MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgv5

It is great to see the progress, keep it up AWPStar!
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

arrinkiiii

Wend converting to ProRes would like to have it in Cinelog, i think is the best Log for the ML Video Raw, dedicated to Magic Lantern/Canon  =) 

reddeercity

@AWPStar , I like the new screen shots. Do you have any New Updates with exporting, I would like to test it out with some of my 5D2 MLV files.
Thanks.

AWPStar

New version is available! Thank you for supporting!
Download

@reddeercity , Yes!)
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

DeafEyeJedi

Digging your screenshots, BIG time!

Too bad I can only play with this on Windows at work.

Keep up the great work, AWPStar!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

kgv5

Thank you AWPStar! It is really great update!

Some quick thoughts after couple of minutes with this version:
(tested on windows 7, i7, 16GB ram, GTX570)

- in file/open should be MLV instead of MLW - not really important, just typo
- is it possible to select in/out points for render? ok, it is in hot keys i/o
- could you add little "reset" buttons for each slider on the left?
- when i am rendering the file out of mlv i cannot find any output file in selected folder. Tried different codecs, rendering process is nicely fast though -5-15 fps :)

AWPStar

@kgv5, Thank you!
-There is button near text field. You can click it and select folder. But it may not work. Just keep it default("output") for this version.
-Right) Thanks you, i'll fix it.)
-y. three button at top panel. Or hotkeys I/O/C

-Middle mouse button will reset value. You can also use Shift to control it more accurate.
-Sure, i will.

And about fast export:

Also changes codec profile.

kgv5

THanks for the answer, UI is great :)
- when i am rendering the file out of mlv i cannot find any output file (seems like nothing is created) in selected folder. Tried different codecs, rendering process is nicely fast though -5-15 fps :)

AWPStar

Can you send me path pattern you use?
And try to use default folder("output") it should work. If it doesn't, pls. tell me app folder.
And while the rendering is in progress, in app's main folder should be created "tmp" file. Is it in there?

kgv5

I got it, if i render to the root directory like d:\ - file is there and works. If i select any folder - nothing is there. I have checked folder names with spaces and without  - no files in it. BTW fast render is really fast :) Checked on my laptop - win 8.1, i5, 12GB ram, gt920m - it runs over 30fps :)

Oh, and it seems it is changing to default "output" directory every time.

AWPStar

For each new task/file is used default settings.
You can also open queue(press "Q") and use settings for each file separatly.

Anyway, i will try to fix any bug =)

kgv5

I see. Further testing:

i opened the app, than opened queue, added 3 mlvs. From menu on the left i chose ultra fast preview (codec changed to h264 420 preview) clicked render queue. THe first file rendered with this setting but for the next two settings went back to h264 422 codec and rendering obviously slowed down by half. Now im testing on win7 desktop, no files created in output and even in root folder. I had the app on c drive in download folder, i thought that maybe it is because of some windows limitations and creating files on c drive. But moving the whole app to a different drive didnt changed anything.

AWPStar

All sets that you make, applies just to current file/task. You should chose "ultra fast preview" in each task.
Probably i should make some functions to copy/exchange settings.

KelvinK

Can you make some guide to Input tab?
Like what is "Reconstruct" "Lift" "SCDMF" etc and how it works.

Overall looks great tho :)
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

AWPStar

@kgv5
I just got same exporting problem on my laptop. It is definitely a bug and i can fix it.

@KelvinK
I will include "help" option in menu. And mb some tips.
And i should probably make guide of all process cause it differs from other programs.

Ottoga

@AWPstar

I have been testing MLVProducer Alpha build 556 on both a W8.1 laptop. Some feedback below.

• The initial size of the size of the application screen, whilst a windowed screen is larger than most laptop screens (e.g.: 15.5inch).
    I have a larger second screen that I can use and as such this is not a issue for me. I'm sure that there a many users for whom the Laptop is their primary screen.
    Maybe consider changing the the app to open in a smaller windowed size or just open into full screen mode on in the primary monitor. This may require interrogating the OS to determine the primary monitors size and then scaling accordingly.
  • It successfully opens standard video MLV files as well as FRSP MLV files however I was only able to do this by dragging and dropping the file on the video preview screen. The file open dialogue allows me to select the file but then doesn't load the file.
  • The app allows for multiple MLVs to be loaded however when attempting to minimise the active video window the entire app is minimised.
    On this theme, if multiple MLVs have been loaded,  via experimenting, I discovered that I could switch between videos by double clicking the relative entry in the render queue. If this will be the standard method for switching between videos within the app, then being able to minimise the clip window becomes unnecessary and could be removed.
  • The adjustment sliders have become unusable as any attempt to adjust the values by sliding results in it jumping to the maximum values.
    Double clicking on either side of the center mark allows a more granular selection but with zero accuracy.  Entering values directly in the value boxes only works if whole numbers or 0 are entered. (in the alpha2 version the sliders worked as expected).
  • I have added a number of addition LUT files into the \data\luts folder. It now contains 62 LUT files. The colour LUT selection dialogue cannot handle a large quantity of LUT files and needs to be modified such that it presents the available files in a scrollable list.
  • Rendering a clip results in no output file being generated irrespective of whether the default out location and file names are used or alternate locations and file names used.
    Correction - If I set an in and out point, rendering results in a file being generated. I suggest that by default it should render the entire clip if in and out points have not been specified.
  • When rendering the same clip again I received a "File is already exists" message. I can see many reasons why someone may wish to render a clip multiple times (e.g: different parameters, LUT etc.). This can be overcome by manually adjusting the file name however I suggest automatically appending a date and time stamp or an incremented number to each rendered clip and thereby giving it a unique name.
  • I received an out of memory run time error Although I had 2.5gb of available memory. Reproducible while performing the following:
    -  Loaded 4 clips
    -  Switched from the active clip to another
    -  modified the black level, exposure and local contrast
    -  Applied a LUT
    -  set an in and out point
    -  Switch to another clip
    -  Switched back to the previous clip where the adjustments had been made

The out of memory error consistently occurred when switching from the active clip to an alternate or to the alternate and then back to the clip where adjustments were made.
Happy to test releases as you develop them, maybe provide a list of changes in the release notes so that we know what to test.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

AWPStar

Hello there!
I need RAW/MLV samples with vertical banding. On my 50D i can get it only with vertical lines every 4 pixels.
And please test "Remove focus dots" function.

@Ottoga
Thank you for testing and bugreport.

• I think fullscreen as default will be fine.
  • looks like some bug.ill try to fix it.
  • These buttons are duplications of main window's buttons. MB i can do some tabs.
  • another bug. ill fix it.
  • I plain to make Lut Browser with cube thumbnails.
  • Bug.
  • Bug + bad rendering design.
  • Unfortunately, I don't know what went wrong. i have 1GB limit for the cache. I can turn it off for the test. Luckily, i have 3 desktops, 1 server-pc and 6 laptops with different OS's to catch it ;)

i'll try to do changelog. But it is quite complicated, because i'm doing a lot of changes everyday. Maybe just new features?

AWPStar

Just funny story. Two days i tried to find bug with exporting and it blowed my mind when i found it in Dialog window. I forgot about OFN_NO­CHANGE­DIR flag so it changed my current directory... :-\

hotfix

• exporting fix
  • screen resolution/workspace fix
  • lut loading fix(lut file with LF char)
  • "Space" hotkey to play/stop
Download v.605

Ottoga

@AWPStar

Have sent you a PM with testing feedback for v.605
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

AWPStar

@Ottoga

Thank you. It was very useful!
QuoteDithering
I think it's hard to see this effect.
QuoteAudio Handling
I still need mlv-samples with audio tracks. From different cams.

You have some unusual problems with sliders.

AWPStar

@Ottoga

I don't really understand what the problem do you have with sliders. Its smooth and accurate. Left click to set value,mid click to reset value, shift to improve accuracy.
What OS do you use?

Ottoga

@AWPStar

QuoteI don't really understand what the problem do you have with sliders. Its smooth and accurate. Left click to set value,mid click to reset value, shift to improve accuracy.
What OS do you use?

I have tested this on two different laptops with the same result.

My primary laptop is an ASUS S550C (w8.1 pro, Intel HD graphics driver). The following link is a screen shot of it specifications.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u8eealwc62tc0q/Computer%20Spec.JPG?dl=0

The other laptop is a DELL Latitude E6400 (w10, Intel HD mobile graphics driver)

The following link is a screen shot highlighting the slider issue:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/gue4cf5r6hugxnn/MLVProducer_Sliders_issue.JPG?dl=0

The Black Slider works perfectly (including the mid click and shift for accuracy controls).

The same is not true for the White Balance and Correction sliders:

• If you look at the values of the White Balance and Correction sliders vs the highlight of each slider you will see that they are not aligned with each other. The example was obtained by applying a single left mouse click in each of the sliders. A second left button mouse click (after a brief delay) will align the highlight with the slider value.
  • Holding the left mouse button and dragging left or right will adjust the values of the control (visible in the value box) however the highlight always displays the extreme (positive or negative relevant to the drag direction). Again, a second left button mouse click (after a brief delay) will align the highlight with the slider value.
  • The Mid click centering control does work for each slider.
  • The Shift/Accuracy functions works for each slider as well however slider highlight jumps to the extreme (positive or negative relevant to the drag direction).
Note that in the mlvp.alpha.build002 all of the sliders work correctly as per your latest feedback as well as the entry of decimal values where appropriate.
        The only issue that I have observed is this build is that I can enter values greater than than the min/max values intended for the individual parameter.

Cheers.... Otto

AWPStar

@Ottoga

i could not get this bug. i did not use win8, but on win7 & win10 it works well. Maybe you have some specific OS settings? scaling or something else?
i'll try to make test app to get more information.

Ottoga

@AWPStar

To my knowledge both are standard installs. I tend not to fiddle with the os settings (If it ain't broke I don't fix it).

What code changes if any have been made between alpha 2 v the current release?

AWPStar

@Ottoga
I didn't change anything in sliders code.