MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

For me personally, I never have anything Auto-Update as sometimes newer version fuck up with older projects and make incompatibility.

Also on a more personal note I don't like any program auto-update for me as I want to be in control of what is going on and if I need it.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it

But definitely would be nice with a Pop-up saying there is a new version available with Release Notes on new features and bug fixes, and as always I like it when it is told exactly what kind of bug fixes.. Nothing is as depressing as reading release notes from an update and it just says "Bug fixes"..

once you go raw you never go back

Walter Schulz

I'm with Kharak on this one.

AWPStar

Probably you r right. At least i can notify user about new versions.
So in this case user should manually download files, and extract them. I just want to make it more user-friendly.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

AWPStar

build 2253
mlvp.alpha.build2253.INTEL.zip
mlvp.alpha.build2253.AMD.zip

New presets system.
fix of 3DLut
fixed output folder bug
and some crashes...

P.s. Two hours later I'll sit on a train. And i'm going to arrange to myself the Sochi 2016. So i will be unavailable about two weeks.

mothaibaphoto

Good Luck ! Say hello to mr. Putin :)

Ottoga

@AWPStar

build 2253

New presets system       -  Nicely done.
fix of 3DLut                   -  Yep they work again
fixed output folder bug   -  can't say that I experienced this
and some crashes...       -  Anything that improves stability has got to be good.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

Afrotherian

Is anyone having a problem exporting Cinema_DNG files at 23.976 FPS? It comes out as 23.98 for me. A look at clip properties in Premier confirms this. If I insert it into a timeline set to 23.976 FPS it loses frames. I tried setting it manually at 23.972 just as an experiment and it comes out at 23.97 instead.  I'm not really sure how to resolve this.

mohanohi

Hi,
I think MLVProducer is discarding timecode track of MLV files. Every file I convert starts from 00:00:00:00 timecode. Timecode is essential track to match back originals.

Using 2214 Alpha INTEL version.
DOP, Editor, DIT, PL 5D, Ultra primes, Kowa lens

Ottoga

@mohanohi

Maybe try a naming convention like MLVname_InFrameNR_OutFrameNR eg: M08-1422_150_249. This will easily let you reference back to your original.

@AWPStar, maybe an option to append these to the file name at render time?
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

reddeercity

@AWPStar there dual ISO video module  for 5D2 can you add support to your great tool?
I have 5d2 and I made same samples , would you like them in cdng or a short .mlv file

brucem3

^^^ +1, would love to see 5D2 dual ISO video support!  I can also provide samples if you'd like.  Thanks!

AWPStar

I'm getting closer to DualISO

samples
Original
Processed

reddeercity

Need Progress , here a dual ISO MLV from my 5D2 that you can use or what ever to need to do for support on your tool.
Or if that file is too big to download 700MB then  here is a Cdng unprocess dual ISO frame

AWPStar

@reddeercity
Thank you!

reddeercity

Your Welcome  , If those don't work out or you need different dual ISO range samples let know .
I had problems with the MLV file 200/1600 as cr2hdr would not convert all frames but mlvfs could .
So you may have issue's with it  , the Cdng is 100/800 was ok with all converters .

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Hi AWPStar

I'm currently using build mlvp.alpha.build2253.INTEL on windows 10
My antivirus is flagging MLVProducer as an virus (trojan) could you fix this? I'm using avira antivirus.

Also when I exort to cinemaDNG in this build i cannot play them in Premiere pro, it says unsupported. But it used to work in older versions (of MLVP)
In Davinci Resolve 12 when I try to open CDNG from MLVP it crashes. It also used to work in Resolve (11 and 12)
I have found a solution but it is a lot of work:
I simply import the CDNG from MLVP into Adobe camera raw converter (ACR) and convert them, then it plays just fine in resolve and premiere. But it is a ton of work, can you fix this or do you know how to automate this process, of replacing the MLVP-CDNGs with DNG from ACR.

Thanks

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
Hi!

QuoteMy antivirus is flagging MLVProducer as an virus (trojan) could you fix this? I'm using avira antivirus.
Not sure why this is happening. i'll try to figure it out.

It should work. What version of Premiere do you use? Can you send couple of frames(cDNG)?

kgv5

Quote from: NelsonSigmundoFilms on April 06, 2016, 02:20:03 PM
My antivirus is flagging MLVProducer as an virus (trojan) could you fix this? I'm using avira antivirus.

Mine too, I am using avast and it is blocking MLVProducer every time.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

Virustotal: MLVProducer Clean

Virustotal: mlvpCrashHandler.exe false detection
CrashHandler source
I don't know how fight against crappy antiviruses)

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms

I will try to figure out what goes wrong.

nikfreak

Anyone testing this with files produced by "MLV Lite"?
@AWPStar: Do you have any plans to support "Nvidia CUDA" for accelerating your software?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Ottoga

@nifreak
QuoteAnyone testing this with files produced by "MLV Lite"?

They open fine for me (normal mlv_lite, no dual_iso)

AWPStar

@nikfreak
Probably OpenCL

Thrandurin

I get this error when i try to open the lastest build of MLV Producer, any ideas?

Error:
Method: main
Line: 10
Number: 53
Description: File not found

Anurania

I've been trying out MLVP the past couple of days and I'm very impressed with the workflow.

I have encountered an issue. I'm using 700D footage with movie crop enabled. I select 'remove focus dots' and choose the pattern 'Pattern Crop (700D)'. Most of the focus dots disappear but a few rows of dots remain at the top of the frame and a few at the bottom of the frame. The frame size is 1280x720. Build 2253.