesly compressing 2:1 takes almost the same time as just copying. So after the process we have folders with DNGs, ACR and resolve have no problem with reading these and it seems they do it with the same speed as normal DNGs. I will provide you with some samples when i get back home. Cheers
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

Hi, Anurania!
Thank you. I will try to make a new pattern.

@kgv5
Sounds delicious. I think it is a great idea!
i'll dig more information.

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

sgofferj

I noticed that DaVinci Resolve doesn't recognize the sound file belonging to the sequence when exporting to cDNG which results in sound having to be linked manually. When using MLVFS, that works. It's probably just a matter of correct naming of the sound file. I also noticed that the sound is exported twice, once in the sequence subfolder and once in the parent folder.
EOS 6D, EOS 7D

andyveale

This Program is AWWWWESOME!!!! Can anyone tell me how I can find the latest version as it appears I'm using one of the early ones.
Cheers, Andrew

AWPStar

small update :)
mlvp.alpha.build2258.AMD.zip
mlvp.alpha.build2258.INTEL.zip

(I don't know why, but mlvCrashHandler detects like Malware. Code is so simple...)

GutterPump

Thanks @AWPStar, your software is clearly useful.

How work the dual iso converter ? Is it available in the new update ?

AWPStar

@GutterPump
Yes. But it is test version. You cannot process dng with it.