MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy kh

i tried rendering few clips but i get audio only for the first clip. tried shooting 1312X336 @50fps for slowmo but focusdots are not removed at all
edit: removed focus dots after proper settings
5D Mark III - 70D

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: masc on October 26, 2015, 08:30:00 AM
Go to "MyComputer/Z:/Volumes/..." ;-)

Well as soon as I click on the 'Z' after 'MyComputer' ... it freezes and have to force quit and restart as expected.

So how come it works on your end, @masc?

Quote from: AWPStar on October 26, 2015, 01:38:14 PM
Have you tried drag'n'drop?

Doesn't seem to do anything? Drag from Mac windows into MLVP is what I did ... is what what you were referring to?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

masc

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 27, 2015, 07:41:37 AM
Well as soon as I click on the 'Z' after 'MyComputer' ... it freezes and have to force quit and restart as expected.

So how come it works on your end, @masc?

Doesn't seem to do anything? Drag from Mac windows into MLVP is what I did ... is what what you were referring to?

Hm, okay... for me that works. I'm still on SnowLeo.

2nd way: Open Wineskin inside the package -> "Advanced" -> "Configuration" -> "Associated Extensions" -> "+", enter "MLV" as extension and "C:\Program Files\mlvp.alpha.build<xxxx>\MLVProducer.exe "%1"" as command. Then you can associate mlv with MLVP and doubleclick on your mlv (or just "Open with..."). It opens automatically! ;-)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dpujolcosta

@Awpstar congratulations for your work.
I'm doing tests with your program and is very promising

But today has come out a problem. I do not know what I changed in the EOS 7D, but now I can't open RAW files. Old files no problem, but new files since yesterday I can't open it.

This is the message:

I made the same with other program, MLRawViewer, and I can open the new files

Any idea ?

If you want I can send to you the file RAW
Program version: 1772
EOS 7D MLantern build: magiclantern-Nightly.2015Oct01.7D203.zip

Thanks

Sorry for my English

AWPStar

@dpujolcosta
Yes, send it to me please. i'll fix it.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

fxPPC

Working on creating a Mac Version (via Wine Bottler and Wine Tricks). This app looks like it is the new best thing for "developing" MLV files into Prores files for editing (since MLrawViewer stopped working for me). Got everything working UNTIL I click on the "..." to set the output path, which results in a "Runtime error '445'" and the app crashing. Very keen to get this working as it outstrips other programs by a mile.

I would be fine to continue working on packaging MLVP using Wine Bottler, but if you're using Free Basic and VB6 then I might be able to compile a native Mac app using the sources (Free Basic is cross platform and Mono supports VB for Mac). Would love to collaborate and make MLV Producer the end all utility!

Alice
---------------------------------
5D3, 7D, 550D. Rokinon Cine DS set, Canon L set, wide range of Russian and Contax-converted (Leitax modified) glass.

DeafEyeJedi

I'm on board with you for this one as well, @fcPPC!

This app is just too good to pass on even while running on Wine via OS X.

But there are also other incredible apps that works just as well on Mac's.

Such as MLVFS, cr2hdr-r to name a few...

eatbuckshot

Quote from: fxPPC on October 31, 2015, 04:38:40 AM
Working on creating a Mac Version (via Wine Bottler and Wine Tricks). This app looks like it is the new best thing for "developing" MLV files into Prores files for editing (since MLrawViewer stopped working for me). Got everything working UNTIL I click on the "..." to set the output path, which results in a "Runtime error '445'" and the app crashing. Very keen to get this working as it outstrips other programs by a mile.

I would be fine to continue working on packaging MLVP using Wine Bottler, but if you're using Free Basic and VB6 then I might be able to compile a native Mac app using the sources (Free Basic is cross platform and Mono supports VB for Mac). Would love to collaborate and make MLV Producer the end all utility!

Alice

I think some of the .dlls might use some variant of BASIC that's not vb6 and the source for those were provided somewhere in the thread, though Mono IIRC is for .net languages, which vb6 came before

It would be neat to be open source though.  I am a fan of it being able to run natively (probably statically linked vb6 library though) or without a framework to install.

dpujolcosta

@
Quote from: AWPStar on October 30, 2015, 05:15:39 PM
@dpujolcosta
Yes, send it to me please. i'll fix it.

Hello @AWPStar https://www.dropbox.com/s/3muomjbwp8kju8i/M31-0857.MLV?dl=0 is a sampe of mlv raw I can't open with your program.

Thanks

AWPStar

NelsonSigmundoFilms

Hi,
First of all; this is the best ML raw processing app i've seen so far, it properly removes the pink dots from my 700d.
However, I have a about 300+ raw clips and I can't globally remove the dots from all clips, so I have to open every clip and select the 'remove focus dots' check box
I've noticed the tabs red colored aren't global and those black are. For example when I change the white balance to very warm, all 300 clips become warm.
But this does not work on the Remove focus dots' checkbox, is there any to fix this? I don't prefer clicking 300+ times to remove focus dots on all the clips.

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms
Hi, Thank you for your attention!
QuoteI don't prefer clicking 300+ times to remove focus dots on all the clips.
You can open Media queue, select file, press "Copy" button, then paste settings to all of tasks.

Yes, it's true about red-colored tabs. In Group/Global mode you can only apply corrections. Input settings and Filters won't work.

dfort

Interesting project. Saw you are hosting it on SourceForge but can't find your source code. I haven't tried it out yet because I'm deep into helping out on another project, folder_ProRes444_lut which is a part of cr2hdr-r OSX batch conversion app (dng, CR2 ,MLV, RAW, HDR video) -- yeah I know it is confusing and it is OS-X only.

In any case, I just thought I'd share some "focus pixel" fixing we've been experimenting with and perhaps you could share your methods. Basically there are a couple of methods. One is using pixel mapping like with the PinkDotRemover tool - this is effective but that tool hasn't been maintained for a while and has never worked properly for me. The other method is doing a chroma smoothing that processes the entire image and takes longer to run. Sometimes these methods aren't 100% effective and they don't work on dual_iso, at least not yet. That's what I'm working on.

Currently I'm experimenting with running a "bad pixel" file in dcraw and have gotten some fairly good results. Here's a topic that I started on dealing with focus pixels. I put a focus pixel map file in my bitbucket download area and will try to update it with other cameras, resolutions, crop mode and non-crop mode, etc. when I can get around to it. In the meantime. Please feel free to comment, PM me, scream at me or whatever it takes if you can figure out how to get rid of focus pixels on dual iso.

One more thing, "cr2hdr --really-bad-pix" does get rid of the focus pixels but it pretty much destroys the images that I have ran it on.

AWPStar

@dfort

It's all simple.
dot32.dat contains dot list:

Type cords
    x As Long
    y As Long
End Type

Dim Shared Dots() As cords
Dim Shared DotCount As Long

Select Case Pattern

Case 0
            ReDim Dots(25859)
            Open "data\dot32.dat" For Binary As #1
            DotCount = 25860
        Case 1
            ReDim Dots(12959)
            Open "data\dot32_2.dat" For Binary As #1
            DotCount = 12960
        Case 2
            ReDim Dots(14330)
            Open "data\dot32_crop.dat" For Binary As #1
            DotCount = 14331
        End Select

Get #1, 1, Dots()
        Close #1

Sub DeleteDots(tp As Long)
    Dim w2 As Long = sWidth * 2
    Dim As Long n, x, y
    Dim i As Long
    Dim As Long i1, i2, i3, i4
    Dim As Long rz1, rz2
    If tp = 0 Then
        For n = 0 To DotCount - 1
            x = Dots(n).x + sWidth / 2 + hShift
            y = Dots(n).y + CLng(sHeight / 2 + 0.5) + vShift

If x > 1 AND y > 1 AND x < sWidth - 2 AND y < sHeight - 2 Then
                i = y * sWidth + x

i1 = dst[i - 2]
                i2 = dst[i + 2]
                i3 = dst[i - w2]
                i4 = dst[i + w2]

rz1 = Abs(i2 - i1) + Abs(i1 - dst[i - 1])
                rz2 = Abs(i3 - i4) + Abs(i3 - dst[i - sWidth])
                If Abs(i2 - i1) < Abs(i3 - i4) Then
                    dst[i] = (i1 + i2) / 2
                Else
                    dst[i] = (i3 + i4) / 2
                End If

End If
        Next
    Else
        For n = 0 To DotCount - 1
            x = Dots(n).x + sWidth / 2 + hShift
            y = Dots(n).y + CLng(sHeight / 2 + 0.5) + vShift

If x > 1 AND y > 1 AND x < sWidth - 2 AND y < sHeight - 2 Then
                i = y * sWidth + x

i1 = dstt[i - 2]
                i2 = dstt[i + 2]
                i3 = dstt[i - w2]
                i4 = dstt[i + w2]
                rz1 = Abs(i2 - i1) + Abs(i1 - dstt[i - 1]) + Abs(i2 - dstt[i + 1])
                rz2 = Abs(i3 - i4) + Abs(i3 - dstt[i - sWidth]) + Abs(i4 - dstt[i + sWidth])
                If rz1 < rz2 Then
                    dstt[i] = (i1 + i2) / 2
                Else
                    dstt[i] = (i3 + i4) / 2
                End If

End If
        Next

End If

End Sub

You can also use "dot32.dat", "dot32_2.dat" , "dot32_crop.dat". These files contains different patterns.

Quotebut can't find your source code.
Im not hiding sources. But it's in chaotic state. Also, BASIC syntax.
sources

AWPStar

Next month i won't do any new features. Except dual-iso. I plan to fix all bugs that we can find. And get stable project, beta version. :)

I hope you will help me  8).
Send me all bug reports, screenshots, suspicions, mlv/raw files that doesn't work, and description of the problem.

DeafEyeJedi

Sounds like a wise decision.

Excellent planning, AWPStar!

kutu

i already posted this bug, i will just remind about it
https://yadi.sk/i/YZyO8Hw3jMRSJ
to see that bug, you need to turn on Windows Aero, without it, moving little windows in ui works like in your youtube videos

another annoying bug, that i already reported too, MLVProducer app get focus if i just move my mouse over some controls/sliders, but focus right now in another application, and task bar icon start flashing with orange color, that saying to me, that this app need my attention

Ottoga

Hi,

I was experimenting with CDNG and DNG exporting with version 1928 today. Both exports seem to work ok.

I don't have any adobe editing software and use CyberLink PhotoDirector (v7) and /or RawTherapee to edit my raw/dng images.

I'm running a w10 pc with the Adobe DNG codec installed.

If I double-click on either the exported CDNG or DNG image both are successfully opened in the windows default photo viewer application. The CDNG image appears a bit washed out vs the DNG one but this can likely be adjusted in photo editor. The main point that I am making here is that both export images can be opened and viewed.

The issue that I came across is that only the CDNG exported dng files can be opened in both CyberLink PhotoDirector and RawTherapee  whereas the DNG exported dng files cannot.

CyberLink PhotoDirector  returns the error "Unable to Decode the Master"

RawTherapee decodes the images and presents them as solid Black. (images are opened using the RawTherapee defaults settings)

Samples below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orn8rni3rwopgf7/M24-082100000.dng?dl=0 image exported as CDNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/klyzgz7e560qrae/M24-0821_dng00000.dng?dl=0 image exported as DNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/arbao5ncbq0d66z/M24-0821_dng00000.dng.pp3?dl=0 RawTherapee sidecar file for image exported as DNG

Given that both images can be viewed successfully with Windows Photo Viewer I suspect that there are required metadata correctly populated in the CDNG export file that are either missing or not correctly populated in the DNG exported files.

Cheers... Otto

EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

mothaibaphoto

@AWPStar:
That DNG deflate is pretty useless: it produces relatively big and only ACR recognised files.
Here is comparison with Adobe DNG Converter.exe -c -p0 output:
MLVProducer DNG Deflate - 6,92 MB (7 257 847 bytes)
MLVProducer CDNG compressed Adobe DNG Converter - 4,83 MB (5 070 338 bytes)
MLV_dump compressed Adobe DNG Converter - 4,82 MB (5 060 678 bytes) (as reference)

dfort

@AWPStar

Thanks for keeping up the good ol' open source spirit.

Quote from: AWPStar on October 31, 2015, 09:48:17 PM
You can also use "dot32.dat", "dot32_2.dat" , "dot32_crop.dat". These files contains different patterns.

Im not hiding sources. But it's in chaotic state. Also, BASIC syntax.
sources

I searched your repository but couldn't find the "dot32*.dat" files that have the pixel coordinates. So three options are all it takes for all the cameras with the focus pixels issue at every possible resolution or do you have a few patterns and scale them for various resolutions? You're way ahead of me on this and I've got lots of questions but don't want to bog down your progress on MLVProducer.

I'm not really sure exactly how you are blending surrounding pixels to fill in the focus pixels but from the code snippet you posted it looks like you are averaging the surrounding pixels. When you get to dual iso you'll probably find that blending pixels from different lines (y axis) will not work. At least that's what my theory is after taking a very close view of focus pixels in dual iso.

Quote from: dfort on October 27, 2015, 11:56:46 PM
Here's a closeup of some focus pixels before processing in cr2hdr.

The horizontal lines aren't static, they appear to be marching up the frame thus giving the appearance that the focus pixels are jumping around. After processing in cr2hdr or MLVFS the pixels appear to be "smeared" vertically. See one of my early posts for an example of this. I think that dcraw is averaging the surrounding pixels when the "badpixel" file is being processed but this isn't working with dual_iso shots. It seems to me that only the pixels to the immediate left and right of the focus pixel should be used to fill in the "bad" focus pixel and this should probably be done before processing in cr2hdr. Does that seem right? Maybe run it though a version of dcraw that only averages by columns and not rows first and then feed the output into cr2hdr? Is that possible?

AWPStar

@dfort
Quotesearched your repository but couldn't find the "dot32*.dat" files that have the pixel coordinates.
It's in "data" folder of main program.

QuoteSo three options are all it takes for all the cameras with the focus pixels issue at every possible resolution or do you have a few patterns and scale them for various resolutions?
i just use center(+- 2 pixels) of a frame.
dot32.dat pattern for 3x3 scaled frames
dot32_2.dat for 3x5 scaled frames
dot32_crop.dat for crop mode

QuoteI've got lots of questions
Feel free to ask.

For now mlvp doesn't support dual-iso processing
I calculate the difference between left and right pixels
And do the same for vertical pixels.
I choose smaller difference.
So dual-iso should not affect the choice, because vertical pixels have high contrast.
                i1 = dst[i - 2]
                i2 = dst[i + 2]
                i3 = dst[i - w2]
                i4 = dst[i + w2]

rz1 = Abs(i2 - i1) + Abs(i1 - dst[i - 1])
                rz2 = Abs(i3 - i4) + Abs(i3 - dst[i - sWidth])
                If Abs(i2 - i1) < Abs(i3 - i4) Then
                    dst[i] = (i1 + i2) / 2
                Else
                    dst[i] = (i3 + i4) / 2
                End If

dfort

Quote from: AWPStar on November 01, 2015, 07:43:28 PM
@dfortIt's in "data" folder of main program.

Got it--I see they are binary files. In any case looks like you've got this all figured out, looking forward to checking out your progress on dual iso.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar thanks for the tip, you saved me a lot of time
However I still have 1 problem (actually 2)

1: From the shots where I recorded in crop mode, the focus dots did not get properly removed.
Turning on Remove hot pixels helped a bit but definitely did remove all of them. Do you know a way to fix this?

2: Not sure where to post this but,
I have some weird color artifacts on contrasting edges, I don't know if this is related to my camera (700D) or MLV in general
Edit: apparently this is called moire (I just found out today)
Don't want to spam the Magic Lantern forum with double posts, so here's a link to a (detailed) post with examples:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16114.0

700D MLV 1280x544

AWPStar

@NelsonSigmundoFilms Hi!
1. Use pattern "24x30" for crop mode.

Quoteapparently this is called moire
False color(side effect of moire).

2. Have you tried "new" debayering method?

However, this is not solution for cdng.

And you screenshots looks like out of MLVP with linear or SCDMF debayering, not cdng. But maybe i am wrong.

NelsonSigmundoFilms

@AWPStar
I did not know about the new debayering method. When I rendered it I just left it as default, had no idea what it meant.
Now that I look at it the new one looks a lot sharper compared to the linear one. (or linear is just blurry)

Q) Also, does MLVP work like a what you see is what you get, refering to moire/ false color etc.  (in the MLVP viewport) or, do I have render to see what it will actually look like in premiere/ resolve etc?

2) Unfortunately the crop pattern 24x 30 also did not work I tried shifting the pattern it helped a bit, it removed some blue dots in the middle but none red at the top and bottom.
https://i.gyazo.com/3646817da9b3b69ee32e330b41ab6f67.png

new debayer does not seem to get rid of moire/ false color:
https://gyazo.com/7873db77022bdc4ba5aba70bdeda0dd8

I will run more tests/ comparisons tomorow

PS: I am not a pixel debayering/ mosiac expert, if you haven't noticed yet