MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

@AWPStar
Quotedoes MLVP work like a what you see is what you get
Sure, except dng exporting.

Can you send me both of files? i need to explore it.

And what Camera do you use?
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar
Of course, can you PM me your email address? I use my air bridge to send the MLVs
Ill send 2 examples of bad moire and 1 clip in crop mode. Let me know if you need anything more.

I use 700D w/ latest firmware (I believe)
all shots were recorded 1280x544 RAW 2.0 (still better than 1920x1080 h264 :P)
This is a relatively low resolution compared to the sensors resolution
Maybe this is why I have so bad moire? Due a lot of downsampling, I'm not sure.

dfort

Hey guys--I'm looking at some 700D files and found that the focus pixel map I made for the EOSM isn't working on it. Darn, it worked on the 100D and was hoping that it would work for all the cameras with focus pixel issues but the 700D has a different focus pixel pattern.

http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.msg156602;topicseen#msg156602

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
New build with crop for 700D
build1931

@dfort
dot32_crop2.dat
4696 pixels

dfort

@AWPStar

I just went through all the posts from the beginning and wow, fantastic work. I installed it on a Windows computer and via Wine on my Mac laptop which of course isn't ideal but it does work. One thing that works extremely well is the PayPal donate button on your app. I hope people have been clicking it.

Thanks for the new dot32_crop2.dat file, though a Windows BASIC binary data file isn't all that useful to a non-programer with a Mac. It was sort of like when the PayPal page came up in Russian but in that case I just hit the translate button and it all made sense. Hey, that gives me an idea, maybe you could translate your focus pixel files into ascii? I can share with you the one that I built row by row on a spreadsheet in my bitbucket download area, it is in dcraw ".badpixels" format. There's also one here that was published by foorgol, the developer of PinkDotRemover tool 650D and another one on bitbucket by maxotics who was working on FocusPixelFixer for Windows.

Yes, there have been several attempts at this but you are taking it to a whole new level. Since you seem to be open to suggestions, here's one for the "Remove focus dots" feature. To look into the metadata of mlv files you can use "mlv_dump -mv [mlv_filename]" but what am I saying, you obviously know how to extract the metadata which includes the camera model, image size, crop and pan information so why not automatically select the correct dot data file and settings to use? To the user it would seem like the focus pixel issue isn't even an issue. Of course you should leave a way for users to override the auto settings at least until you have perfected it.

Just my 2₽.

AWPStar

@dfort
Wow, You are very generous. Thank you kindly!

Quotemaybe you could translate your focus pixel files into ascii?
Here is txt files.
In your format

Only MLV-files contains camera model.
And sometimes camera model looks like: "ERR1:md:0x    0ml:0"
Im not sure how to use all of these metadata values to get right result.

dfort

Thank you so much.

I see you have a question about the dcraw ".badpixels" file format. Basically the last number is the date that pixel was mapped. It was meant to map out a few "stuck" pixels but it worked quite well on the 6,000+ focus pixels that I have found so far.

This is from the dcraw developer:

# .badpixels file for my Canon PowerShot G2, serial no. 4624504380
# dcraw will use this file if run in the same directory, or in any
# subdirectory.

# Format is: pixel column, pixel row, UNIX time of death

# This pixel went bad between August 1 and 4, 2002
962   91 1028350000
# This pixel went bad between January 9 and 30, 2003
902  877 1043000000

# These are only visible in low light, so I haven't dated them:
621  943 0
1285 1067 0
1286 1067 0
2181 1532 0

# I swept these up 4/19/2005
763   36 1110000000
1827  466 1110000000

# low light
198 1288 1110000000
346  328 1110000000
429  273 1110000000
621  943 1110000000
624  874 1110000000
848  400 1110000000
1682 1686 1110000000
1892 1250 1110000000
2234  484 1110000000
2242  618 1110000000

555  698 1135100000 # December 20-21, 2005
640  157 1139000000 # February 2-5, 2006

You probably aren't using dcraw but but you might consider adding a feature so that users can map out a few bad pixels. Or maybe some dust that landed on the sensor?

AWPStar

@dfort
There is similar function.

and i think i can implement "Dark Frame" for FPN and "White Frame" for dust.

dfort

Awesome. Keep up the good work.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar

Thanks, removing focus pixels on 700D crop mode is working great

However the copy paste settings feature does not work anymore, I don't know what causing it.
First I change a couple of settings on clip A, then i go to media que (q) copy settings on clip A.
Then select clip B and paste, but when I click paste the paste window won't show up.
Do you know a way to fix it? It used to work just fine.

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
Not really sure, maybe it appears under queue window? Try to move queue window.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar
I've tried it didn't work. But it used to work

I made a little video, maybe I'm doing something wrong
take a look:
https://youtu.be/6bheHyw6EHI

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
hmm. well yeah, it's a bug. but it works for me. i'll try to find it.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPstar
Hi again
Ive been searching for the paste options box for an hour now, still didn't find it.
But I've noticed a few things maybe that will help

When I copy from A a setting and paste on B clip and then hit ENTER the focus dots do get removed
So it apears the paste options box is working but just not visible . Now I can only use the default values of the paste settings box
Also the settings are not showing up for me either (ctrl+s)
This bug started occurring when I started using build 1908
Now when I start older versions the box is still invisible

I think something is wrong with my windows 10 which is weird because all software (I have a lot)  are working fine except MLVP.

arrinkiiii

dark frame for FPN,  it would be nice =)

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar
I've found the cause on why the paste option box is invisible.

I ran MLVP in administrator mode (before I didn't) this way windows 10 forgets where the windows are located and they go back to default position. (like you run mlvp for first time)
So the paste option box appears again and it worked fine.

But apparently paste box is not on top of other windows so it got hidden somehow in the edge of MLVP
Can you make a reset windows button or make the paste box on top of other windows, just like the media que?

Sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing, here's a video:
https://youtu.be/imoezLNMZ70
I hope you can understand the problem

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
Thank you!
Now i know how to fix this problem. :)
QuoteCan you make a reset windows button or make the paste box on top of other windows, just like the media que?
Sure!

Ottoga

@AWPStar
A small issue with v1931.  There are two window expand buttons both of which will expand the MLVP window to full screen on the primary monitor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnhsvzza37gpcjl/MLVP_Screen_minmax_buttons.JPG?dl=0

Also, a reminder that the application is not supporting multiple monitors correctly. It needs to keep track of which monitor that its window is on and treat that as its active monitor.

Lastly a suggestion for a post beta enhancement:
Full support for Full Resolution Silent Picture (FRSP) MLVP files.  A 19 frame sample file is available at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjj2bg5e96fmobn/54820000_Gravillia_FRSP_TL.MLV?dl=0

Interestingly MLVP does open the file and appears to already support it however the performance was really bad (slow). I think the sheer frame size is main culprit.

Cheers... Otto
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

AWPStar

@Ottoga
First button expand window to workspace
Second - to fullscreen

For FRSP i have to make crop function.

Ottoga

EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Where can I find the latest build?
Sourceforge seems not to be so up to date ;/

AWPStar

QuoteSourceforge seems not to be so up to date ;/
Latest release build is 1772
files

Latest test build.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Thanks!
Alpha build, yes that's what I meant :)

dpujolcosta

Hello

@AWPStar

"Run-time error '6' : Overflow"

I have problems again to open the file with the 7D.
The last file I sent, I can't open it yet, but after that I created new videos, and yes I can open.
Two days ago I created another video and the problem appears again, now I can't open new video, old videos yes I can.

any idea ?

In this link there are a new sample, http://we.tl/t7yD9muBjr (wetranfer.com this link is active for 7 days. Sorry, I haven't enough free space in Dropbox)
Could you help me. Thanks.

EOS 7D
magiclantern-Nightly.2015Nov07.7D203.zip
MLVProducer 1944

Thanks a lot

pc_bel

@dpujolcosta
@AWPStar
Quote"Run-time error '6' : Overflow"

Same problem for me... In all versions of MLVProducer!!!!... I have 5Dmk3. I can't understand it. Old files and new files too.