MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

@Ottoga
Quotethe selected LUT does not get applied
Thx!
QuoteAny chance of making the scrollbar for the scrollable tools a bit thicker/wider.
I'll see what i can do)
QuoteMaybe this is something that can be disabled.
I can make something like gui freezing option.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

axelcine

@AWPStar - In the middle of all those people making suggestions and offering advice and requesting additional features, please do never forget, that you have already given us a tremendous tool and the means to create astoundingly good video. The work you're doing is right up there, in line with the ML concept: Perfectionism, adaptability and useability. We must take our hats off and acknowledge the good work, you're doing. We know, that this fine tool is only going to become better and more efficient - and I thank you.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

arrinkiiii

feureau

Quote from: AWPStar on January 14, 2016, 08:28:38 PM
@feureau
Does it crashes the application?
It appears because file is opened.

Yeah it crashed. It happened when rendering the queue.

Btw, it seems if I paste a setting to a video twice, it becomes purple-ish. Can anyone confirm?

And some MLVs just froze/crash the app. I can't seem to put my finger on as to why... I can't convert them using MLVP. Although, on one MLV, I found that it froze on the second frame. Cutting out that frame from rendering, allows it to render properly. Perhaps add an option to skip broken frame?

ibrahim

I've tried to open .MLV filmed with both 600d and 5d3 in both versions 2127 and 2164. In both builds the program crashes. Any idea why this is?
The footage is 5 seconds long and is a dual iso+ETTR footage.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

AWPStar

Please, send me "Log.txt" after error apears.

AWPStar

There were some problems with debayering.(false colors, smoothing)
I fixed this.

Before
After

Before
After

Before
After

Before
After

Before
After

ibrahim

Now the MLV producer is working. I am using build 2164_intel. I had to put the .MLV fil and its metadata in the same directory as that of the build.

What am I supposed to select to convert dual iso mlv to processed cDNGs?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

AWPStar

@ibrahim

But i'm not recommend you to use this feature. Because it's just a test. Quality is pretty poor.

AWPStar

Another comparison for the color calibration option.
without
with

ibrahim

Quote from: AWPStar on January 20, 2016, 12:52:36 AM
@ibrahim

But i'm not recommend you to use this feature. Because it's just a test. Quality is pretty poor.

That's the odd thing. THere is no Dual ISO under FPN in my application to select. I even tried to find it in build 1944 and it is the same. The Dua ISO button does not exist.

Ok, hope that more progress will be made to boost the processing  ;)

AWPStar

@ibrahim
Try to resize input tool. Probably it is out of view.

ibrahim

Quote from: AWPStar on January 20, 2016, 01:06:58 AM
@ibrahim
Try to resize input tool. Probably it is out of view.

Thanks bro
Look forwards to see better results from dual iso. :)

AWPStar

@ibrahim
I have many thoughts how to process dual-iso. But all algorithms seems to be very slow.

arrinkiiii

"There were some problems with debayering.(false colors, smoothing)
I fixed this."

Maybe this can solve my problems =)  It's possible to try?

AWPStar

vertigopix

Some metadata bug :

EOS-M - Canon FD 28/2.8 (no electrical connection)

Thank you for this great piece of software !

arrinkiiii

U rock big time !  Thanks for this !

Will report soon  8)

feureau

Awesome update! Thanks, AWPStar!

Btw it seems the filter settings (sharpen, local contrast etc) cannot be copy pasted across clips, or is there some options I missed?

Also: Is it possible to make it so that MLVProducer remembers all the settings used between sessions, like having a default profile with all the custom settings set, so that every time we import a footage, it will set all possible settings to that? Lightroom has this ability to set everything as default profile and it's really useful to adopt to individual workflows.

AWPStar

@feureau
Thanks!
I just checked the code.
"Detail Sharpen" and "Smart Sharpen" are broken.
But copying of "local contrast" should work fine.

QuoteAlso: Is it possible to make it so that MLVProducer remembers all the settings used between sessions, like having a default profile with all the custom settings set, so that every time we import a footage, it will set all possible settings to that? Lightroom has this ability to set everything as default profile and it's really useful to adopt to individual workflows.
Now the only way is to save\load presets. But i think i can make this option.

kgv5

@AWPStar
I am playing with HDR feature in rev.2183 alpha intel and it seems that there is a problem with frame step option. I am trying to divide hdr 48fps footage and just cant, it gives me folder with both dark and light frames. There was no such problem in rev.2127.
Feature request: could you implement such a feature that when you choose HDR processing full frame rate or half frame rate but you have CDNG export selected it just automatically creates two folders with odd and even frames (so dark and light). Now you have to do it by hand. Thanks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

@kgv5
To explain how it works.
HDR option just blends nearest frames. So in that case you should always use step = 1.
When you set step > 1, it renders frames with step you choose.
So if you set step=2 and HDR blending it will blend dark frame with dark frame or white frame with white frame. It doesn't make sense.

HDR option doesn't work with DNG-files.

kgv5

@AWPStar

Sorry, i should have explained this better: what i mean is i was thinking about the feature which would be helpful with "external" hdr processing like in after effects where you need two separate streams- dark and light. Your processing inside the app is realy great for most cases but having two separate CDNGs folders give ability to add more of the effect by using shadows and highlights recovery in ACR (or resolve) to make dark frames darker and light- lighter separatelly. And i have noticed that i couldnt render with frame step 2 in the newest version- i was getting all the frames in the folder. I was able to do what i am talking about with your previous version (the one without hdr full/half button, i will try to post some examples. Thanks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

@kgv5
I got it. You found a bug. Thanks!
I will implement an option that duplicate task, shift input frame by 1, and rename output folder.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109