AWPStar

@dpujolcosta, @pc_bel

I need to see log data.

MLVProducer.exe win log
1. replace MLVProducer.exe
2. open mlv/raw file
It will create log file("log.txt")
3. send me log-file.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

dpujolcosta

Quote from: AWPStar on November 09, 2015, 02:01:25 PM
@dpujolcosta, @pc_bel

I need to see log data.
[...]
4. copy and send me pm.

log sent

thanks!!!

pc_bel

@AWPStar

Log sent by PM...

Thank you very much.

Pau.

mothaibaphoto

build1944:
Correct camera and lens in CDNG, great!!!
But ... I've noticed that with ACR only "Embedded" camera profile brings adequate color rendition. Probably due to WhiteLevel tweaks you made, camera tag leads ACR to misinterpret colors. You'd rather give a choice of WhiteLevel value to write to CDNG and write something unique to your software to camera tag with your WhiteLevel value.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Hi @AWPStar
I've noticed MLVP most of the time does not render the audio, only the dngs but it didn't work in other codecs either.
Can you make an option render .wav only? So I don't have to re-render everything.
Thanks,
Nelson

AWPStar

@mothaibaphoto
You cen use "Exposure" option. it affects on the White Level. Just set it to ~+0.11

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
Hi!
I will implement audio exporting. I think it would be useful.
But, if MLVP does not render audio - it's bug, and should be fixed.

AWPStar

Here is debug version
More details on error.
Send me 'log.txt'

Thrandurin

Hi there AWPStar,

Firstly wanted to say Amazing and stellar work with this program! I cannot thank you enough. The color correction and dot removal tools are invaluable!

I was curious however if dual iso support can be added to the feautures as that would really be the answer to all my prayers as it is a difficult and tedius process currently and would really round off this program I feel.

Just a query.
Keep up the awesome work.

Will be donating when I have some funds come in.

AWPStar

Hi, Thrandurin!
Thanks!
i'm working on dual-iso.

kgv5

That is great, cannot wait to try :)
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

dpujolcosta

@AWPStar
I sent to you  a MP with log. I have problems to open MLV files again.

Thanks for your attention.

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: AWPStar on November 10, 2015, 07:17:09 PM
@mothaibaphoto
You cen use "Exposure" option. it affects on the White Level. Just set it to ~+0.11
Wow, you make it possible to edit DNG tags this way... I'm not shure does it useful though, but better to have than not :)
Some more remarks:
1. Something wrong with timecode and (probably as a consequence) no auto audio sync in Resolve.
raw2cdng timecode: 10:08:19.00, 10:08:19.01 ... 10:08:19.28 10:08:20.00
Frame rate 29.97
mlvP timecode: 00:00:00.00, 00:00:00.01, ... 00:00:00.28, 00:00:00.29, 00:00:01.00
Frame rate 29.969
No real time- no multicam sync for sure, but that extra 29 frame - I don't know what is correct.
2.WB still far from real. Your DNGs don't have any CameraCalibration tags - may be it's the source. I'm not a spec here, just what I noticed comparing files from several converters.
3. Exposure time, F number, ISO, Focal Length, Serial Number - all of these...
Glad to help you make  the best tool :)

pilgrim

Quote from: AWPStar on November 14, 2015, 07:41:21 PM
Hi, Thrandurin!
Thanks!
i'm working on dual-iso.

I am waiting eagerly... :)
By the way, even with the recent version already great program, thank you.

AWPStar

@mothaibaphoto
1. i'll fix it.
2. working on it.
3. Are these tags useful?

@pilgrim
Thanks! I'm doing my best.

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: AWPStar on November 18, 2015, 06:10:44 PM
3. Are these tags useful?
ISO - to apply appropriate noise profile,
everything related to lens - may be useful for lens corrections and so on.
Even if something seems not important now, can become important in the future.

dfort

Hi AWPStar how is dual iso going?

Just thought I'd fill you in on a couple of items that might help. cr2hdr seg faults every once in a while during the horizontal stripe fix process. Horizontal stripe fix is on by default on cr2hdr but it can be turned off with the --no-stripe-fix option. MLVFS doesn't have this problem thought it also doesn't have an option to turn horizontal stripe fix on/off. You are probably going to write your own code for dual iso but I thought I'd point this out in case you are looking at the source code for these programs. The other thing is that it looks like removing the focus pixels on dual iso is possible. I've been testing a new Mac workflow Danne is developing and dcraw was able to remove the focus pixels. It was a surprise to me because I tried doing in dcraw a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work for me--guess Danne has the magic touch.

In any case, here's dual iso with and without focus pixels.

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.msg157589#msg157589

By the way, I haven't done anything with your focus pixel files yet but I like that you mapped 0,0 in the center instead of the top left corner like dcraw. Oh, and you were probably wondering what that 3rd number in the dcraw ".badpixel" format is for--that's to put in the date that the "bad" pixel was discovered. It was originally designed to fix dead, hot, stuck sensor pixels.

AWPStar

Hi, dfort.

QuoteHi AWPStar how is dual iso going?
In Progress  ;)

Thank you for the tips!

eatbuckshot

There is an issue where, if you make a preset with a blank name(on accident? or invalid name?) it creates a file with only an extension ".pst1" and then will display a blank entry in the presets menu, but also will cause any new presets even if they're named correctly, to be blank as well

there is another issue with setting default output directory to a path with '[' or ']' in it. 'D:\OFFLOADS\[2015.11.07]Technica' would be truncated to 'D:\OFFLOADS\[2015.11.07' after restarting mlvproducer and checking the settings, I suspect this has something to do with how the settings.dat stores configuration using [] as delimiters

Also I can't seem to get the export and import queue to work, it saves a 2.24mb file regardless of how many i have in the queue and claims to be an unknown format on import

edit: I see  that Prores 444 FAST actually outputs 422 according to media player classic at around 250 MBps

what exactly is the difference between Prores fast and non fast?

edit:
I sought after x264 10-bit output support as it tends to be more efficient than 8-bit output with the same source, is of higher quality, and it handles gradients without needing to dither.
I discovered that 8-bit or 10-bit output depends on the specific build of ffmpeg.exe which can only output one or the other.  Here are builds with ffmpeg that use the 10-bit x264 https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/blog/?p=435 (i just replaced the old ffmpeg.exe that's alongside mlvproducer)

I prefer x264 over prores or dnxhd since they have a set compression rate and aren't that efficient at their bitrates. (https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2270)
(https://video.stackexchange.com/questions/13164/encoding-422-in-10-bit-with-libx264)  (http://x264.nl/x264/10bit_02-ateme-why_does_10bit_save_bandwidth.pdf)
(http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/111886/prores-444-output-using-ffmpeg)
Though there seems to be some issues with adobe premiere pro cs6 or after effects in importing any x264 encoded source besides 420
edit:
Since I can't seem to get them to work in ppro or ae, I opted for prores444 but with reduced bitrate, currently it's being encoded with a qscale of 0 for lossless by default in MLVProducer, but that produces 250+ mbps which is a little too much as I'm sharing these "masters" I discovered where I could set the qscale 9 by editing the parameters MLVProducer sends to FFMPEG http://i.imgur.com/x9aBdO4.png which allows around 142 mbps instead

AWPStar

@eatbuckshot
Sorry, i was unavailable. I will research this.

eatbuckshot

Quote from: AWPStar on November 24, 2015, 03:59:18 PM
@eatbuckshot
Sorry, i was unavailable. I will research this.
np!

just to note, from what i read, i think theoretically changing the qscale which the prores_ks encoder allows, may make the output video technically not compliant with the rates apple set for prores which i read has the possibility to cause issues with anything decoding it, but it seems to work fine for me in after effects

kgv5

AWPStar, do you need any dual iso clips or anything, maybe clips with some specific settings or so? I can provide you with 5d3 clips if you need something.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

AWPStar

natan069

I have the EOS M and I´m getting
"Run-time error '6' : Overflow"
with all my files too.

The T3i 600d files work Ok!
50D + 600D

eatbuckshot

I also noticed for FRSP there are black borders on the top and left of the image, i heard that MLV_DUMP doesn't do this

arrinkiiii

with the last version i also getting the "Run-time error '6' : Overflow"   

7D