MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobberesh

@AWPStar
Thanks very much. Your recent videos have been helpful. It's good to see you drill down into some of the menu items.

kgv5

@AWPStar
Thanks for the build, i will try to make some tests tomorrow during the day. Meanwhile here is the link with dualiso file but 3x crop mode this time, resolution 2560x1090, maybe it will be useful for further adjustments, tomorrow i will send you some more.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd1ez21pxeavqq3/5d3%20DualISO%20400_3200%20crop%202_5K.MLV?dl=0

2,5k dualiso looks really great, artifacts are much less visible. Here is some very good example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwTxM6W0D-s

I put this file to the newest build and with dualiso test mode look very nice :) Tried to export as CDNGs just to see what will happen but it seems that this feature obviously is not ready yet (exported files were not processed).

Great job, keep going :)

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

@kgv5
Well yes. I'm developing algorithm to process Dual ISO and it's not ready yet. So i didn't implement it in dng code. But it will be done. :)
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

feureau

Hey AWPStar! Thanks for the app! It's the converter we've been looking for. :D

Btw, I've been randomly getting this error: http://imgur.com/rpWinR8

What does it mean? It happens when importing but sometimes it doesn't happen. I tried opening a huge mlv several times and it doesn't happen all the time.

EDIT This is build 1772

AWPStar

AWPStar

I just found the way to optimise performance up to 14%  :)

arrinkiiii

sweet =)  looking forward to see the new version of this app =)

DeafEyeJedi

Now that this should be worth to try once again running under Wine via OS X ... Keep it up and more Dual ISO files will be coming to you shortly!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

baldavenger

Relatively painless process to get this working in OSX via Wine. Instructions here are good. Very impressive piece of work. Huge potential. I ran a test, exporting resized footage in LogC as ProRes 444, and brought it into After Effects. Applied OCIO plugin, with ACES config. LogC input and RRT Rec709 output. Very pleasing results straight off the bat.

Huge potential. Huge.
EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | Canon 24-105mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Samyang 14mm T3.1 | Opteka 8mm f3.5

feureau

@AWPStar Thank you very much! That works wonderfully! :D

ibrahim

HI,

When I try to import my MLV file into mlvp.alpha.build2127.zip
I get the following pop up error directly:
out of memory frame cache has been disabled.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

AWPStar

@ibrahim
Program should work properly, but without Frame Caching.
It happens because of many technical reasons.

ibrahim

How do I disable the frame caching, I can't find it in the program?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

Danne

Something that might be useful here.
I found out how to export HDR on the fly using a tblend filter called -vf tblend=all_mode=average With this filter you,ll export a H264 HDR file or any other sequence (MLV/RAW shot in HDR) through FFmpeg straight to a ready to use merged file. Only this file will still keep the same frames per second.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13512.msg160084;topicseen#msg160084

AWPStar

@ibrahim
Frame Caching disables automatically.

@Danne
Wow! Thx!
It works and i can make the output option.
It blends frames, but it doesn't compensate motion.
I think it make sense in timelapses.

Danne

Yes, and also if filming in 50 or 60 fps. Looks great.
You could also check out the aligning function from the HUGIN project. It is time consuming but does wonders to the files.

Danne

Here,s a pipe command which will yield 30 fps from 60 fps HDR. 25 fps from 50 fps and so on. Reason because the higher framereate the lesser ghosting. Then you "normalize" your footage back to wanted fps.
It has to be piped through another FFmpeg since halfening the file in first encode won,t yield good results using tblend. Here is my syntax

Quoteffmpeg "$file" -vcodec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuv444p10 -vf "tblend=all_mode=average" -f matroska - | ~/Library/Services/MLP.workflow/Contents/ffmpeg -i -vcodec prores_ks -pix_fmt yuv444p10  -r $(echo $fps / 2 | bc -l) HDR_"$file"

kgv5

This would be great to have HDR -ready to use clip- export. Having both HDR and DualISO modes - each of those modes could be very useful in different situations.

@AWPStar

I checked HDR with 50fps file, works good, only issue is  when i want to delete number "1" with backspace in frame step window (when the file is loaded), it gives "run-time error 13, type mismatch", workaround was not to clean the window but add "2" and than delete "1".

I exported two 25fps CDNGs sequences - dark and light.

Here is 50fps HDR clip from 5d3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tssidhkb2a3kaue/5d3%20raw%20HDR%2050fps.MLV?dl=0

AWPStar

@Danne
So, ffmpeg just taking out half frame rate?

@kgv5
Thx!

Danne

Yes, ditches half of the frames. But it works.

AWPStar

kgv5

@AWPStar
It is a not big issue but I think it would be good to have a scroll bar in the queue window - after importing couple dozens of files it is hard to see and select them without expanding to full screen (and even with that i think it will not fit more than 120-140 at once).

AWPStar

@kgv5
I prefer to use right mouse button. So you can just slide down whole list.
3 reasons:
1. it is more accurate.
2. Workspace is free from unnecessary controls.
3. Fast access.

I returned to the old rendering system.
Now Color Space applyes before corrections and filters. So image can be lifted out of CS range.
To control that, you can use Highlight Clipping.
And Color Space range will be displayed at Histogram

It will improve quality(less posterization), performance and should improve capability of color grading.

arrinkiiii

So many new options  8)   wend we going have the possibility to try ??    :'(

AWPStar

@arrinkiiii
Can wait about 10-15min? I'll build test version.

For AMD and Intel processors separately.
MLVP.test.build2164.AMD
MLVP.test.build2164.INTEL