MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgv5

@AWPStar

I played with the newest 1944 version (i didnt check with the older versions) and noticed, that when I export CNDG with vertical stripes correction ON highlights are more or less clear but shadows gets much of the vertical noise (makes the image almost unusable).  When stripes corr is OFF it is ok in shadows but obviously highlights are noisy. Here are two CDNGs - so please put them to ACR and check for yourself with sliders.
(5d3 1.1.3)

No vertical corr
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxdzq71y2w00t77/M29-1635%20no%20vert%20stripes%20corr%2000000.dng?dl=0

With vert corr
https://www.dropbox.com/s/42o5ojaf60ysx2n/M29-1635%20vert%20stripes%20corr%2000000.dng?dl=0
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

@kgv5
I see. Probably i should add some threshold.
I will rework this function. Thx!
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

kgv5

@AWPStar, thank you :)
Other thing - when i am choosing/changing clips from media queue to play with them the app always reset the output folder - could you fix that? Maybe i do something wrong, could the app remember the output folder?

AWPStar

@kgv5
If I understood this problem correctly...
Eache clip has its own output Folder settings. When you're swiching between clip - you're also swiching between their settings.
You can apply output folder to all clips(copy/paste settings in Render Queue).

kgv5

Ahh..., ok, sorry, i didnt notice that. It works fine with copy/paste :) Thanks for the info.

arrinkiiii

Thanks you so much for the videos, it help a lot, thanks =)))   With +1 one the exposure don't solve the problem, with more yes but i need to lower the exposure and don't have that pink circle from the sun :/   After tomorrow i will put the MLV file for you to check and maybe you can see what is wrong, hope so =D

Can't wait for test the new version (FPN)  hope also you can have the ability to load any clip of dark video (15 seconds)  for subtract and get out all the noise =)   With my 7D normally i just work with 2 frame rates, with 5D you have full HD so its good that you can upload any kind of frame rate for making the subtracting thing with any camera/frame rate.

kgv5

@AWPStar
I extracted part of the clip as CDNGs using IN/OUT markers and checked "include audio". The app didnt generate any wav files. The same when i extracted full clip. Is it a known bug or maybe i did something wrong? (or maybe it is not ready yet?)

Are there any hot keys for IN/OUT points and next/provious clip? It would be very useful and real time/click saver with huge amount of files to process.

AWPStar

@arrinkiiii
I have 50D.
I'll try to shoot some samples in the dark. But I have to heat the cam's sensor. :-X

@kgv5
I/O - In/Out frames.
Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+PgDown - Previous task, Next Task
QuoteThe app didnt generate any wav files.
I know this problem. I will fix it to the next version.

kgv5

@AWPStar, thank you for the information.

Dont you think it would be better to remap ctrl+page up/down combinations to just say "K" and "L" keys? I am asking because with such a change it would be possible to keep one hand on the keyboard and the second one on the mouse, ctrl and page up/down are not close on a keyboard. It would be more "ergonomic" and more comfortable to use, doesnt matter when you have 5 clips but when you have 150 waving with your hand becames annoying.

AWPStar

@kgv5
You're right. I will duplicate keys.

But, if you have a lot of clips it would be easier to press "Q" and find clip in Queue window.
Or even place "Group View" tool to the top of the workspace. ;)

kgv5

Great, thanks :) :) Useful info about queue window and i will use it a lot.
When i have lot of clips i usually go through all of them, so play clip, set in/out for the best part, render, next, set in/out, render next and go on, like 100-150 times. One more useful feature would be an automatic file/folder name change if i am willing to render, lets say,  3 short parts out of the same, long clip - now you have to change the name by hand to avoid overwriting/render to the same folder (name would be the same).

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: kgv5 link=topic=15271.msg159779#msg159779
When i have lot of clips i usually go through all of them, so play clip, set in/out for the best part, render, next, set in/out, render next and go on, like 100-150 times. One more useful feature would be an automatic file/folder name change if i am willing to render, lets say,  3 short parts out of the same, long clip - now you have to change the name by hand to avoid overwriting/render to the same folder (name would be the same).

+1
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kgv5

Yes, i have checked how it looks in ACR and resolve and it is overwriting, single DNGs ale always the same, names always begins from 0 so you can screw your clip up by mistake.

Maybe you could add the feature (with on/off switch even) that every folder name has some unique number in the end (maybe time, but it shoud consist of the seconds also).

AWPStar

I can add something like counter at the end of the files.

AWPStar

Oh.. And i need Dual ISO video with closed cap to get Black levels.

kgv5

OK, i will send it to you in a moment.

Im still testing (v1944), i have to CONGRATULATE you on your SMART SHARPEN filter, really, its mindblowing - much much better than in resolve 12 !!! To get such a nice, sharp image without oversharpening look i had to render clip in resolve with 0 sharpeness and than add sharpening filter in premiere (value 15-30). And i still think your filter looks little bit better. Resolve sharpening looks more like your texture sharpen which alone doesnt give the best results, not natural looking image.
I used only smart sharpening with maximum value of 200 and it still looked great, no oversharpening look and no visible artifacts (at least in 100 percent view)!!! I think it is the best sharpening method for ML raw so far.

Playing with sliders wasnt very nice, they are not very accurate, entering value from the keyboard is not very "responsive", it is hard to say if the value was accepted, i had to click on other field to be sure. I think we need "reset" button next to every slider

Oh, i think i have found another bug - rendering to DNxHD - it seems it always render 24fps despite of setting. H264 was fine, i was able to render 25fps but dnxhd gave me 24fps.

kgv5

AWPStar

Thanks!

QuoteI think we need "reset" button next to every slider
You can reset values. 3rd mouse button or double-click.

Quoteit seems it always render 24fps
I just checked the code. Yes. it's another bug) Thx!

kgv5

Thank you, double click and the third mouse button works indeed, didnt figured this out myself.

Is it possible to add data levels for rendering? I have noticed, that your app probably renders dnxhd with 64-940 (but i am not sure, i just compared it by eye with resolve 12 output and looks very similar), is 0-1023 also possible? 0-1023 output (at least from resolve) looks nicer, more accurate with actual grading, 64-940 looks more washed out and less contrasty than in the grading window.

AWPStar

it depends on color space that you choose.

1020 is maximum because of some limitations
QuoteAdobeRGB      8-1020
sRGB      4-1016
REC709      0-1016
REC2020      0-1020
Linear      0-1020
DCI-P3      8-1016
BMDFilm      36-692
AlexaLogC   96-580
cineon      100-680
REDLog      100-684
ClogC      100-684
V-Log      128-612

AWPStar

Dual ISO. First tests.
It's just interpolation without exposure leveling and restoring of details.

http://z42.imgup.net/diso016824.png
http://m50.imgup.net/diso02a15b.png

I can process dualISO before debayering, and after cleaning from focus, dead pixels and FPN removing. :D

kgv5

bobberesh

@AWPstar
MLVProducer is awesome! Thank you for your hard work and development.

I'm a newbie when it comes to RAW / MLV and MLVProducer makes is really easy to see results. Is there a user guide or manual to MLVProducer? There are so many features and most, to be honest, I just don't know what they do.

Thanks again!!

kgv5

@AWPStar,
do you have a version with HDR export somwhere around? I would like to test this feature if you dont mind.

AWPStar

@bobberesh
No, there is no guide. But i want to make videos, how to work with some functions.

@kgv5
I can build test version for you.

mlvp.alpha.build2127.zip